Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you have a living close relative in Canada? I'm almost positive a relative has to sponsor you.

I am certain that a US relative has to sponsor a foreign relative in order for one to use the "relative" option.

I no longer have any living relatives in Canada.

I would be capable of purchasing property/home in Canada if I sold my property here. I'm capable of finding some sort of gainful employment. From some people I've talked to my understanding is that Canada would most likely not welcome me and give me citizenship if I desired it. Why is that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:31 am

Probably for the same reason why many people in the US are denied green cards and citizenship. They're afraid of a population explosion.

I would have virtually no chance of obtaining Canadian citizenship unless

1. I married a Canadian citizen.

2. I had an especially esoteric skill that is needed in Canada, and that is not possessed by many potential Canadian job seekers.

3. I was sponsored by a close relative, preferably a first-degree relative like a parent, child, or sibling.

Conversely, if I was a Canadian seeking American citizenship, I would probably have to meet the above criteria.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:39 am

It seems like a double standard.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 11:45 am

I feel like you might not have too much difficulty getting some sort of "permanent resident" status in Canada.

I know a few people who live in Canada as "permanent residents" without experiencing too many problems.

I'm not sure about this: but a person I know who has a professional position in the Probation Department in Canada is a "permanent resident."

Perhaps it might be useful if you go to the IRCC site. Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada.

I'm pretty sure there would be Canadian immigration lawyers online, too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 12:27 pm

There's a website called "Universal Immigration Services" which is said to deal with, specifically, American citizens who want to immigrate to Canada.

I'm not sure about its reputation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 2:27 pm

AspE wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Here's a list of the 31 national emergencies that have been in effect for years
Quote:
According to the Federal Register, 58 national emergencies have been declared since the National Emergency Act of 1976 was signed into law by President Gerald Ford.
And 31 have been annually renewed and are currently still in effect, as listed in the Federal Register.

Trump is the first to sign one over a border issue.

The real national emergency is the broken political system and the seemingly hopelesly divided public that elected Trump and who knows who after him. All the Russians did was exploit divisions already here.

We should declare a national emergency, so that we can bring in all the Central Americans who are fleeing for their lives.

How many out of the 47 million living in Central America need to live in the US?

How can it be determined who is actually fleeing from those who just want to live in the US?

How can it be determined out the vast number trying to get into the US, that those coming in aren't the people the other people are fleeing from? In other words how much of the problem there, will end up getting transplanted here?

What about the housing shortage problem in the US? Especially in California where a good percentage of them are likely to want to settle down?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 2:49 pm

Trump isn’t going to be president forever. In fact, this is probably the thing that will bring him down, more than the Russia thing.

Even most Republicans have condemned it.

But then we’d have President Pence...

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 3:19 pm

Illegal immigration into the US was a major issue and problem way before Trump became president.

Boarder fences between the US and Mexico existed way before Trump became president.

Trump isn't the only US Present who has spoken out strongly regarding illegal immigration.

That said, the wall was a bad idea and the shutdown was a fiasco.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 7:28 pm

325 million people live in United States

At least two of them are not "ok"

And "ok" is a vague word

What is the definition of "ok"?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 8:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Heard there's a national emergency! 8O :lol:

Oh, wait, according to this (and reality), "There is no national emergency:"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/opinions ... index.html

Thanks for asking.

Yeah...it was pretty tense here for a moment, when it looked like MS13 was about to sell us all into white slavery to ISIS. But Trump waved a magic wand, and the 2000 mile just instantly came up and saved us all. Whew!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
How can it be determined who is actually fleeing from those who just want to live in the US?

Ask them.

EzraS wrote:
How can it be determined out the vast number trying to get into the US, that those coming in aren't the people the other people are fleeing from? In other words how much of the problem there, will end up getting transplanted here?

They want to rule there, not here.

EzraS wrote:
What about the housing shortage problem in the US? Especially in California where a good percentage of them are likely to want to settle down?

2nd national emergency to build low cost housing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:59 pm

AspE wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ask them.

EzraS wrote:

They want to rule there, not here.

EzraS wrote:

2nd national emergency to build low cost housing.

I mean any central or south american coming across the border can cliam they're a refugee.

I'm not talking about rulers. I'm talking about the massive number of violent criminals it's said people are fleeing from.

There are already very many US citizens waiting to get into low cost housing.

And once again, how many out of 47 million people in central america are to be let in? Is there supposed to no limit?

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 10:04 pm

Actually, when you have as many illegals coming over the border and murdering American citizens as we have now, I'd say that that IS a national emergency. And I see you've shared a link from CNN, the king of fake news. Not wise to put much stock in what they have to say.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 10:33 pm

It's supposed to be completely wrong to call CNN fake news. Only Fox News called Faux News by liberals can be called faux/fake news.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 10:37 pm

Ann Coulter: ‘The Only National Emergency Is That Our President Is an Idiot’
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... idiot.html

The "far right" doesn't like that Trump is compromising with Democrats.

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 15 Feb 2019, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 10:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
I mean any central or south american coming across the border can cliam they're a refugee.

Oh my god, what a tragedy! But seriously, there is a vetting process in place.

EzraS wrote:
I'm not talking about rulers. I'm talking about the massive number of violent criminals it's said people are fleeing from.
I'm not talking about rulers either. Violent criminals run those countries.

EzraS wrote:
There are already very many US citizens waiting to get into low cost housing.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

EzraS wrote:
And once again, how many out of 47 million people in central america are to be let in? Is there supposed to no limit?

Why should there be a total limit? Maybe yearly quotas, something like half a million a year to control the pace?