Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm

What is the worst aspect of your autism?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:29 pm

Dealing with noise.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:30 pm

Anxiety and overthinking, to the point where I sometimes become depressed or avoidant.
Low tolerance to loud sounds (sensory issue?).

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 5:46 pm

Other people.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:14 pm

Without any nuisances from within and without -- weak verbal thinking.

With the nuisances from within and yet nothing from outside -- emotional regulation, executive functioning overall and therefore socializing.

Without nuisances from within yet nuisances from outside -- it could be nothing at best. Sensory interferences and verbal thinking.

With all the nuisance from within and without -- maybe everything. Constantly confused and barely aware of self at best, meltdowns and nonverbal at worst.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:21 pm

Not being able to speak properly or at all when flustered. It even happens with my flatmate and we're pretty close and comfortable with each other.

Getting my thoughts out, in speech, in writing, everything.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm

Sensory integration difficulties and OCD/depression/anxiety.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:26 pm

The world around me, people (such as their ignorance), and the many things that come along with having Aspergers. Many things are and have been difficult being an Aspie but nothing brought me as much suffering as people/society.

“Autists are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg.” ― Paul Collins

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 11:36 pm

Being bothered by things that don't seem to bother other people (and not being able to make other people understand why I'm bothered by it).

CC2501
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2019, 11:49 pm

Anxiety and social situations. I guess you could say I have a lot of "social anxiety". One other thing is I tend to obsess on like everything. I also struggle with conversation. A lot of the time most of my responses are one word responses like "yeah" and "oh". I also have ADHD which is a pain, as it makes focusing so hard.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:14 am

Executive functioning. Menial tasks to ordinary people are incredibly difficult for me and require a vast amount of mental energy to complete at like 1/10th the speed of an average person. This is the most disabling part of my autism. I am always the last person to know what is going on, where I am supposed to go and what I am supposed to be doing and when.

My ADD which is likely just a part of my autism makes concentrating on reading books all but impossible, I have to re read what I read over and over. I can't concentrate to do math and ... I just forgot what else I was going to say lol.

CAPD makes it so I can't understand or comprehend much of what people are saying if they only talk without also demonstrating or writing as well, especially if there are any other background noises, I cant filter them out.

As for sensory related issues I struggle with touch the most out of all the senses, not just from people but from clothing, lotion, sweat, etc.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:37 am

The fact that there are times that I can be very straightforward. There are times that I speak before I think.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:57 am

Quiet and withdrawn and don't make eye contact.

Trouble memorizing things, poor vocabulary, and have a hard time expressing myself.
That's the reason I never finished high school.

Motor stereotypies that I used to not suppress in public because I wasn't aware of how weird I looked.
Sensitivity to sunlight and touch, always uncomfortable.

I forgot to mention naive and trust people too much.

Last edited by Marybird on 14 Feb 2019, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2019, 2:03 am

1. Inability to find a sexual partner
2. Attention deficit
3. Indecisiveness

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2019, 2:05 am

Trying to be part of society

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:19 am

As others have said, being part of society. You can't leave, and you can't join. I want to get out and be in the middle of nowhere and just live in a hut but I'm not allowed to do that without working in some massive company and constantly being a servant of someone else.