Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 10:18 pm

They say that psychopaths can pass lie detector tests because their Central Nervous Systems are different than other people. Well, wouldn't that make them not human? Or a different type of human? They have to be considered human because they can reproduce and male psychopaths seem to drop their seed everywhere! But yet, they have a different CNS. Anybody care to add? The CNS is the brain and spinal cord - isn't that basically the whole shabang?? Everything else about them is human except the brain and spinal cord - this scares the heck out of me! Are psychopaths the "jin" referred to in the Koran? The demons in the Bible? Now, this is not the sociopath or narcissist but the PSYCHOPATH.
The others seem to be the seed of the psycho and the seed of the regular human in hybrid form - they're unhappy and make everyone else unhappy too. But the psycho feels nothing.

Piri Alchami
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Feb 2019, 11:41 pm

Though I'm not an expert on the subject, I'm not sure that psychopaths have a totally different CNS. If I recall correctly, only some parts of the brain are "misfiring" and not allowing feeling or affect to arise (or something along those lines).

I have also read that one can feel the presence of someone who lacks empathy. This author of a book on dangerous personalities mentions that it's a feeling of coldness, something about them can make one shudder. The psychopath looks at you as prey, something which considered weak and vulnerable. I suppose it's a look in their eyes, or maybe their entire bearing that betrays them. Yet, they can be glib and sly.

That's about all I recall on the topic.

Finally, I don't think that type of individual is a "jin" or "demon." Embodied evil, maybe, but still very much human and nothing supernatural.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 1:12 pm

Piri Alchami wrote:
Though I'm not an expert on the subject, I'm not sure that psychopaths have a totally different CNS. If I recall correctly, only some parts of the brain are "misfiring" and not allowing feeling or affect to arise (or something along those lines).

I have also read that one can feel the presence of someone who lacks empathy. This author of a book on dangerous personalities mentions that it's a feeling of coldness, something about them can make one shudder. The psychopath looks at you as prey, something which considered weak and vulnerable. I suppose it's a look in their eyes, or maybe their entire bearing that betrays them. Yet, they can be glib and sly.

That's about all I recall on the topic.

Finally, I don't think that type of individual is a "jin" or "demon." Embodied evil, maybe, but still very much human and nothing supernatural.

Thanks :) Do you know the author and name of that book you mentioned. I' d like to read it.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 1:43 pm

I think psychopaths, sociopaths, and narcissists are all human beings born without souls. They are the closest thing you get to pure evil in this world because it is in their nature to make everyone around them miserable. They feel no love but some can fake it well to decieve vulnerable people. And sadly I think it's people just like them who rule our world. They are responsible for all the wars that destroy lives and entire countries, they are responsible for sucking countries dry of their natural resources and letting the locals starve to death, they are responsible for mistreating and abusing prisoners. These people are monsters! They are the ones who are going to destroy the world one day.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 3:48 pm

Some of them are sadists and take great pride and feel good making other people suffer for their own benefit.

To me, they are not humans, they are parasites that need to be exterminated.

"But they make great leaders". If you like it when people quit enmasse and unions go out on a crusade - then yes. Narcissism, putting others down, delusions of grandeour and callousness is NOT leadership.

The part of the brain you are looking for is the hippocampus and the amygdala.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Feb 2019, 4:04 pm

As far as I know, psychopathy is just one of the traits of "dark triad", others being narcissism and machiavellism. I came across a research where some psychologist made it "dark tetrad", adding sadism as a separate trait. The traits in the research were concluded to be independent - but if one scores high on all of them, we get a supervillain. Rare but exists. I have a friend who is still struggling with trauma after a close relationship with such a person.
I understood that psychopathy is some dysfunction in developing morals, internalizing moral values of the society.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 4:20 pm

They feel reward more than they do punishment, this is said to explain why they lack a conscience. Because a conscience scolds us internally for wrong things we may do. It provides punishment, symbolically speaking. Psychopaths will go for sex, money, status, and so on and will break all kinds of rules to get them. That's because they are motivated by the reward (sex, money, status, etc) but not held back by the punishment (knowing they could get caught and put in jail, for instance).

These differences can be demonstrated by clever experiments, for instance playing a computer game that gives a reward or a punishment such as gaining or losing points. The "normal" subjects can withstand temptation to avoid a punishment, while the psychopath goes for the reward every time.

So yes, they do have different brains. They are still human though.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 4:45 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
They feel reward more than they do punishment, this is said to explain why they lack a conscience. Because a conscience scolds us internally for wrong things we may do. It provides punishment, symbolically speaking. Psychopaths will go for sex, money, status, and so on and will break all kinds of rules to get them. That's because they are motivated by the reward (sex, money, status, etc) but not held back by the punishment (knowing they could get caught and put in jail, for instance).

These differences can be demonstrated by clever experiments, for instance playing a computer game that gives a reward or a punishment such as gaining or losing points. The "normal" subjects can withstand temptation to avoid a punishment, while the psychopath goes for the reward every time.

So yes, they do have different brains. They are still human though.

They may be human but they are dangerous to other humans and should be locked away forever in my opinion

And I do not believe these kinds of people make good leaders, but unfortunetly all of our leaders are megalomaniacs including the ones who seem to do good things for their own countries.

We live in a world ruled by monsterous people. The people in this world who are truly lucky never have to come across these monsters in authority who can abuse their power and get away with anything.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 5:17 pm

I'm also sick and tired of movies and TV shows that put criminal psychos in the role of heroes like they are something to be admired. :roll:

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:45 pm

RoseThorn13 wrote:
They may be human but they are dangerous to other humans and should be locked away forever in my opinion

Are you serious? Someone with this kind of brain should be locked away forever - even if they haven't done anything wrong? Then what is there to protect autistic people from being locked away, just on the basis of a different brain ... regardless of behavior?

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 6:55 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
RoseThorn13 wrote:

Are you serious? Someone with this kind of brain should be locked away forever - even if they haven't done anything wrong? Then what is there to protect autistic people from being locked away, just on the basis of a different brain ... regardless of behavior?

Aspies do not victimize people the way psychopaths do! Do NOT even make that comparison! We are VICTIMS of society, Psychopaths CREATE victims!

Maybe if you were a victim of such people yourself you would understand.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 7:02 pm

Give me an example of one single psycho who is not a victimizer? They ALL hurt people around them, legally or illegally.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 7:20 pm

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh on you, but my family actually has been vicimized by two men who had no conscience or remourse whatsoever for what they did to us.

That's why I will never have any sympathy for people like that. It's just not fair that there are people out there who are capable of destroying lives without feeling one shred of guilt over it. Life should not be that way!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:27 pm

RoseThorn13 wrote:
Give me an example of one single psycho who is not a victimizer? They ALL hurt people around them, legally or illegally.

Andy McNab apparently

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 7:30 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
RoseThorn13 wrote:

Andy McNab apparently

He was a soldier. I'm sure he killed lots of people, ruined families, and felt no remourse about it whatsover.

RoseThorn13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 7:36 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
RoseThorn13 wrote:

Andy McNab apparently

If it weren't for people like him we might not have wars in the first place. Who really benefits from war other than the bureaucrats?