New York Middle School Allowed Nooses As A School Display

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 10:03 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Teachers pranking publically in a middle school about KKK lynchings in a minority district school or suicide should be taken as offensive.

Yes that's probably more of a concern than a few ignorant students.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 10:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

What exactly is your point oh esteemed moderator?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 12:04 am

context. Anything can be offensive with the right context.

And you can cut that esteemed moderator BS out :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 12:22 am

A walk in oven could trigger anxiety about accidentally walking in when the door self-locks behind you and the heating function starts automatically....or is it just me :skull:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 12:38 am

SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I cant wait to hang out by myself

Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get

Yes that attitude works fine with the white students but probably not with the 45% of students in the school who were African American.

To be fair I tend to agree the pranksters probably didn't intend this reaction but there's plenty of examples of educational institutions where it's less ambiguous
https://www.michigandaily.com/section/c ... orm-shower

Oh look , here is picture of a walk in gas oven , that's not going to offend anyone is it ? :roll:

As for the noose image, I would find that triggering, not only because it’s racist, in that context, but it would suggest that someone, like myself, who’s not very stable in the best of times, should hang themselves and rid the general population of those of us that are not mentally stable.

As for the walk-in oven, the context suggests an industrial application. If this same oven were to appear at Dachau or Auschwitz, that’s a whole different story.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:03 am

Meistersinger wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Oh look everyone I posted a picture of a noose ( and it's not the first time either )

I'm clearly a racist as well as an Islamophobe , I wonder how much worse I can get

Yes that attitude works fine with the white students but probably not with the 45% of students in the school who were African American.

To be fair I tend to agree the pranksters probably didn't intend this reaction but there's plenty of examples of educational institutions where it's less ambiguous

As for the noose image, I would find that triggering, not only because it’s racist, in that context, but it would suggest that someone, like myself, who’s not very stable in the best of times, should hang themselves and rid the general population of those of us that are not mentally stable.

As for the walk-in oven, the context suggests an industrial application. If this same oven were to appear at Dachau or Auschwitz, that’s a whole different story.

If seeing a picture of a noose triggers you into believing it's a message to hang yourself you should get help for that if you can dude.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:25 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

If seeing a picture of a noose triggers you into believing it's a message to hang yourself you should get help for that if you can dude.

The context might have been suicide not KKK lynching
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Back%20to%20school%20necklace
Quote:
A back to school necklace is another name for a noose. This is due to the utter despair you feel when school starts back up again

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 3:19 am

I retract...overreacted to the kiddies

Although suicide memes don't engender much positive vibes but I guess that's teenagers for you...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 3:48 am

SaveFerris wrote:

Apparently I can get a lot worse as I allegedly said it's fine that this site is for child rape and murder now :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

Quote:
New York Middle School Allowed Nooses As A School Display

So what??
I've been tying nooses since I was eight.