Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Epicrose86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2019, 11:02 am

So recently I’ve started taking a medication to treat my ADHD symptoms and I’ve noticed a sharp increase to my sex drive. Before I started taking them I was practically Asexual but now my libido is so high I found myself on a dating site sending a topless photo to some random dude. After I realized how out of character that was for me. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience when starting Adderall. Otherwise the benefits I’ve noticed really outweigh the side effect as I have so much confidence now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2019, 11:16 am

I take Wellbutrin/Bupropion partly for ADD & I have noticed that it increased my sex drive. That's my biggest complaint about it cuz I take meds partly to lower my drive. I prefer having a lower sex drive but I won't get into that here. Lets just say I had to readjust other meds. I heard that the stimulant meds can increase sex drive too. I thought these meds would only increase it for men but I guess there's a chance they could increase women's sex drive as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Epicrose86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

nick007, Actually I’m a transgender woman so biologically I was born male so that might be why it’s affecting me then. Thanks for you reply btw!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2019, 12:20 pm

Epicrose86 wrote:
nick007, Actually I’m a transgender woman so biologically I was born male so that might be why it’s affecting me then. Thanks for you reply btw!
Oh OK. You could try increasing your transgender meds if your on any, & your concerned by the increase in sex drive. Those meds can reduce sex drive in guys. The 1s I take to lower my drive are sometimes used in the transgender community. It's just a suggestion but it's also possible that you'll get used to having a higher drive if you give it some more time & things may stabilize more. & Your Welcome :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Epicrose86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2019, 12:44 pm

nick007 wrote:
Epicrose86 wrote:
Oh OK. You could try increasing your transgender meds if your on any, & your concerned by the increase in sex drive. Those meds can reduce sex drive in guys. The 1s I take to lower my drive are sometimes used in the transgender community. It's just a suggestion but it's also possible that you'll get used to having a higher drive if you give it some more time & things may stabilize more. & Your Welcome :D

Alright so I guess it’s just a matter of having a talk with my doctor! I really appreciate the response and have a good day :wink:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 7:21 pm

Adderall XR practically corrected my social deficits and made me outgoing, confident, talkative, and sent my grades from 60's to low 90's overnight but the side effects were unbearable. I don't recall if it affected my libido or not. My mood would go up and down like a rollercoaster and it destroyed my appetite and altered the taste of food so that everything tasted like cardboard. I couldn't stand to be on the meds so I stopped them and my ADD is just untreated. I tried Methylphenidate IR, SR, ER, Concerta, Dexedrine and Vyvanse as well, they had the same side effects but didn't work like Adderall did.