Photographer shot by Synagogue security guard

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2019, 1:52 pm

A photographer who calls himself Furry Potato was shot in the leg by a security guard while filming on a public sidewalk in front of a Los Angeles Synagogue. The photographer was photographing the exterior of the Synagogue and a security guard was paranoid and told him to stop. The photographer proceeded to keep filming and the security guard shot from inside a gate. Here is the video of the ordeal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTawq76OpG0

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 3:07 pm

Same photographer was arrested arrested for allegedly making terrorist threats at Marine recruiting station.
https://www.usmclife.com/2018/06/transg ... g-station/

The guard identified as 44 year old Edduin Zelayagrunfeld was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

Apparently a bystander had to tell the security guard that Zhoie Perez aka Furry Potato was holding a camera and not a gun.

Which makes me wonder what is up with the "FURRY INDUSTRIES M17A2 ASSAULT CAMERA"

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 3:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
The guard identified as 44 year old Edduin Zelayagrunfeld was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.

Assault with a Deadly Weapon Laws
(Penal Code 245(a)(1) PC)
https://www.shouselaw.com/assault-weapon.html

There is a misdemeanor and felony version.

If he gets convicted on the felony, he needs to find new kind of work because ....

"Federal law generally prohibits firearm possession by individuals convicted of a crime punishable by a year or more in jail, the traditional definition of a felony."

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2019, 3:41 pm

To me it looks like the photographer was hit with a ricocheting bullet or fragment when the security guard accidentally fired his weapon.

My opinion is that this is "people doing people things".

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 4:12 pm

Seems like this youtuber kind of aggrevates these situations just so they can complain about how unfairly they are being treated. I have a hard time respecting someone who intentionally tries to get them self into trouble just so they can cry 'injustice'. They didn't have to keep circling the synagogue and putting their camera in the security guards face for a half hour. While taunting 'ohh he's in trouble, he's gonna get in trouble, hes gonna get in trouble' at the security guard.

That said it probably would have been much more appropriate for the security guard to call law enforcement instead of trying to take it into his own hands like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 4:19 pm

grahambaster wrote:
To me it looks like the photographer was hit with a ricocheting bullet or fragment when the security guard accidentally fired his weapon.

My opinion is that this is "people doing people things".

My opinion is that the person in the video was purposely pushing that guard to lose his cool, doesn't seem like smart behavior around armed personnel. What if the security guard hadn't just shot them in the leg...would it have really been worth losing their life over a youtube video.

Seems akin to finding a person who is very insistent on 'no trespassing or I shoot' and then hanging around their property messing around with sticking your foot in their yard or tossing things into their yard or pulling branches off trees that reach over their yard while taunting 'your not gonna shoot me....look I put my foot on your property, now I moved it so you can't shoot me...ha ha ha'. And being surprised when they shoot at you after a half hour of it.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 15 Feb 2019, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 4:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Seems like this youtuber kind of aggrevates these situations just so they can complain about how unfairly they are being treated. I have a hard time respecting someone who intentionally tries to get them self into trouble just so they can cry 'injustice'. They didn't have to keep circling the synagogue and putting their camera in the security guards face for a half hour. While taunting 'ohh he's in trouble, he's gonna get in trouble, hes gonna get in trouble' at the security guard.

That said it probably would have been much more appropriate for the security guard to call law enforcement instead of trying to take it into his own hands like that. Though part of me can empathize I would have at least wanted to hit that person if I was in the security guards position....but I should never be a security guard.

They call themselves "First Amendment auditors." I've been following some of these channels for quite awhile. Yeah, many of them are idiots. But their intent is to test law informant responses to legal filming. It has been positive in many regards, and cast a light on the number of bad cops that are out there. There definitely is a serious problem with law enforcement in this country.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 4:43 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That said it probably would have been much more appropriate for the security guard to call law enforcement instead of trying to take it into his own hands like that. Though part of me can empathize I would have at least wanted to hit that person if I was in the security guards position....but I should never be a security guard.

They call themselves "First Amendment auditors." I've been following some of these channels for quite awhile. Yeah, many of them are idiots. But their intent is to test law informant responses to legal filming. It has been positive in many regards, and cast a light on the number of bad cops that are out there. There definitely is a serious problem with law enforcement in this country.

Just not sure pushing as many buttons as you can to try and find bad cops/security guards is the best approach. Even a good cop if harrassed enough could act inappropriately in response if the person keeps at it. I mean what ends up happening is Furry Potato looks like an as*hole which takes away from whatever assholery their target exhibits, if they exhibit any. That is the impression I got from looking at some of their other 'work' on youtube.

Perhaps there are better first amedment auditors that don't use harassment and insults to try and rile up whoever they interact with. One of the videos a cop was trying to be very reasonable with furry potato and she kept just being insulting and playing dumb and absolutely refusing to be reasonable. Just made me feel bad for the cop who had to deal with that unpleasantness. Could just be furry potato in particular has a reckless approach to this.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 15 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 4:49 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Just not sure pushing as many buttons as you can to try and find bad cops/security guards is the best approach. Even a good cop if harrassed enough could act inappropriately in response if the person keeps at it. I mean what ends up happening is Furry Potato looks like an as*hole which takes away from whatever assholery their target exhibits, if they exhibit any. That is the impression I got from looking at some of their other 'work' on youtube.

Perhaps there are better first amedment auditors that don't use harassment and insults to try and rile up whoever they interact with. One of the videos a cop was trying to be very reasonable with furry potato and she kept just being insulting and playing dumb and absolutely refusing to be reasonable. Just made me feel bad for the cop who had to deal with that unpleasantness.

Some of them who do well not instigate as much as they do, for sure. Yet, being an as*hole isn't illegal. If one of them is filming, and a cop takes them down, he isn't within his legal rights to do so if the as*hole isn't breaking any laws.

I see some value in the movement. But, yeah, most of them are idiots, many of them just in it for the YouTube bucks.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 5:10 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Perhaps there are better first amedment auditors that don't use harassment and insults to try and rile up whoever they interact with. One of the videos a cop was trying to be very reasonable with furry potato and she kept just being insulting and playing dumb and absolutely refusing to be reasonable. Just made me feel bad for the cop who had to deal with that unpleasantness.

Some of them who do well not instigate as much as they do, for sure. Yet, being an as*hole isn't illegal. If one of them is filming, and a cop takes them down, he isn't within his legal rights to do so if the as*hole isn't breaking any laws.

I see some value in the movement. But, yeah, most of them are idiots, many of them just in it for the YouTube bucks.

Does kind of seem furry potato is more in it for the youtube attention, than because she actually is concerned about injustice dealt out on the street by the authorities. I just worry she might bite off more than she can chew and end up in some real trouble. I mean kind of a dark Anology here but if I knew someone was a rapist, I certainly would not proceed to put myself in their vicinity to potentially be raped just to expose them. Basically I just hope she learns a little caution before worse happens than a bullet in the leg.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 7:15 pm

Another win for the left's tactic of provoking a documented overreaction to prove whomever are a bunch of fascists.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 7:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Another win for the left's tactic of provoking a documented overreaction to prove whomever are a bunch of fascists.

I don't think very many of those in this movement are liberal. They tend to be Second Amendment, gun-toting conservatives who lean more toward Libertarianism -- or even anarcho-capitalism.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 8:21 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Assault with a Deadly Weapon Laws
(Penal Code 245(a)(1) PC)
https://www.shouselaw.com/assault-weapon.html

There is a misdemeanor and felony version.

If he gets convicted on the felony, he needs to find new kind of work because ....

"Federal law generally prohibits firearm possession by individuals convicted of a crime punishable by a year or more in jail, the traditional definition of a felony."

I doubt any security company will ever hire him after this whatever the outcome.