Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:10 pm

adamhakeemiforv wrote:
... In my opinion, it's a fact...
A contradiction. It is either your opinion or a fact; and while it may be your opinion that is is a fact, the distinction still needs to be made.
adamhakeemiforv wrote:
... aspies and HFAs are superior to neurotypicals and LFAs, due to our trait of having special interests and naturally high intelligence...
Evidence, please?
adamhakeemiforv wrote:
We are the next stage in evolution, therefore we are superior in every way.
Evidence, please?

Just because you have the right to freely speak you opinions, that does not grant you the right to make up your own "facts". :roll:

adamhakeemiforv
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2019, 1:18 pm

Tollorin wrote:
adamhakeemiforv wrote:
We are the next stage in evolution, therefore we are superior in every way.

Clearly you do not understand the theory of evolution: you might think you understand it, but you do not.

What I understand is that there are 2 viewpoints:

1. That evolution strives to become better than its previous incarnation, or

2. That evolution doesn't strive to be better, or worse. It just "happens", so to speak.

Personally, I subscribe to the first belief, simply because, if I was put in a different environment, and I somehow evolved to be worse at adapting, then my genes wouldn't pass on. And, in my opinion, a gene's main goal is to pass onto the next generation, which explains why we have a sex drive, and why sex feels good.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:20 pm

Sorry, but we don't do "autistic supremacy" or NT-bashing here.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)