Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AspiePony
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2019, 4:13 pm

As the title says, I am looking for some advice about starting a blog about autism. It was suggested that I consider this by my counselor, likely because I keep showing up to my appointment with her bearing article-length papers I wrote explaining and talking about a bunch of things, mostly about autism/Asperger's.
More specifically, any pit falls I should watch out for. What are the rules, basically. I've already done some research, read others' blogs about it. Thanks in advance!
P.S.: If I put this in the wrong section, just go on and move it. I put it in the place that looked the most relevant to what I want to discuss here.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 7:05 am

It's easier to keep it personal, imo. If you start stating facts, people are going to want you to back it up with some evidence. When I had a blog years ago, I used to use Wikipedia. More rarely, I would use articles I could access through Google Scholar.

I think you already have a lot of material, going by what you said you brought to your counselor. That stuff would make a really good start. You could also write about how being autistic affected you as you grew up with different relationships and things. Eye contact is another one, sensory experiences are another.

Go through WP and you'll probably find more subjects to write about.

All the best.

Plus don't forget to link to your blog here once you have it underway. 8)

liminal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2019, 6:18 pm

Look through the master list of ASD blogs:

https://anautismobserver.wordpress.com/

to get an idea of how other people have done it.