Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 9:17 pm

I thought I would put a handy definition and PSA together as the word 'troll' gets bandied about a bit and accusations of trolling do constitute a personal attack on a person.

My main point is - if you suspect someone is trolling, don't accuse them (personal attack) but report and IGNORE that person. Don't feed the trolls.

This is Wikipedia's definition:

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

That does not mean to say we shouldn't discuss subjects that are controversial, but to deliberately goad someone or a group of people who you know will react a certain way, is trolling. Of course one could argue that all threads posted in PPR could fall into this category... and indeed rules are slightly more relaxed in that forum, Except personal attacks are not allowed.

Here is a picture I made to remind you. It's not a good picture, I admit, and could all by itself constitute a troll...

AQ 40
ASD-1

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm

That doesn't look anything like me.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 2:03 am

LOL

AQ 40
ASD-1

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 10:00 pm

Is that a troll burger on the right?

I seem to have a never ending supply of troll burgers :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:15 pm

My artistic eye likens this to an abstract rendering of The Ladder Theory. :jester: :skull:

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 5:41 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
My artistic eye likens this to an abstract rendering of The Ladder Theory. :jester: :skull:

I don't know what that is. do you have a link?

AQ 40
ASD-1

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 5:56 pm

I know they deserve it, but why are you feeding them a snot burger? Was that a conscious or subconscious choice?