Page 5 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 3:43 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Fnord wrote:
That's "Fnord". With an "n". Get it right.

He's still mad the other guy called him Cindarella, so he's taking it out on you "Ford". :lol:

Actually, I'm big on forgiveness and can discuss things without insults. I will combat insults though. I personally see it childish to lash out with personal insults simply because you disagree with someone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
He's still mad the other guy called him Cindarella, so he's taking it out on you "Ford".

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:23 pm

Magna wrote:
I've always wished I could read people's minds.
That reminds me of a (slightly sexist) joke.
Quote:
A man was walking along a Florida beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it, and out popped a genie.

The genie said, "OK, You released me from the lamp, and blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month, and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three ... You only get ONE wish!"

The man sat, and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm scared to fly, and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible! Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete -- how much steel! No, think of another wish."

The man said, "OK, I'll try to think of a really good wish."

Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive. So, I wish that I could understand women, know how they feel inside, and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment. Know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say 'nothing', and know how to make them truly happy."

The genie just stared at the man for a minute.

"So", the genie finally said, "do you want that bridge to have two lanes or four?"

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
He's still mad the other guy called him Cindarella, so he's taking it out on you "Ford".

:lol:

Did you photoshop that yourself? That's pretty good. I don't have that ability, I've never used that kind of software before--Microsoft Paint is as sophisticated as my image-creating/altering experience gets. :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 7:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I got banned for posting that image ( and a few more )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 7:36 pm

You got banned....then you became a Mod.....an amazing transformation!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 7:44 pm

I haven't changed though

although maybe your perception of me has changed

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 8:56 pm

My perception of you hasn’t changed at all.

I’ve always found you a cool guy.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 8:57 pm

The feelings mutual dude

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

You can have a biological parent. And you can have adoptive parent (someone who takes on the social role of a mother or father to you even if they aren't your biological mother or father). Same with siblings, and step siblings, etc.

You could go by analogy to that.

Sex is biological, and gender is social.

Most folks are born one sex or the other (though there is a rare few with messed up genitalia who are in between, but that's another story). And most folks adopt the social role that goes with that biological sex. But there are a few who don't go along, and adopt the social role of the sex opposite of their born biological anatomy. So they are transgender. I dunno. Works for me. Someone born male can take on the social identity and role of a female or vise versa.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 3:47 am

It doesn't matter what any scientist claims ....

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 7:03 am

I see it like this, my opinion.

One thing I find funny about the whole situation is I just watched an interview with Gad Saad the other day where he was discussing that social sciences are the most susceptible to bias because activists who go into the field are able to carry their natural bias with them. The fact is science is not suppose to care about feelings and it appears that was probably the only reasoning for altering gender terms. Maybe I'm wrong but it definitely appears that way. To me it's like saying that science should not be able to suggest theories that would discount the bible. As all people should know this was done in the beginning, someone who suggested that earth and humanity came from a source other than God could be executed.

I want to point out that not even all transgenders agree with what has been done with the gender movement and how the gender movement has robbed people of language, women and man no longer meaning biological woman and man. The thing I find most odd is, I thought we were supposed to accept people for who they are, so why is 'transgender' widely considered a negative word? It is a natural state of being, claiming you are a woman doesn't make it true. It seems the correct terminology should be trans-man(FtM) & trans-women(MtF), don't pretend to be something you are not, why should you feel ashamed for recognizing you are a transgender? On the flip side, in social communications I do not object to addressing a transgender by he or her, which ever they prefer. It's called being respectful.

Where it counts the most is things like women's sports and women's rights movements. Expecting the human language to be dramatically altered to appeal to a very low percentage of people(woman & man, male & female are commonly used words that refer to biological sex). Take for example, for women to carry on with women's rights movements, they are pretty much going to have to alter their movement name to 'biological women's rights'. I call that hijacking our language and I'm not the only one who sees it like that.

Why can't transgenders form their own movements and not hijack women's movements?(Already a problem) Why do transgenders insist they should be able to enter women's bathrooms?(That can lead to serious issues and already has nearly the minute they allowed it) Why do transgenders feel they should be able to enter women's sports? (Already a big problem also)It's clearly not fair to women, they have a long history of being abused by men and all we are doing is opening that door wide open yet again, simply to appeal to transgenders.

On the flip side of that, if a trans-man enters men's sports and gets killed(broken neck/back) because women have lower bone density, are we as a whole going to feel guilty for allowing that to happen? I personally think it would be pretty awful. I don't feel a lot of trans-men are going to do that though because they are aware of the dangers.

Basically, why pretend to be something you are not and why alter and disrupt language so you can pretend to be something you are not. Don't read into this negatively, what I'm saying is the fact that someone is a transgender is simply stating facts and if you say transgender is a negative word then clearly you possibly have discomfort with them in my perspective. The fact of the matter is there is nothing wrong with being a transgender. It's like me insisting I'm a space-alien, I can say it all I want, that doesn't make it true.

To point out one other little thing, I'm hearing that a chemical being given to trans-women has a bad side effect causing irrational thought. I'm not sure of the specifics, whether it is being given to both trans-men and trans-women.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:09 am

SaveFerris wrote:
You got to be a moderator even though you were once banned?

Then there's still hope for me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:38 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
You got to be a moderator even though you were once banned?

Then there's still hope for me!

Of course there is. I actually nominated you. There was a long list.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:40 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
You got to be a moderator even though you were once banned?Then there's still hope for me!
KEWEL!! Thanks!

Now, what was the topic of this thread again?

:wink:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 10:57 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
You got to be a moderator even though you were once banned?Then there's still hope for me!
KEWEL!! Thanks!

Now, what was the topic of this thread again?

:wink:

It was 'Gender vrs Sex'