Any aspies here over 25 been mistaken for a teenager?

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2019, 3:25 pm

I was in the opposite boat when I was young. From the age of 17 I was able to buy alcohol. I had a receding hair line and a couple of grays.

Galadnarthiel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Feb 2019, 10:11 pm

Ohhh yes this happens to me at least once a week. People are always thinking I'm 15, surprised that I drive, and referring to me as my (younger) brother's younger sister.

The line that gets me the most is when people younger than me say "what grade are you in, honey?" :lol:

For I do not want you to be unaware of the affliction I experienced. For I was so utterly burdened beyond my strength that I despaired of life itself. Indeed, I felt that I had received the sentence of death.

But that was to make me rely not on myself but on God who raises the dead. He delivered me from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver me. On him I have set my hope that he will deliver me again.

2 Corinthians 1:7-10, Holy Bible

Frost Flower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2019, 9:15 pm

As a teenager, people often thought I was older, though I'm 28 now and I'm often told that I look younger.

I was never asked my ID to buy anything in my native country, though it did happen every time when I was living in the UK ( I was 26-27 at the time).

A month ago, I had an appointment at the anaesthetist. When I went into his office, he told me that my parents should be with me to sign some papers :lol:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 9:56 pm

I was almost 30 and somebody thought I was a very mature 14 year old. It creeped :| me out.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 12:53 am

Yup. 27 here and everyone is shocked when I tell them my age. I student taught at an elementary school that served grades K-6 last year, and I'm fully convinced that I could have passed as a 6th grader and would have blended in with them had I not been in my "professional" attire and not been wearing makeup (I actually normally don't wear makeup because I just can't be bothered to take all the time to put it on, but I specifically did wear it when teaching just so that I'd look older and not look like one of the kids!). I have such a baby face, and being only 5'1" certainly doesn't help either. The last time I was charged a kids' price somewhere was fairly recent, when I was around 22. I was at a pizza buffet and I guess the cashier thought I was 12, because she charged me for the kids' price. :lol: But I was with my parents, and wearing casual clothes and no makeup.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 12:38 am

Today some lil dipshit had the nerve to call me "Asian boy!"

Rude, the ass hole needs to shut the flying f**k up

Like that was my name

:roll:

Ignored him

35 years old