New York Middle School Allowed Nooses As A School Display

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,118

22 Mar 2019, 10:03 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Teachers pranking publically in a middle school about KKK lynchings in a minority district school or suicide should be taken as offensive.

Yes that's probably more of a concern than a few ignorant students.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,118

22 Mar 2019, 10:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

Image


What exactly is your point oh esteemed moderator?



SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,539
Location: UK

23 Mar 2019, 12:04 am

context. Anything can be offensive with the right context.

And you can cut that esteemed moderator BS out :lol:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,118

23 Mar 2019, 12:22 am

A walk in oven could trigger anxiety about accidentally walking in when the door self-locks behind you and the heating function starts automatically....or is it just me :skull:



Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,675
Location: Beautiful(?) York Township PA

23 Mar 2019, 12:38 am

SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I cant wait to hang out by myself

Image

Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get


Yes that attitude works fine with the white students but probably not with the 45% of students in the school who were African American.

To be fair I tend to agree the pranksters probably didn't intend this reaction but there's plenty of examples of educational institutions where it's less ambiguous
https://www.michigandaily.com/section/c ... orm-shower


Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

Image


As for the noose image, I would find that triggering, not only because it’s racist, in that context, but it would suggest that someone, like myself, who’s not very stable in the best of times, should hang themselves and rid the general population of those of us that are not mentally stable.

As for the walk-in oven, the context suggests an industrial application. If this same oven were to appear at Dachau or Auschwitz, that’s a whole different story.


_________________
I'm back, for the time being. Any one who even attempts to rip me a new rear end because of my opinions will find themselves reported to administration. Anyone on my Foes list that replies to my posts will automatically be reported for harassment. You have been warned.


SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,539
Location: UK

23 Mar 2019, 2:03 am

Meistersinger wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I cant wait to hang out by myself



Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get


Yes that attitude works fine with the white students but probably not with the 45% of students in the school who were African American.

To be fair I tend to agree the pranksters probably didn't intend this reaction but there's plenty of examples of educational institutions where it's less ambiguous
https://www.michigandaily.com/section/c ... orm-shower


Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

Image


As for the noose image, I would find that triggering, not only because it’s racist, in that context, but it would suggest that someone, like myself, who’s not very stable in the best of times, should hang themselves and rid the general population of those of us that are not mentally stable.

As for the walk-in oven, the context suggests an industrial application. If this same oven were to appear at Dachau or Auschwitz, that’s a whole different story.


If seeing a picture of a noose triggers you into believing it's a message to hang yourself you should get help for that if you can dude.


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,548
Location: Long Island, New York

23 Mar 2019, 2:25 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I cant wait to hang out by myself



Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get


Yes that attitude works fine with the white students but probably not with the 45% of students in the school who were African American.

To be fair I tend to agree the pranksters probably didn't intend this reaction but there's plenty of examples of educational institutions where it's less ambiguous
https://www.michigandaily.com/section/c ... orm-shower


Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

Image


As for the noose image, I would find that triggering, not only because it’s racist, in that context, but it would suggest that someone, like myself, who’s not very stable in the best of times, should hang themselves and rid the general population of those of us that are not mentally stable.

As for the walk-in oven, the context suggests an industrial application. If this same oven were to appear at Dachau or Auschwitz, that’s a whole different story.


If seeing a picture of a noose triggers you into believing it's a message to hang yourself you should get help for that if you can dude.


The context might have been suicide not KKK lynching
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Back%20to%20school%20necklace
Quote:
A back to school necklace is another name for a noose. This is due to the utter despair you feel when school starts back up again


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum" - The Specials


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,118

23 Mar 2019, 3:19 am

I retract...overreacted to the kiddies

Although suicide memes don't engender much positive vibes but I guess that's teenagers for you...



SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,539
Location: UK

23 Mar 2019, 3:48 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I cant wait to hang out by myself

Image

Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get


Apparently I can get a lot worse as I allegedly said it's fine that this site is for child rape and murder now :roll:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,984
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

23 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

Quote:
New York Middle School Allowed Nooses As A School Display


So what??
I've been tying nooses since I was eight.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley