Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on political influence of money

Page 20 of 21 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,017
Location: USA

19 Feb 2019, 8:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm just pointing out which seems more likely contextually.

So on one hand it's racist bigotry if Trump says Latin countries are full of rape, drugs and murder; but on the other hand you're saying Latin countries are full of rape, drugs and murder.


No, it's racist to accuse frightened, desperate refugees fleeing to America of such things when they're trying to escape the people perpetrating those very things.


Since it's agreed that Central America is full of rape drugs and murder, the concern is the rape drugs and murder entering the US by bypassing border crossings.

Those who argue this intentionally or unintentionally don't seem to undersand the difference between gaining admission and sneaking in.

There's no way to know for sure how many are sneaking in or knowing what kind of people they are, because they sneak in undetected.

The only thing to go by is how many are actually caught sneaking in.

Which means there could be ten times more entering unnoticed.


Unless they are asylum seekers, in which there is nothing illegal. And even so, considering that immigrants - legal or illegal - commit fewer crimes than the native born, it's not such a stretch to extend to them some mercy in many cases.


The problem isn't those coming in though border crossings . How many times does something that blatantly obvious have to be pointed out?

How does one know how many crimes are committed by those who sneak in undetected?

How many unsolved crimes are there? How many have been committed without anyone being caught? How many crimes go unreported?


You'll have to do some research and find out where your government's federal crime statistics come from. Don't fret, google will help you. :)


The point is there are statistics that are not being taken into consideration.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,017
Location: USA

19 Feb 2019, 8:10 am

AspE wrote:
The important thing here is the political influence of money. While we are bickering about poor Hispanics who are more law abiding than Americans, Republicans are stealing trillions from the treasury.


By letting tax payers keep more of their own money?



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

19 Feb 2019, 8:40 am

That's a form of deception. The 1% got trillions. You and I didn't get jack.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,017
Location: USA

19 Feb 2019, 8:45 am

Then way are those of the 80% reporting favorable outcomes?

The ones I see complaining about not getting results are those who contribute the least.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

19 Feb 2019, 10:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Then way are those of the 80% reporting favorable outcomes?

The ones I see complaining about not getting results are those who contribute the least.

You sold out for pennies. People are getting lower tax refunds and they aren't happy about it.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,017
Location: USA

19 Feb 2019, 10:46 am

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Then way are those of the 80% reporting favorable outcomes?

The ones I see complaining about not getting results are those who contribute the least.

You sold out for pennies. People are getting lower tax refunds and they aren't happy about it.


How did I sell out for pennies?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,736
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Feb 2019, 11:03 am

Many people are getting reduced tax refunds under the Trump revisions.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,648
Location: Palestine

19 Feb 2019, 12:22 pm

The US gives Israel $4.5 billion a year, which they have used to keep black people out of the country with a "barrier". They also built a wall in the West Bank which stole land from Palestinians. There's already a wall in 3 states in the US. When you have corrupt politician frauds just opposing something cause it's Trump then you have gone too far.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,017
Location: USA

19 Feb 2019, 1:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many people are getting reduced tax refunds under the Trump revisions.


I'm not necessarily in favor of it. Certainly not enough to defend it. But the left acts so apoplectic over virtually everything, I'm naturally suspicious of it being an actual problem.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,383
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Feb 2019, 3:57 pm

AspE wrote:
The important thing here is the political influence of money. While we are bickering about poor Hispanics who are more law abiding than Americans, Republicans are stealing trillions from the treasury.


I say: "AMEN! AND AMEN," bro' AspE!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,383
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Feb 2019, 4:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm just pointing out which seems more likely contextually.

So on one hand it's racist bigotry if Trump says Latin countries are full of rape, drugs and murder; but on the other hand you're saying Latin countries are full of rape, drugs and murder.


No, it's racist to accuse frightened, desperate refugees fleeing to America of such things when they're trying to escape the people perpetrating those very things.


Since it's agreed that Central America is full of rape drugs and murder, the concern is the rape drugs and murder entering the US by bypassing border crossings.

Those who argue this intentionally or unintentionally don't seem to undersand the difference between gaining admission and sneaking in.

There's no way to know for sure how many are sneaking in or knowing what kind of people they are, because they sneak in undetected.

The only thing to go by is how many are actually caught sneaking in.

Which means there could be ten times more entering unnoticed.


If you're going to get hyperbolic, why stop there? :? ThErE cOuLd Be BiLlIoNs TiMeS mOrE eNtErInG uNnOtIcEd!1!1 :roll:

Image


I laughed so hard I ended up having a coughing fit. :lol: :lol: :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,648
Location: Palestine

20 Feb 2019, 12:24 pm

OAC has been silent as her country is openly trying to remove a socialist leader of another country. She's a fraud.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,383
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Feb 2019, 9:56 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
OAC has been silent as her country is openly trying to remove a socialist leader of another country. She's a fraud.


A leader who has gotten rich while his people starve, and who has done everything to tarnish the good name of socialism.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,648
Location: Palestine

21 Feb 2019, 11:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
OAC has been silent as her country is openly trying to remove a socialist leader of another country. She's a fraud.


A leader who has gotten rich while his people starve, and who has done everything to tarnish the good name of socialism.


Thanks for proving my point. You are listening to the same war mongering media and politicians. The US doesn't intervene because people suffer. Socialism doesn't have a good name to tarnish. Socialism causes misery and starvation.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,893
Location: Sweden

21 Feb 2019, 12:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
A leader who has gotten rich while his people starve, and who has done everything to tarnish the good name of socialism.


Right. That stellar track record and pristine reputation that socialism definitely had before Venezuela.


_________________
I'm bored out of my skull, let's play a different game. Let's pay a visit down below and cast the world in flame.