Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 2:48 am

Can breasts grow still? Or I’m wearing the wrong bra size, I wear a D cup, I been wearing a D for ALOT of years, I had to change the numbers. I’m not good with bras. How big are DD cups?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Feb 2019, 9:07 am

https://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html

There is no such thing as "D cup" - 32D will have totally different cup volume than 42D.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 10:08 am

Yes, they do change size over time for many women. It is good idea to go to a store to have them measured again. Some stores will let you order several different sizes online and return what doesn't fit. You may need to try different styles. There are a bunch of companies that want to sell you bras that fit properly right now. They want to steal business away from Victoria's Secret.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 6:51 pm

After a certain age, no your breasts do not 'grow' anymore. However they can add volume when you gain weight, general swelling with temperature or excess water weight in your body, and during hormone fluctuations. Over years it's also not odd for them to change in certain degrees, like change shape and their 'perkiness' will lessen with age. These various changes to our breasts can make it so we might need a different size.

Another fun thing is that with time manufactures will sometimes alter their standard for a size a little and then also have variants among different brands. This happens with regular clothes too.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 4:51 pm

Another thing that can change over time is that the shape of your breasts change. Sadly, gravity does take a toll and most women find their breasts hang lower and are not as "perky." You may find you want different qualities in a bra, such as side support, back support, wider straps, underwires or no underwires, etc.

The best guide is how well the bra seems to fit you, and if that is changing, you probably need to try on both new sizes, and new styles.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 6:29 pm

Victoria's Secret is closing 53 stores and "everyone" wants to sell bras. This is really a great time to go bra shopping.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 12:59 am

BTDT wrote:
Victoria's Secret is closing 53 stores and "everyone" wants to sell bras. This is really a great time to go bra shopping.

Victoria’s Secret is for skinny people.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 8:06 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Victoria’s Secret is for skinny people.

ha ha ha ha ... I always say Victoria's "secret" is she doesn't have anything in my size!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:06 pm

I still haven’t bought a bra, i HATE bra shopping!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 11:20 pm

magz wrote:
https://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html

There is no such thing as "D cup" - 32D will have totally different cup volume than 42D.

The number refers to the lower band measurement from under your breasts. It's separate from the cup size.

Sizes change with weight gain/loss, after having kids, etc. There are websites that can help guide you to measure properly if you don't want to get professionally fitted.