Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

Yesterday I took a pill of Klonopin because I had a "thoughts keep rushing by" night and couldn't fall asleep (I have these problems and take K, like, once or two in a month), and got a panic attack instead :?
I wonder if this paradoxical reaction happens often? And are there any other treatments for severe insomnia?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 5:01 pm

Clonazepam always makes me extremely depressed about 24-48 hours later.
I know other people who can't take it at all because of odd emotional responses.

I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying Zolpidem, if you can get a prescription.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 8:43 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Clonazepam always makes me extremely depressed about 24-48 hours later.
I know other people who can't take it at all because of odd emotional responses.

I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying Zolpidem, if you can get a prescription.

In my case, Klonopin makes me feel kind of devoid of any emotions all the day after. But this feeling doesn't bother me much. Some people seem to freak out when looking at me when I'm in this state, though. No idea why.

Ok, will talk to the doctor about Zolpidem.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Feb 2019, 4:26 am

My doc would rather prescribe bezos than meds like Zolpidem because some people on Zolpidem perform activities while they're asleep they don't remember the next day including driving while they're asleep which of corse can be very dangerous. I took it before YEARS ago & I was fine on it. I was on a steroid pack which I've been on before & they can make it hard for me to sleep after a couple days.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 6:26 am

Another sleep med to consider is Trazadone. I take that one and the switched my husband from Ambien to that.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2019, 5:08 am

Angnix wrote:
Another sleep med to consider is Trazadone. I take that one and the switched my husband from Ambien to that.
I was on that a while for minor depression & problems sleeping. I didn't know that could be taken for as needed. I still have some left & might try taking one next time I'd want an occasional sleep med. Anmother antidepressant that's used sometimes for problems sleeping is Remeron/Mirtazapine but it has to be taken regularly.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 12:05 pm

Angnix wrote:

Looks interesting.

By the way, any experiences with Pregabalin?

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 4:30 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Yesterday I took a pill of Klonopin because I had a "thoughts keep rushing by" night and couldn't fall asleep (I have these problems and take K, like, once or two in a month), and got a panic attack instead :?
I wonder if this paradoxical reaction happens often? And are there any other treatments for severe insomnia?

I take Klonopin 1mg three times a day for anxiety. I’m not a doctor, but trazodone helped my insomnia along with my weighted blanket. I’ve never had such a reaction to any benzodiazepine.

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2019, 8:03 am

Yea, for me at least, if I take it chronically, I become much anxious, depressed and impulsive in all aspects and, of course, very sleepy. Because of that I avoid to take it in a chronic manner, and only in as needed basis.