Create Your Own Alternate History?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 12:36 am

CG animated movies never happened and traditional hand drawn animation is alive and well nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the CG animated movies that've come out shouldn't have existed, but simply that there isn't a single CG movie in existence (except for maybe Wreck-It Ralph) that couldn't have been done just as good (possibly even better) the hand drawn way and hand drawn animation wouldn't be going the way of the dodo bird like it is now.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:07 am

France becomes fascist and joins the axis resulting in an axis victory for the axis in ww2. Then the Germans and the French take over the North American continent. France reclaims its former colonies that were apart of New France such as Pays Des Illinois, Louisiana Territory, and Pay D'en Haut. Germans take whatever is left over while Japan takes Alaska and Hawaii.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 12:03 pm

Around 300 BC, The Ojibwe tribes of North America discover iron and copper ores in their territory and soon develop smelting and metallurgy. By 1400 AD, North American tribes were already being hired as mercenary units by the British House of Plantagenet, thus shortening what would otherwise become the Hundred Years War into roughly a decade of armed conflict, ending in the conquest of France and Germany by the British.

While the natives of North America were decimated by diseases that Europeans had long been immune to, their scientists quickly found effective treatments for the various poxes and fluxes. It was Kechewaishke of the Cree who first observed that milkmaid's skin was never pock-marked, and it was she who developed the process for inoculation by tapping cowpox puss under the skin of volunteers who were then exposed to people with smallpox. Over 90% of those who received the inoculations survived, while over 90% of those who did not receive the inoculations died.

Her people hailed her as a hero, while many Europeans decried her as a witch ... :roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:53 pm

In 2002, my father managed to complete his treatments without any problems and will be turning 60 this year on May 6th.

Even though he served in the military, he like many fellow soldiers was against the US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

In 2008 and 2012, he voted for Barack Obama both times.

In 2016, he did not vote for any presidential candidate because he viewed Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as equally evil along with voting for a third-party candidate as wasting a vote.

When the gluten-free food craze began in 2011, he saw it as an opportunity to take control of his weight because of a lifelong struggle with weight issues. This of course pissed off the family matriarch who to this day sees no benefits of eating gluten-free foods.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:26 am

What if France rather than Britain became the dominant empire and cultural power in the world.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:27 am

What if Spain rather than Britain became the dominant empire and cultural power in the world.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 9:08 am

Instead of "2001: A Space Odyssey", Kubrick worked on an earlier version of "A Clockwork Orange", which was panned by critics and never won an award. Heartbroken, Kubrick committed suicide. "2001" was never produced, and most SF movies from then on continued in the "Monster From Out There" genre well past 2020, thus almost killing the genre.

For instance, "Star Wars" was about a cryogenically frozen Wookie whose prison ship crash-lands near Los Angeles, and he is chased by neo-nazi survivalists (who can't shoot straight) until an orphaned farm boy (played by Mark Hamill) befriends the alien creature and takes him to the north woods, dodging those same neo-nazi survivalists (who can't still shoot straight) and always remaining one step ahead of a governmental MIB named Dirk Baker, who turns out to be the farm boy's real father. Along the way, they meet a wise old homeless grifter who does card tricks, a spoiled 'princess' from Bel Aire who can butt-kick anyone senseless, a pair of stoners (one speaks only in chirps and whistles, and the other talks too much), and a grizzled old trucker who always shoots first. Much hilarity ensures.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2020, 6:51 pm

At the premiere of Psycho in 1960, the great Alfred Hitchcock meets Kubrick and after several secret meetings agrees to trade Doctor Strangelove for The Birds.

When an anonymous whistleblower tells various media outlets about their meetings, this understandably pissed off both men, but they continue forward with their ventures becoming fast friends in the process.

Hitchcock's version of Doctor Strangelove sweeps the 1964 Oscars winning all of its nine Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Director for Alfred Hitchcock and Best Actor for Peter Sellers.

Kubrick's version of The Birds receives extremely negative reviews (becoming a major flop for Universal Pictures) and two years later, Kubrick asks Hitchcock to direct 2001: A Space Odyssey. Hitchcock insists Kubrick directs citing his dislike for the sci-fi genre. Kubrick's obsession with getting Hitchcock to direct 2001: A Space Odyssey grew stronger reaching a certain point where Hitchcock cuts off all ties with Kubrick.

Hitchcock shortly after discovers a new talent who he sees as perfect for directing 2001: A Space Odyssey who he introduces to MGM and Arthur C. Clarke; the great George Miller.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2020, 6:58 pm

Lately, I've considered alternate history as it applies to how I had personally came into existence - example if my parents never met, I would have never been born scenarios.

Personally, from what I've been told, there were quite a few "almost scenarios" - that is, if even one of those "almost scenarios" didn't happen, I would not have been born.

Considering personal alternate histories can yield new perspectives.

Anybody aware of the many "almost scenarios" that literally brought us into existence?