The question of attractiveness

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 9:40 am

Kurgan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Haven’t life taught you already that there’s no *real* friendship between men and women?

It depends. If a male coworker asks you to go out with him (without other coworkers) or if a guy you know starts doing a lot of favors for you, don't assume it's because he badly wants a female best friend.
It can happen, but it's not something you'd deliberately set out to MAKE happen.

Just as people don't go on dating sites simply to start platonic friendships with members of the opposite sex. They are looking for romance, in other words they want to date somebody, initiate a process that eventually leads to a sexual liaison either immediately or over a period of months, but that's the sole purpose. Everybody that does it is looking for sex, be it casual sex, sex within a serious relationship, or sex within a marriage. Might as well accept that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2019, 2:17 pm

MaxE wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Haven’t life taught you already that there’s no *real* friendship between men and women?

It depends. If a male coworker asks you to go out with him (without other coworkers) or if a guy you know starts doing a lot of favors for you, don't assume it's because he badly wants a female best friend.
It can happen, but it's not something you'd deliberately set out to MAKE happen.

Just as people don't go on dating sites simply to start platonic friendships with members of the opposite sex. They are looking for romance, in other words they want to date somebody, initiate a process that eventually leads to a sexual liaison either immediately or over a period of months, but that's the sole purpose. Everybody that does it is looking for sex, be it casual sex, sex within a serious relationship, or sex within a marriage. Might as well accept that.
I used dating sites for asexuals before. They want a romantic realtionship without having to deal with the sexual aspect. Some which are along the lines of demisexual or grey asexual are open to having sex but it's not really a want or desire within a romantic realtionship. That's kinda how it is for me. I like sex OK but I'm fine not having it & much rather the intimacy & connection than the sex.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 2:21 pm

There are many close and nonsexual relationships between men and women.