Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DevilMayAsian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2019, 12:09 pm

What do you call a person you’re no longer in a relationship with and you were never officially BF/GF?

It’s simply an ex, my friends and I are debating this. And some of them say refer to them as nothing. My answer is that you’re not ex BF/ GF you’re just exes to each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 12:23 pm

DevilMayAsian wrote:
What do you call a person you’re no longer in a relationship with and you were never officially BF/GF? ...
"Just a friend", "Someone I used to hang out with" or "Someone I used to know".

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 1:18 pm

I no longer compartmentalize people I care about. I don't delete people or block people because to me that's just rude & pointless.

I'm aloof enough as I am, there's no need for me to follow crass social conventions about whom I should disregard.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2019, 1:25 pm

Ex-Bestie and or Ex-Best Friend.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

I always think of this song when I think of my ex-non-boyfriend. I guess "somebody that I used to know" is most applicable. It's easier to say than "that guy that I was friends with for years then we were more than friends and it ruined everything because more than friends wasn't working and we mutually decided not to continue but then I couldn't go back to not feeling anything more than friends about him" *sigh* oh high school...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 1:49 pm

An old flame?

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 1:54 am

I think most people hearing someone refer to another just as an Ex, their mind will automatically jump to ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

I usually try to not refer to or talk about those people much. If they aren't in my life anymore there's a reason for it. If I still have a casual contact then they're "this guy/girl I know" I might refer to them other ways but I don't think I'd just refer to them as an ex without meaning ex boyfriend/girlfriend

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Feb 2019, 9:19 am

How I would refer to them depends on how good things were when it ended. If things ended well I might would say Former Friend Who's Now An Acquaintance. If things ended very badly I might be like That B!tch Who Screwed Me Over.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 12:41 pm