Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 4:24 pm

I've got til Monday for this so it's pretty timely and tbh I'm probably going to start something tonight.

Should I write what I want to or what I should?

I have to write about the sea.

I could either write something po-faced about my granddad and the sea near his house or I could write either a confession from what went on last year in a seaside town or a memory of a decision made while on a boat.

The second two are my obsession at the moment and they're what will definitely get me off of forums and social media. They're fun to write and the first one won't depress me, the second one won't depress me except in ways I'm used to.

I feel like I have a moral duty to write about granddad though because he's almost died. But it's really hard going. Because I love him and he almost died and it's about how the beach near where I grew up is falling into the sea.

Which one should I write? The one I feel the duty to write or the one which I feel compelled towards and can't shut up about?

I've been tossing this over in my mind all day especially since mum is a big fan of me writing about my childhood and my family. Presenting a certain image to the world etc.

If anyone can give me a quick reply to this, I'd be really grateful, I know it's not how the forums usually go but please make an exception and give me your first impression since this needs to be in by Monday so that means starting Saturday night at the latest.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2019, 7:32 pm

Listen to yourself.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 2:19 pm

Ironically in the end I did the sad one cos it was which one was most compelling.