There is a murderer running loose in my town

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:23 pm

I just heard on the local news that somebody has got stabbed in the back and was found laying dead this morning. The police haven't found out who did it yet and so that means there's a maniac running around with a knife, capable of stabbing again. Someone told me it was drug-related. I don't know if that means the murderer was high on drugs at the time, or if it means it was a fight over drugs or something, I don't know. If the stabbed man was involved in drugs too, or was a mate of his or something, then I won't have to worry because I don't have any druggies as friends. But if it's just a random stabbing, that's what worries me because I worry that I might be targeted. If the murderer is high on drugs, he might not have the sense to only emerge at night; he might just stab an innocent person in broad daylight. Now I'm going to be afraid of walking to work.

It's no good telling me that 'these things happen everywhere' or 'there could be potential murderers passing you in the street without you knowing' or 'you could be hit by a car', because when you KNOW that there's a maniac running around with a knife that the police haven't caught, it's more off-putting. I'm the 'ignorance is bliss' type of thinker, meaning I only worry about things if I know about them.

I'm just scared now. :cry:

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:43 pm

joe, im sorry u feel like that. but, well, not to diminish ur fear - u must be living in a very safe place, where crime is rare. i guess im just... crusted... guess its better to not tell u why. ur fear is real, and it wont go away easy, i guess. maybe its possible to go with somebody else when u dont feel safe?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 3:40 pm

The police are saying it was possibly an isolated and targeted attack. What does that mean exactly?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 3:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
The police are saying it was possibly an isolated and targeted attack. What does that mean exactly?

If that's the case, it means the murderer isn't going to go around killing random people. It means the murderer most likely knew the victim and wanted him or her dead. The actual crime of murder was premeditated (planned out) in advance. The murderer isn't intending to go around just killing random people. He targeted ONE individual. Tragic as it is, the murderer's murderous intent was "isolated" to that one victim, and he "targeted" him for murder, not the general public.

So, an "isolated and targeted attack" would be better for the community at large than a serial killer/spree killer/ Jack the Ripper who'll go around killing random strangers.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 4:33 pm

I asked tarot cards and you will be okay. I predicted the future. You will not be harmed.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 4:37 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

If that's the case, it means the murderer isn't going to go around killing random people. It means the murderer most likely knew the victim and wanted him or her dead. The actual crime of murder was premeditated (planned out) in advance. The murderer isn't intending to go around just killing random people. He targeted ONE individual. Tragic as it is, the murderer's murderous intent was "isolated" to that one victim, and he "targeted" him for murder, not the general public.

So, an "isolated and targeted attack" would be better for the community at large than a serial killer/spree killer/ Jack the Ripper who'll go around killing random strangers.

Well it's good that it's not a threat to the public, although I have my deepest sympathies for the victim and his family :cry: .

There was once a serial killer in this town before, one who actually went around killing random people. He was stalking his third victim from a bush, when someone anonymously reported him and he got caught. He's locked up now, but I'm still afraid they might decide to bail him one day. I think murderers like that should be locked up for life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 12:40 am

Hugs

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:07 am

I thought UK is a safe, low crime rate country, because British are more calm and reserved people, unlike higher and violent crimes of USA.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:21 am

MannyBoo wrote:
I thought UK is a safe, low crime rate country, because British are more calm and reserved people, unlike higher and violent crimes of USA.
You thought wrongly. The UK has a greater crime index than most European or Arab/Middle-Eastern countries, including Palestine.

Source: This Webpage

(The U.K. is towards the middle.)