Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:56 pm

Alterity wrote:
The world around me, people (such as their ignorance), and the many things that come along with having Aspergers. Many things are and have been difficult being an Aspie but nothing brought me as much suffering as people/society.

“Autists are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg.” ― Paul Collins

Yes that to.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:57 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
As others have said, being part of society. You can't leave, and you can't join. I want to get out and be in the middle of nowhere and just live in a hut but I'm not allowed to do that without working in some massive company and constantly being a servant of someone else.

ditto

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:14 pm

Ignorance problems with independence and ambiguity

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm

Asserting myself.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:36 pm

expressing myself and my feelings verbally

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:49 pm

I would say expressing myself and my feelings verbally and trying to find out other people's intentions.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
expressing myself and my feelings verbally

The same goes for me,

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm

Being unrealistic

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 11:06 pm

Communication and independence.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 9:53 am

Fitting in socially is an impossibility to me. I have a very hard time relating to NT small talk. I also have sensory issues with bright lights and certain loud noises (like those found at crowded places).

Yesterday my apartment building had a social event that I was encouraged to attend. It was held at a local bar. Big mistake for me to show up to it. It was very crowded in the main area due to the small size of the place. The sound of everyone talking at the same time was bad. I went to the bar and ordered a regular coke. Unfortunately, they only had Coke Zero to drink, but it was free during the event. I dislike the taste of diet sodas.

My verbal part of my brain basically shut down and I went mute at this point. My shyness prevented me from going up and introducing myself to other people. It really did not matter because no one wanted to talk to me as they were engrossed in their own conversations. I sat down away from the crowd in a side part and let my mind wander on my theoretical research interests for the remainder of an hour before deciding to leave to go to the grocery store. Everyone knew everyone else, so I was not needed there. It is painfully obvious that I should avoid going to these get togethers as I cannot function at them.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 10:56 am

I struggle the most with getting stuck on something mentally. When stuck, I cannot think about or do anything else. I do not think that I have ever gotten stuck on something bad for me. But even if it is just something unproductive (playing video games), or on occasion something really good for me (eating well), it is always to the exclusion of everything else.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2019, 3:06 pm

Where do I start?

If I have to narrow it down to one (and there are other struggles), I'll roll with being disorganized.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 6:01 pm

Socially awkward

Emotionally fragile

Grudges

Lazy

No friends

StrawberryMochi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2019, 11:56 pm

Sensory sensitivity , anxiety (general And social) , being in a trance type state (just standing around and staring and etc ) , socially awkward .

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 11:57 pm

StrawberryMochi wrote:
Sensory sensitivity , anxiety (general And social) , being in a trance type state (just standing around and staring and etc ) , socially awkward .

Hi I heard it is your first time on this forum,

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:13 am

Getting a job.

Bullying

Dissociation

Paying attention

Expression anger