Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2019, 6:20 am

I often forget to eat until my body gets weak and my mind gets fogged... I try to have meals at constant timing but it's hard to do, whatever catches my attention, I forget about meals.
I just had to remind myself: No, I'm feeling suicidal because I'm hungry, I have to eat first, I have to eat first, I have to eat first...

Does anyone relate?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 6:38 am

Yep. I've given myself set meal times, in part to maintain my periodic fasting, and in part because of this.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:08 am

One of the advantages of having a day job. Eat before you go to work. Eat whenever everyone else does at work, and eat again when you come home!

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:17 am

Happens from time to time, mostly during weekends. Agree about a day job being important since everyone else around you go and eat.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:23 am

Yes, I don't seem to get or understand a lot of "signals" like Hungry, Thirsty, etc. I just eat and drink at regular intervals. My PC and phone are both set to give me those reminders. I can hyperfocus on a project and forget to Eat, Sleep etc. too.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:25 am

I have had times (in the past) when I had to instruct myself to eat. I would coach myself "put a forkful in. chew. swallow."

I have the opposite problem now: an unhealthy relationship with chocolate ice cream!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:38 am

How can you forget to eat that good Polish food?

I wish I could forget to eat sometimes LOL

May I have some of the pierogi and meat/potatoes that you forget to eat? :P

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2019, 10:11 am

BTDT wrote:
One of the advantages of having a day job. Eat before you go to work. Eat whenever everyone else does at work, and eat again when you come home!

I used to do it but now I'm on medical leave...
I guess I need to make even more alarms in my phone.

kraftiekortie wrote:
How can you forget to eat that good Polish food?

Probably I'm not much into sensual pleasures... to my husband's regret, he's an excellent cook!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

I relate, I can start to feel I'm hungry after awhile but I have to pay attention, it isn't a strong feeling, and drinking is much harder. I have snacks that feel good sensory wise and eat them throughout the day, and keep water with me during the day. However I can get distracted and I won't notice if I don't eat or drink.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:22 am

I'm a food hog. I will never forget to eat in my life---unless I got a stomach bug or something....

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:34 am

I am surprised at how variable my appetite is even when I don't forget. I have more trouble over forgetting to drink, so I keep a record of that. Now, I don't go for a day or so dehydrated and so stupid I can't recognize it.
Both problems seem related to the mild bipolar condition that often comes with AS. Fasting improves concentration, so when I'm hot on a project, I tend to pursue it 'till burnout. I'm also loathe to use my mind for anything else when I've got it all full of a puzzle and still need more memory. Even a phone call can ruin a half-day's mental imaging work.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:42 am

BeaArthur wrote:
I have had times (in the past) when I had to instruct myself to eat. I would coach myself "put a forkful in. chew. swallow."

I have the opposite problem now: an unhealthy relationship with chocolate ice cream!

I LOVE chocolate ice cream, hungry or not, full or not. :-)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:45 am

Dear_one wrote:
I'm also loathe to use my mind for anything else when I've got it all full of a puzzle and still need more memory. Even a phone call can ruin a half-day's mental imaging work.

Which is why cell phones are great! I just turn mine off.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:49 am

^^ Most phones can have their ringer turned off. I had a roommate once exclaim that she'd intended to turn the ringer off, so I told her to just pretend - the caller wouldn't know the difference. She didn't answer, but she really twitched a lot.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 6:18 pm

I forget all the time. I can go pretty long without eating and not really mind. I used to tell my mother "I'll eat when Im hungry" but I never really got hungry. Still dont.

However, I have no problem actually eating. I love food. Put a plate in front of me and Ive got no trouble clearing it. (my struggles with food usually come after Ive eaten lol)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 6:40 pm

I often forget to eat and my tummy grumbling is what reminds me to eat. But I will always eat sweets when I see them available. Only time I am not in the mood for them is when I am truly not hungry.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.