Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2019, 7:37 pm

I'm not sure why we're even discussing tabloid news, but I thought it would be good to show people that whilst some are old, they never tire of writing in begrudged letters, the truth and pain behind every aristocracy.

Poor Phil Mountbatten

You can see just by how sorry he is, how far the elderly Royals have come in heartfelt apologies over the years. This man was the only one who really understood the families full plight and well, in this letter, it seems that he is making his final will and testament. It really is sad when people have to go out of their way to humiliate a man who already leads a solitary existence to reduce him to yet more human shreds.
Don't people ever stop? Well, I just hope she gets enough to start her own funeral parlour and make her final death wishes. My nan once broke her wrist in a work related accident and that was the companies fault, she never once sued.
This woman is clearly pursuing a claim she thinks will win her crowd appeal for after Brexit and beyond. This stinks of public hypocrisy, and making a song and dance about it when her friend suffered a bruised rib etc, never pursued this pathetic line of making a small fortune beggars belief.
Next time, maybe modest crash victims like Miss Vanity Fair, would like to depocket a whole family on benefits?

Last edited by PearlsofWisdom on 29 Jan 2019, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 7:45 pm

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
... It really is sad when people have to go out of their way to humiliate a man who already leads a solitary existence to reduce him to yet more human shreds. Don't people ever stop? Well, I just hope she gets enough to start her own funeral parlour and make her final death wishes. My nan once broke her wrist in a work related accident and that was the companies fault, she never sued. Next time, maybe modest crash victims like Miss Vanity Fair, would like to depocket a whole family on benefits?

Wow! Blaming the victim is so unbecoming of a learned adult, yet here is the OP doing just that!

Prince Philip admitted his guilt, expressed regret, and apologized for the injuries he caused. These are the hallmarks of a humble man and, given his station, his letter clearly demonstrates how low this great man is willing to humble himself to the victim (and to the public).

While the OP has every right to express her opinion, the salient facts of the matter at hand do not support the obvious contempt she holds against an injured party.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2019, 7:51 pm

^^ (@Fnord )In the land of free will and risk taking in Great Britain, I invite people with clear modesty and honest views to judge a 97 year old Royal on his freedom of movement and eyesight.
I only stick up for some elderly, because most have genuine needs to get out and live a pathetic daily existence, rather than what truth crumbles and beholdens them. And no, I do not saviour or doubt the victims plea for treasure within the Royal Household. My views are she saw a crumpled figure, and pulled out on purpose. I would not reward her sorry sad claims within an ounce of Goldfinger. So, I suggest you had better stock up on your Trump house of betting cards, as I presumed White House Down, was the last of the old Mohican news spiel? your own in house material.
What the truth saviours, the rest shall or may not, pardon. What may be well rehearsed in the Royal household, can leave the hallmarks of sullen effects on the rest of it. The entrance of an American feminist and dear patriot may carry the bearings of that grave hallmark next. A very hereditary, discounted and misplaced deed.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2019, 8:03 pm

Moved from or to, News and Current, as I guess this one doesn't score up in the House of Trump playing cards. :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 6:14 am

What is this thing doing in a subforum about languages?

Shouldn't it be in "Current Events"? Or maybe in "Random"?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 8:06 am

If people reach a point where they are too frail to drive safely they should not be driving. A car is a deadly weapon when handled badly.

You've got no proof the woman deliberately caused the accident.

I think the court case could prove a greater precedent in British law. I've known people get to the point where they are too old to drive and have struggled to accept it. If there were some test after the age of 75 it might make the roads safer. It would give family of elderly ones an easier time convincing them to give up their keys because if tgey failed, legally tgey would have to stop driving.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2019, 7:50 pm

Whilst I've no proof she nor her friend who was driving didn't actively cause the accident, I beg to differ why the friend didn't want to pursue an earlier claim and Miss Third Party did. If the supposed accused is going to be to blame for the accident , its worth establishing ALL the facts and not just the victims, or their claims to sue.
Something else worth considering is maybe the two women thought they could make something out of a molehill, because two motherless brides look better than the ones who felt left out in the masked ball, who didn't get married to Prince Harry. Struggling to understand why nobody has said both sides are to blame for what happened yet.
Most people are really just impatient in this country when they see an elderly person at the wheel, and whilst I agree with the retest, which is more than the eyesight test, I think there needs to be some understanding on the part of an elderly driver who has no other close living relatives close by to get shopping or cant afford the luxury of residential care.