Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

incel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2019, 1:53 pm

My parents and siblings said I should join a real autistic community rather than 4chan and Reddit, which I browse frequently. I'm 16 BTW.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:59 pm

FYI:

We don't allow discussion of incel ideology, red pill, or MGTOW.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

incel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2019, 3:01 pm

Ok then I won't talk about it. My username is incel however because that is how I identify and I can't change my username. Sorry.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 4:49 pm

That is a lot of acronyms.

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW /ˈmɪɡtaʊ/) is a mostly pseudonymous online community of men supported by websites and social media presences cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage. The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.

Incels (a portmanteau of involuntary celibates) are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom. Self-identified incels are largely white and are almost exclusively male heterosexuals.

The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:
Red Pill: Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality
Blue Pill: Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion

The terms, popularized in science fiction culture, are directly derived from the 1999 film The Matrix. However, it is speculated that the scriptwriters may have borrowed the idea from the 1865 Lewis Carroll novel Alice in Wonderland, in which the central character has to choose between potions to enable her adventure to continue. In the Matrix, the main character Neo is offered the choice between a red pill and a blue pill by rebel leader Morpheus. The red pill represented an uncertain future—it would free him from the enslaving control of the machine-generated dream world and allow him to escape into the real world, but living the "truth of reality" is harsher and more difficult. On the other hand, the blue pill represented a beautiful prison—it would lead him back to ignorance, living in confined comfort without want or fear within the simulated reality of the Matrix.
[So I guess a red pill is a realist and a blue pill is a dreamer. Why would you ban a realist? Maybe your definition is different than that in Wikipedia. XFilesGeek - Explain what you meant by Red Pill.]

Anyways "incel", welcome to Wrong Planet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:21 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:40 pm

jimmy m wrote:

The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:
Red Pill: Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality
Blue Pill: Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion

I'll save XFG the time of replying.

You are correct , but Incels have adopted the terminology (it is used among the more militantly misogynistic and conspiracy theorist manosphere groups) They believe a blue pill is a person who hasn't woken up to the fact that society discriminates against males not females

This kind of ideology has no place on this forum.

Quote:
It is particularly hilarious that organised misogynists and reactionaries have wholeheartedly embraced a term from a movie, written and directed by two transgender women, in which a black male and a female convince a white male to fight subjugation.

No more discussion needed.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 1:09 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet coffee and donuts served in the break room

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 1:41 pm

You might want to start a new account. Your user name may not be well received here. I'm pretty sure based on another recent member opening a new account, you're free to do so at your whim?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:24 pm

Even by incel standards, 16 is too young to be considered an incel, so I would urge you to reconsider branding yourself that way, certainly at the very least until you're 18. You're only just old enough to legally have sex, give yourself a chance man.

Also, welcome.

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2019, 2:19 pm

Welcome to WP.