does anyone else get extremely upset if they lose a friend?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:04 am

forgiving, no. not in case of betrayal. archiving it, yes. past, irrelevant. not wasting mental/emotional resourse on it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Apr 2019, 10:25 am

I don't really.
My "friends" just drift away from me and I'm okay with it.
Sometimes I regret losing contact - but I just can't keep it up, I don't have this kind of power.
Sometimes we rebind after a few years. Sometimes we can't.
I don't remember ever being betrayed by a friend - maybe beacuse I'm slow to consider one my friend.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:27 am

so am i. and then my friends have to deal with my f*****g paranoia, left by old betrayals. among other s**t.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

serpentari wrote:
forgiving, no. not in case of betrayal. archiving it, yes. past, irrelevant. not wasting mental/emotional resourse on it.

Forgivness means that you don't back and be someone's friend who hurt you, rather it means that you still love them on the inside while acknowledging that they were betrayed you but you don't let it get to you anymore. Sure you can reconcile with someone but they may not want to reconcile with you.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:47 am

reconcile is 2 way thing. otherwise its called forgiveness ya. but i dont forgive betrayal. i simply store a list of names. reconcile is an option when something went honestly wrong. miscommunication. when hurt happened without such intent. then, if u are lucky, u can reconcile. rebuild that relationship. if the other person is willing too.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:59 am

serpentari wrote:
reconcile is 2 way thing. otherwise its called forgiveness ya. but i dont forgive betrayal. i simply store a list of names. reconcile is an option when something went honestly wrong. miscommunication. when hurt happened without such intent. then, if u are lucky, u can reconcile. rebuild that relationship. if the other person is willing too.

Well actually, that's not true. You can forgive the person and heal yourself without ever meeting with that person. I think it's hard because that person who wronged you may be so wrapped up in themselves and they have moved onto other people. I found some good guided meditations that have helped with clarity.

One of the ways that I am working through the rejection of the friend who rejected me 5 years ago is through meditation. It helps me tell myself that "It's not my problem that this ex-friend really hates me. It's not my problem that she has felt a certain way about herself because I didn't create the problems for her." It's also not your problem that your "Friends" betrayed you.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 11:04 am

like i said. its not forgiving. its well, archiving it. also, making some use out of it. learning something. so next time u'd be a harder target. there are things to forgive. and there are things unforgivable. other thing is to not let it weight u down, which was me to have told u in the first place. afair. i will not be discussing this further. i am low on energy.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 12:08 pm

serpentari wrote:
like i said. its not forgiving. its well, archiving it. also, making some use out of it. learning something. so next time u'd be a harder target. there are things to forgive. and there are things unforgivable. other thing is to not let it weight u down, which was me to have told u in the first place. afair. i will not be discussing this further. i am low on energy.

I am not more careful about how I select my friends being that I have had some pretty bad friends in my life. I also now know how to look for the signs of a toxic friendship since I have done some research on which signs to be on the look for.

Questions to ask myself
1. Is this friendship a two-way street or are you there for each other?
2. Is this friend accepting of you no matter what choices you make good or bad?
3. Does this person bring you up?
4. Is this friend supportive?
5. Do you feel good after spending time with them?
6. Can you be yourself around them?
7. How much do you have in common/are you compatible?
9.Do they stick with you through thick and thin?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 11:03 pm

I get very upset whenever I lose a friend. Most of my friends from my clubhouse have past away over the past 20 years.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 11:50 pm

It's easier to not deal with friends altogether

Counseling and wrong planet

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 9:01 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

I see what you are saying because it's getting harder and harder to determine who is a friend and who is not. I have learned to be by myself and just connect with my cat.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 9:18 am

my friends are people, who are currently sleeping off a week of having watched me around the clock in shifts

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 10:26 am

serpentari wrote:
my friends are people, who are currently sleeping off a week of having watched me around the clock in shifts

I have friends now but I have just become so used to be alone and feel comfortable with myself

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 9:10 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

I see what you are saying because it's getting harder and harder to determine who is a friend and who is not. I have learned to be by myself and just connect with my cat.

"Beggars can't be choosers", but you have to draw boundaries somewhere.

Every situation is different, but plenty of lil dipshits act like they are so f*****g special and important. And they are just similar to other idiots

Having friends usually "helps" a teaspoon for that time. Loosing friends "hurts," a gallon, for much longer

Lil ass holes are way too judgmental

"Are you ok ?", Like they care and can "help"

They tell me, my reaction, instead of what they did wrong

Even when they say "sorry", it's sympathy, not apology

There are a lot of assumptions and expectations each party has

And I don't know what they are, until penises violate the boundaries

Then I don't tell them the boundaries

If I tell them, they might do it less, the same, or more

Only one out of three options is favorable

Not all three options are equally likely

And they might purposely do what I told them to stop doing, more, just to get on my nerves

That sounds like something Amy Lee scheel b***h would do

They are so arrogant that they truly believe that every time someone does something they don't like, someone violated their stupidass "rights"

They believe that they have a "right" to be happy at all times

Nobody has a "right" to be happy

Not even the president

People make fun of the president and he can't do anything about it.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 9:38 pm

I lost a potential friend this year (as I may have said a few dozen times on this forum). Since my emotions are rather strong compared to those of NT kids my age, I was absolutely devastated by that loss. (If I'm upset, I'm REALLY upset, and if I'm happy, I'm REALLY happy.) I tried so hard to try to bring it back but nothing could be done to save it. It is DEAD.

I must accept that the girl I tried to be friends with is very unlikely to forgive me for the mistake I made that ended our friendship. But she also made mistakes too — she lied to me to avoid me. She said she had no time to hang out with friends, but I've seen photos of her on Instagram with friends, so I know that definitely wasn't true. It was that she failed to MAKE time for me.

Now people know why my expectations for future friendships are so high. It's because of all of the past rejections scarring me and making me resentful.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 9:54 pm

Almost every single time, idiots dumped me. When I should have dumped them first

They went from 100 to 99 friends

And I went from 1 to zero friends

Too much peer pressure

Ass holes overvalue themselves