What works better for you: hookup apps or hookup sites?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Dating apps are sausage fest.

Hookup apps...are almost sausage-only fest.

The only women you would usually find there are lesbians.... or bisexuals seeking for another girl for a threesome with the boyfriend.

8) :lol:

Not entirely true. I worked with some waitresses who admitted to using Tinder to hookup, so, it does happen.

And those would only swipe on six-pack models even if the woman is way below average, I have done several experiments on Tinder, I confirm that only the model-looking six-pack guys get a steady significant number of matches there; and man....I swear there are way so many obese women there, even women in their 50s, who think they have a chance with a 25 Mr. wall calendar hunk; it's really laughable.

It is not our field for us the non-Olympian gods mere mortals, I had way more success with apps where they can see my first message, without the need for being matched based on pics first. Also I had way more success with foreigners, hookup and relationship wise.

The foreigners on Tinder are all fake: viewtopic.php?t=362195

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The only women you would usually find there are lesbians.... or bisexuals seeking for another girl for a threesome with the boyfriend.

Not entirely true. I worked with some waitresses who admitted to using Tinder to hookup, so, it does happen.

And those would only swipe on six-pack models even if the woman is way below average, I have done several experiments on Tinder, I confirm that only the model-looking six-pack guys get a steady significant number of matches there; and man....I swear there are way so many obese women there, even women in their 50s, who think they have a chance with a 25 Mr. wall calendar hunk; it's really laughable.

It is not our field for us the non-Olympian gods mere mortals, I had way more success with apps where they can see my first message, without the need for being matched based on pics first. Also I had way more success with foreigners, hookup and relationship wise.

Below average looking women don't get hired to work as servers at downtown bars.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Below average looking women don't get hired to work as servers at downtown bars.

On tinder, it doesn't seem there's ANY correlation between the woman's level of beauty/fitness/age and the level of hunk model she's aiming at.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

On tinder, it doesn't seem there's ANY correlation between the woman's level of beauty/fitness/age and the level of hunk model she's aiming at.

That kind of rings true on Grindr with gay guys as well. Almost everyone is interested in certain stereotypically attractive types, regardless of their own aesthetics. That's just human nature.. in general, almost all people are attracted to "attractive," people.

I guess the thing is they don't know for sure whether they have a chance or not unless they take a shot and message. I've seen some below average people dating models. I've messaged people "out of my league," (IMO) and had great success - other times been ignored, but w/e. With dating apps it's a numbers game like someone pointed out above.. message everyone you're remotely interested in and see how many of those turn into chats, and then how many of those turn into meeting people. Sometimes I do exactly that. Other times I'm more passive and just leave the app open and see who messages me. Just depends how I'm feeling in the moment, but I get how different approaches can work depending on one's objective.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That kind of rings true on Grindr with gay guys as well. Almost everyone is interested in certain stereotypically attractive types, regardless of their own aesthetics. That's just human nature.. in general, almost all people are attracted to "attractive," people.

But not everyone is that unreasonable, I know my own aesthetics, and I wouldn't even try with calendar supermodels, that would be so stupid and waste of time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 2:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

But not everyone is that unreasonable, I know my own aesthetics, and I wouldn't even try with calendar supermodels, that would be so stupid and waste of time.

Fake news, Boo.

You're making the assumption that those women are all not attracted to you.

Here's the thing: I'm not a horribly ugly person, but, I also know that I'm no model. There are certain things about me, aesthetically, that I REALLY dislike and don't know how anyone could overlook them and find me attractive. BUT, the reality is that it doesn't matter what I think of me, it matters what others think of me, and reality is that I hookup with beautiful people All The Time. I'm talking actual models, dancers, actors, athletes etc. Sometimes I hookup with people I think are Way out of my league and it's like "pinch me.. is this really happening?" Sometimes it may be that they're truly attracted to me in that moment, other times it may be that they don't perceive themselves as 10's or 11's and have no idea what league they're even in. All of this perception stuff works both ways, too. Again, I don't much care for some things about my appearance - AT ALL - yet I've been complimented on my body/physique etc by truly beautiful people who put a Lot of time & energy into their aesthetics. Heck, I've been complimented by underwear models. So, yeah, it doesn't matter what You think of you, Boo, it matters what They think.. and you won't know unless you swipe/ask/chat etc & find out! Lol imagine all the 8's, 9's, 10's, & 11's I wouldn't have hooked up with if I took the Boo approach and didn't bother chatting up people that are "definitely," out of my league!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 12:40 am

^The two times I dated model-looking ones went badly.
Yes I had this “is this real?” moment.

One of them was this girl who kissed me and danced on my lap on first date, and on 2nd date she danced dirty with other dudes.

The other girl was boring as hell, at least she behaved so, obviously not into me.

Meh.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 1:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^The two times I dated model-looking ones went badly.
Yes I had this “is this real?” moment.

One of them was this girl who kissed me and danced on my lap on first date, and on 2nd date she danced dirty with other dudes.

The other girl was boring as hell, at least she behaved so, obviously not into me.

Meh.

So then you know it's not stupid nor a waste of your time to try to get with model type women as you've already had dates with two of them.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 1:55 am

I wouldn't bother at all. There's two types of women on those kinds of sites, insanely picky, and insanely ugly. The people worth dating or hooking up with do it out in the real world, so focus on that instead of wasting your time online.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 6:47 am

I’m a “real world advocate” myself.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 3:28 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
I wouldn't bother at all. There's two types of women on those kinds of sites, insanely picky, and insanely ugly. The people worth dating or hooking up with do it out in the real world, so focus on that instead of wasting your time online.

Hmmm I wonder how my boyfriend found me than...

If I was 'insanely picky' I doubt I would have wanted to meet him or have a second date...and if I was insanely ugly not so sure he'd have wanted to meet me let alone sent me a message on Okcupid.

If anything I probably should have been a little picker about guys I met before him, and talked to them longer first...may have prevented a couple experiences of being led on and/or ghosted.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2019, 2:36 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

If I was 'insanely picky' I doubt I would have wanted to meet him or have a second date...and if I was insanely ugly not so sure he'd have wanted to meet me let alone sent me a message on Okcupid.

If anything I probably should have been a little picker about guys I met before him, and talked to them longer first...may have prevented a couple experiences of being led on and/or ghosted.

Thanks for sharing Your expirience SweetLeaf... :)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 7:06 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Okay, not literally every woman. But the majority fit into those two categories, and women are far less frequent on dating sites then men. The numbers are completely skewed against us.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 8:06 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Okay, not literally every woman. But the majority fit into those two categories, and women are far less frequent on dating sites then men. The numbers are completely skewed against us.

@Sweetleaf, this old thread I did was actually dedicated to you in particular: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=342818

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 6:37 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Well that may be, but its still an avenue through which it's possible to find someone worthwhile. I'd say the vast majority of guys on dating sites are after hook-ups but, well it didn't stop me. Perhaps that has something to do with women being less frequent and/or active on dating sites, not sure though.

I do know when I was using it I didn't even get on it every day, I'd check for messages and try to send a couple like a couple times a week, I don't know if its more common for guys to spend more time on the sites.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2019, 5:26 pm

Interesting point of view and thoughts Sweetleaf...