Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 2:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
cberg wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cberg wrote:
https://sos.noaa.gov/datasets/water-vapor-real-time/

https://sos.noaa.gov/datasets/carbon-flux/

There, I had time to find you these without actually having any spare time. There are probably thousands, it's a major computing project that's in no way hard to find or access.

So you're saying that it's all very simplistic.

It is to look at.

I think as is common with some aspies, you're expecting someone to already have your level of familiarity.

I'm expecting some people to have fun getting there. Supercomputing is everywhere these days, it's not my fault gimmicky apps & clickbait are so distracting.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 12:23 am

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 2:48 am

goldfish21 wrote:

ROFL :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 2:22 pm

I'm not actually a fish, buuuut:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 4:47 pm

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

—Cree Prophecy

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 7:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm not actually a fish, buuuut:

There are plenty of frogs and bumblebees where I live.

Here's recent video of Monarchs

I'm all for conservation. But I have a problem with doomsday claims I can easily see aren't true.

I hear Alaska is out of salmon, I check that and see last season Alaska had a banner year for salmon.

I hear that bumblebees have disappeared, and I remember seeing tons of bumblebees pollinating all the blackberry flowers last year.

I hear frogs have disappeared and I remember seeing and especially hearing tons of frogs last year. I even made a post about all the frogs last year. viewtopic.php?t=366213

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 8:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm all for conservation. But I have a problem with doomsday claims I can easily see aren't true.

And then there's the awful truth https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/pro ... index.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 8:32 pm

Your extremely localized observation of a few bees and frogs is not indicative of those animals' populations around the world, across your country, or even your state. The people who's job it is to monitor, measure, record and report these creatures' populations know FAR better than one person's observations in their backyard or on a walk around the block.

Your post is like trump when he says "it's cold outside today so where's global warming?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 9:05 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Your post is like trump when he says "it's cold outside today so where's global warming?"

Conservatives who are in the pocket of fossil fuel companies are prone to make public comments that go against the 97% of all climate scientists in 80 countries who agree that it's a forgone conclusion anthropogenic induced climate change is real.

In addition to "hot" water the oceans are also getting more acidic as carbon locked in the oceans become labile resulting in acidification and bleaching of coral and destruction of plankton which form the basis of all food chains in the ocean.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 9:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Conservatives who are in the pocket of fossil fuel companies are prone to make public comments that go against the 97% of all climate scientists in 80 countries who agree that it's a forgone conclusion anthropogenic induced climate change is real.

In addition to "hot" water the oceans are also getting more acidic as carbon locked in the oceans become labile resulting in acidification and bleaching of coral and destruction of plankton which form the basis of all food chains in the ocean.

Mhmm - I am aware of these things. I posted a thread a few days back about how many American Congress members accept Millions from the fossil fuel industry in exchange for their climate science denial & enacting laws that enrich said corporations. These things are all very easily seen by anyone that doesn't have their head in the sand.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 9:27 pm

If bumblebees and frogs have disappeared, then I wouldn't be seeing them, anywhere.

Things are not as bad as they're being made out to be by the imminent doomsday bunch.

And it's because of imminent doomsday alarmist melodrama, that many people aren't taking climate change seriously.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I posted a thread a few days back about how many American Congress members accept Millions from the fossil fuel industry in exchange for their climate science denial & enacting laws that enrich said corporations. These things are all very easily seen by anyone that doesn't have their head in the sand.

It's not hard not see how many "climate change skeptics" are accepting donations from coal/oil companies. Also the 3% of climate scientists playing the "skeptic card" are recipients of grants from fossil fuel.

This seems to be a new thing as I recall Al Gore had no dissonance over campaigning against globlal warming while being a shareholder in petroleum companies?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
If bumblebees and frogs have disappeared, then I wouldn't be seeing them, anywhere.

Things are not as bad as they're being made out to be by the imminent doomsday bunch.

And it's because of imminent doomsday alarmist melodrama, that many people aren't taking climate change seriously.

So dad hasn't build an underground bunker...just in case?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:50 pm

EzraS wrote:

No one has said they have disappeared entirely. It's known that they are disappearing.

Things are exactly as bad as they are observed & reported to be. That's the thing with science, it simply is exactly what it is - there is no sliding scale of making things sound better or worse, only observable objective reality.

It's because of science deniers that people aren't taking scientists seriously.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 2:03 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No one has said they have disappeared entirely. It's known that they are disappearing.

Things are exactly as bad as they are observed & reported to be. That's the thing with science, it simply is exactly what it is - there is no sliding scale of making things sound better or worse, only observable objective reality.

It's because of science deniers that people aren't taking scientists seriously.

I took the spooky scary meme you posted literally.

Memes and alarmist websites are not science.

Science does have many variables and those within the science community who differ on views concerning many things.

People aren't taking amateurs who sound like kooks seriously.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 2:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I posted a thread a few days back about how many American Congress members accept Millions from the fossil fuel industry in exchange for their climate science denial & enacting laws that enrich said corporations. These things are all very easily seen by anyone that doesn't have their head in the sand.

It's not hard not see how many "climate change skeptics" are accepting donations from coal/oil companies. Also the 3% of climate scientists playing the "skeptic card" are recipients of grants from fossil fuel.

This seems to be a new thing as I recall Al Gore had no dissonance over campaigning against globlal warming while being a shareholder in petroleum companies?

Do you really think you're going to get through to those accepting donations from coal/oil companies?