Working full-time (or close to full-time)

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2019, 6:17 pm

I work 41 hours a week, but I also have 12 weeks of vacations a year, but those 12 weeks are spread over the year.

The workload and the difficulty of work is too low. Until now my boss can't increase my workload, although my colleagues have a high workload. It is not possible to do parts of their work, although I offered that to my boss.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 9:08 pm

I used to work full time so maybe if I found the right job I could do it again.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

I worked full time hours & alot of overtime at times. Some weeks I had about 60 hours(six ten hour days) when we got very shorthanded. I think I was a workaholic at least partly cuz of my life circumstances. I was getting over a bad depression & still living with my parents. My parents were on my back about how I wasn't independent & how they felt I could be doing better despite the fact that I have a lot of physical & mental disabilities. I also didn't have any friends other than a couple people at work thou I did do stuff outside of work with them occasionally. I was very lonely & wanted a romantic relationship but had NO luck at all on dating sites & didn't really meet women offline outside of work due to not going out much. I think work was kinda a coping mechanism for me. I think I was trying to prove myself at work cuz I did have some accommodations & I did kinda feel like cr@p cuz of my living situation that I mentioned.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MelodyPadilla98
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2019, 7:38 am

I'm not sure. I only work part time and that's enough for me. Tired of society trying to tell me how much I should work or what I should want

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

I used to hate work a good while ago but lately It's been ok with 25 hours a week, I still want to change my position there though.

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2019, 11:02 am

I am in law school now and the hours I have to put in are crazy but mostly manageable until recently... yet I hear horror stories of billable hours in the legal field and it is just like I don't want that so I have to make this degree work for me.

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 4:24 pm

I work 40 hours a week in a very demanding job, and I find myself in a double-bind with my evenings and weekends. If I fit in all the fun things I want to do, I don’t get much chance to recuperate. If I spend the evening or weekend resting, I suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out).

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm

cberg wrote:
I don't know how the hell I manage 40 hours at a PC. I know it's ultimately bad for me. I'd just make everyone miserable if I brought up my health problems & diagnoses.

"At a PC"? Do you mean at a computer or something else? I'm confused. :?

MonaLyssa33
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Apr 2019, 6:21 pm

I currently work full-time and I'd love to go part-time, but in order to qualify for student loan forgiveness in 6ish years, I need to have worked full-time in the public sector for 10 years. I've been very stressed out with work because of my noise sensitivities and I'm starting to feel overwhelmingly awful most days.

When I was still in college, I was working nearly full-time at a grocery store (the most miserable job of my life, I don't know how I stayed there 5 years) and going to school full-time. I'm still shocked I was able to do that, especially since I was severely depressed at the time. I could probably handle that again now that my depression is in remission, but I wouldn't want to. Yet, here I am planning on starting grad school next spring.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 10:52 am

Working full time wasn't overwhelming for me when I did it, but then again I've only held a full time job for half a year (all of my other jobs, the current one included, have been part time) so maybe that's why. Maybe I'd tire out too if I did it for longer...? Currently I'm doing only 28 hours per week and it sucks; I'd love more hours! Not that I exactly like my job, but I could use the money. I have a physical disability on top of my autism, which really limits what I can do, but as long as it's mostly a desk job I don't think full time work would cause me any problems. Would take a few weeks for me to adjust I'm sure, but after that I'm pretty sure all'd be good.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2019, 11:44 pm

I found it difficult to go from working part time to working full time, but eventually I got used to it. I try to lose myself in my work where I used to get lost in my thoughts. Makes things go quicker and smoother.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 2:34 am

Dan82 wrote:
I found it difficult to go from working part time to working full time, but eventually I got used to it. I try to lose myself in my work where I used to get lost in my thoughts. Makes things go quicker and smoother.
The transition process was probably easier for me because I was scheduled as part time for my 1st year but at times I was allowed to work extra like when we were very snort handed or the store was allowed to make overtime. At 1st I just started working about an hour longer & then started coming on one of my 3 days off. Then I upped it to two days sometimes.

ToWhomItMayConcern
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Apr 2019, 4:03 pm

Yeah I can only do 4 hours a day and that's my limit people tell me I'm lazy but whatever

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm

I'm actually working 34.5 hours now (over 40 if you include breaks)...

Still going strong. I've gotten used to it almost. I just need lots of sleep and have little life outside of work.. I have become a slave to 'the system'. :x

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 11:07 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I'm actually working 34.5 hours now (over 40 if you include breaks)...

Still going strong. I've gotten used to it almost. I just need lots of sleep and have little life outside of work.. I have become a slave to 'the system'. :x
That's how it was for me when I was working full-time & overtime. I never had much of a life except for work & skewl stuff when I was doing that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 6:31 pm

ToWhomItMayConcern wrote:
Yeah I can only do 4 hours a day and that's my limit people tell me I'm lazy but whatever

You're not lazy. You should do what you feel comfortable with. :mrgreen: