Books on Magick, Mysticism, and Divination

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 11:40 am

^ That sounds really interesting too you guys! Especially Earth Magic. :D I think I'll definetly keep that in mind and try studying what I can find about them, and I may try astrology too. In fact the local book store in my neighborhood had a book about astrology. I hope they still have it... if not I'm sure I can find books online.

One thing I really have dabbled in is Candle Magick. I know what some of the colors mean like green for money and red for love. Maybe I should find books on that aswell?

:chin:

Oh and The Book of Runes actually comes with a bag of rune stones. 8)

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:11 pm

I got a book of runes with a bag of stones... might be the same but I got it about 30 years ago now.

There's something very satisfying about rummaging in a bag of stones.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:30 pm

Trueno wrote:
I got a book of runes with a bag of stones... might be the same but I got it about 30 years ago now.

There's something very satisfying about rummaging in a bag of stones.

I had a neighbor who had some (that was how I originally found out about them) and she let me pull out three peices from her bag once and used a guide book to explain my past, present, and future (I think that's how they work right?)

I thought it was pretty cool. 8)

Also when I went to New Orleans I learned a little about the true history of Voodoo And Hoodoo (none of the dark evil Hollywood crap). I even got to visit an authentic shop with handmade dolls, candles, and juju bags and there was a little shrine where people placed offerings of things like pennies, tobacco, and bubblegum. It was was very interesting. :chin:

I'm not actually a Voodoo practitioner but I got the idea to build my own little shrine/altar in my room where I place offerings of real copper pennies, king cake babies, hickory nuts, and paper fortunes from fortune cookies (they're all in these four little boxes).

Fnord probably thinks I'm very crazy for doing that. :lol:

(That's not a personal attack on you buddy I actually like you :) )

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 31 Jan 2019, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:36 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
... Fnord probably thinks I'm very crazy for doing that...
No, I do not think that you are crazy. No offense taken.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
... Fnord probably thinks I'm very crazy for doing that...
No, I do not think that you are crazy. No offense taken.

:D

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:03 pm

Here's a picture of a voodoo shrine like the one I saw in New Orleans.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:13 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Those kinds of things sound fun and they may look innocent but those kinds of books open up doors to some really dangerous forces. Those kinds of things not only get into your mind but also hurt you as well as your families and everything else. If you want to read anything the bible is the best choice because you don't need spells and other things. The creator, God can do cool things though you.

If you are also interested in supernatural forces, I would recommend Gospel Truth by Andrew Wommack. He talks about really cool things.

I'm an atheist. And I've believe in supernatural things as soon as someone can demonstrate anything supernatural exists.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

AspE wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Those kinds of things sound fun and they may look innocent but those kinds of books open up doors to some really dangerous forces. Those kinds of things not only get into your mind but also hurt you as well as your families and everything else. If you want to read anything the bible is the best choice because you don't need spells and other things. The creator, God can do cool things though you.

If you are also interested in supernatural forces, I would recommend Gospel Truth by Andrew Wommack. He talks about really cool things.

I'm an atheist. And I've believe in supernatural things as soon as someone can demonstrate anything supernatural exists.

And as an agnostic I believe some things CAN'T be explained.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 3:26 am

I've been in a voodoo shop in New Orleans... may have been the same one. Really weird stuff in there... I got the definite impression it wasn't lighweight tourist stuff.

I once visited Avebury in the UK on midsummer day. Although people usually think of Stonehenge, Avebury is a different kind of stone circle in Wiltshire. It's huge and the village is almost in the centre of it. There are some real characters there at midsummer, druids and pagans... one of them looked like Gandalf. At Avebury you can hug the stones (or you could then) and feel the energy coming up from the earth.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 8:08 am

Trueno wrote:
I've been in a voodoo shop in New Orleans... may have been the same one. Really weird stuff in there... I got the definite impression it wasn't lighweight tourist stuff.

I once visited Avebury in the UK on midsummer day. Although people usually think of Stonehenge, Avebury is a different kind of stone circle in Wiltshire. It's huge and the village is almost in the centre of it. There are some real characters there at midsummer, druids and pagans... one of them looked like Gandalf. At Avebury you can hug the stones (or you could then) and feel the energy coming up from the earth.

Yeah in New Orleans they have plenty of "fake" Voodoo Shops that are really just glorified gift shops for the tourists, but we got to see one that was authentic. The tour guide even told us not to buy anything because unless you're an actual practicioner the shopkeeper lady gets very offended when people buy her handmade voodoo dolls and juju bags as "souviners", and you could see that these were all actually handmade. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:42 am

I keep my AD&D dice in a velvet "Juju" bag I bought at a Santeria-based botánica in Santa Ana, California.

There has been no noticeable change in the randomness of my dice rolls.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:12 am

Fnord wrote:
I keep my AD&D dice in a velvet "Juju" bag I bought at a Santeria-based botánica in Santa Ana, California.

There has been no noticeable change in the randomness of my dice rolls.

I once made a homemade voodoo doll of a man who was living with us that I hated and it succeeded in getting rid of him.

...but I think that's because he found my doll of him in the woods with all the needles and burn marks and he moved out the next day because he was scared of me after that. :twisted:

But results are results! :mrgreen: