JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 2:48 am

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The police are more than capable.

Any why do you trust the police?

They're a billion times more trustworthy and open than the intelligence agencies.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 2:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I knew you'd come out with that. The US has been doing this for decades across the globe, long before the fantasies about Putin were pushed.

Like Putin's employer, the KGB, wasn't doing the exact same thing.

It's always "but they do the same thing".

Are you saying the KGB were a bunch of angels compared to American intelligence agencies?

No I'm saying it seems like justification is often measured by them doing the same thing in most cases. Like, it's okay because we're just doing what they do which we object to them doing.

What American intelligence has done over the years has hardly been justifiable, but the KGB, which sincerely meant us harm, was absolutely no better. But just because the CIA and the rest of the alphabet soup of intelligence agencies have done bad things hardly means it's a matter of what's good for the goose being good for the gander when it comes to my country.

Tripe. Nothing comes close to what the US has done.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 2:58 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I knew you'd come out with that. The US has been doing this for decades across the globe, long before the fantasies about Putin were pushed.

Stop watching CNN. The U.S. would be doing it regardless of anything. It needs to stop.

Sure. And Russia needs to stop.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 2:59 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It's always "but they do the same thing".

Are you saying the KGB were a bunch of angels compared to American intelligence agencies?

No I'm saying it seems like justification is often measured by them doing the same thing in most cases. Like, it's okay because we're just doing what they do which we object to them doing.

What American intelligence has done over the years has hardly been justifiable, but the KGB, which sincerely meant us harm, was absolutely no better. But just because the CIA and the rest of the alphabet soup of intelligence agencies have done bad things hardly means it's a matter of what's good for the goose being good for the gander when it comes to my country.

Tripe. Nothing comes close to what the US has done.

Uh huh.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 11:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Stop watching CNN. The U.S. would be doing it regardless of anything. It needs to stop.

I know you are but what am I :lol:

Name one thing that Russia has done that can't be traced to countering US meddling?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 12:20 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The police are more than capable.

Any why do you trust the police?

They're a billion times more trustworthy and open than the intelligence agencies.

Why? They are less educated and less informed, with fewer resources.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 12:38 pm

I'm they'd be able to deal with $4700 spent on Google ads that weren't about the election. The intelligence agencies support terrorism abroad and in the US. They are horrific for the world.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:20 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I know you are but what am I :lol:

Name one thing that Russia has done that can't be traced to countering US meddling?

Thousands of people in the Soviet Union and their satellites who had been tortured, put into gulags, even murdered for simply expressing different opinions like Solzhenitsyn, or having simply been suspected of it. There, that's not just one example, but thousands.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 4:34 pm

Uh no it's not an answer cause I said Russia, not the Soviet Union. Not that the US intervenes cause it cares about people suffering. And don't say 'Russia is the same cause of derp de KGB"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Uh no it's not an answer cause I said Russia, not the Soviet Union. Not that the US intervenes cause it cares about people suffering. And don't say 'Russia is the same cause of derp de KGB"

The Soviet Union was just another incarnation of the Russian Empire, which Putin wants to resurrect apparently under the new name of the Russian Federation. Putin could have the title of President, General Secretary, or Czar; all would be appropriate in terms of historical continuity.
"Derp de KGB" back atcha!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 9:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The Soviet Union was just another incarnation of the Russian Empire, which Putin wants to resurrect apparently under the new name of the Russian Federation.

What evidence is there of that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 9:52 pm

Putin's been in power for 20 straight years......that's considerable evidence.

And his adventures in Ukraine.....

He's reluctant to let go of power.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I'd say the fact that he's been in power over 20 years and so far has done next to nothing towards building an empire, shows that's he's not going to.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'd say the fact that he's been in power over 20 years and so far has done next to nothing towards building an empire, shows that's he's not going to.

Your awareness of current events isn't exactly ...accurate.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:13 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Your awareness of current events isn't exactly ...accurate.

Elaborate.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:33 pm

Annexing Crimea, operations to undermine and take over Ukraine, working to undermine NATO and cultivate right wing parties in Eastern Europe, supporting Brexit, putting up new statues of Stalin, working to elect Trump, violating nuclear weapons treaties, stifling dissent and closing all free press in Russia... I mean, he's already built a new empire, and he is seeking to expand it.