Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:21 am

I was watching TV the other day, and I came across a commercial on Trump's New Book The Trump Tax Cut.

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/trump-tax-cut-book/2019/01/11/id/897884/

...Just what EXACTLY is Trump planning on making us do? -_-

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:31 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
... Just what EXACTLY is Trump planning on making us do?
Forget all the crap he's pulled, believe that he is the greatest president who ever lived, re-elect him in 2020, and abolish the two-term limit. He also wants us to abolish the rights of women and non-whites, thus restoring society to the days before the Pill and the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. Oh, and build that stupid wall as an everlasting monument to his ego.

All of which will "Make America Great Again".

:roll:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:58 am

^More like "Make America into Mordor". :roll: :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:02 am

If the people of Mordor look like the cast of a 1950s sitcom, then you're probably correct.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:06 am

^What are 1950's Sitcoms usually like? :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:11 am

Pretty similar to 60s sitcoms, actually. Except they're mostly in black and white (like the early 60s sitcoms).

Watch "Make Room For Daddy," "Father Knows Best," "Leave it to Beaver," for pretty typical, "middle-American" type sitcoms.

There were some quirky ones too: like "Topper" and "Burns and Allen."

The scripts were usually of decent quality.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:17 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
^What are 1950's Sitcoms usually like? :|
Monochromatic (e.g., "One-Color"). This applied to both the transmission format and the racial make-up of its lead cast-members.

The supportive roles (i.e., maids, farm-workers, butlers, drivers, et cetera) were usually portrayed by Asians, blacks, and Hispanics who might have one or two lines in each episode, but were rarely (if ever) the central figures in the story.

"Amos & Andy" was a notable exception, having a cast that was almost entirely black. But the show was directed at white audiences and featured stereotypes of blacks that still persist today.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 10:23 am

Yep. There weren't any "main characters" who were of a race other than "white." This was true until the mid 1960s. Bill Cosby was a "co-main character" on a show called "I Spy." The first main black woman character was on a show called "Julia," which started in 1968. She was a nurse and a single mother.

Asians tended to be presented as exotic people with some sort of esoteric knowledge beyond the grasp of the "middle-American" white characters.

Black people were presented as subservient to white people---but, sometimes, with enhanced "street knowledge" or "common sense." Sometimes, they would get the more naïve white characters out of some sort of trouble.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 3:34 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
...Just what EXACTLY is Trump planning on making us do? -_-

Okay, what I mean is why is Trump making us want to reduce paying our taxes, and what were those taxes going to in the first place? (e.g. Child Survice/Care, Government Funds, etc.)

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 3:42 pm

This is an advertisement for a book.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 3:50 pm

It's an advertisement for ghostwriting. Honest books are written by their authors.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: