Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 5:03 am

There are some weapons topics deleted. So it time for a new one.

I start with a sad picture, actuataly are there happy pictures of weapons. :?:
Soldiers ( in my view it are terrorist and not soldiers ) who allowed and teach little children to hater other humans by writing on bombs :(

Next picture is more positive.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 6:30 pm

Pacifism is a luxury.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 6:45 pm

Yea, that's a pretty horrifying picture.

Here is what I came up with...searching 'happy gun pictures' lol.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 11:56 pm

Erewhon wrote:

Soldiers ( in my view it are terrorist and not soldiers ) who allowed and teach little children to hater other humans by writing on bombs :(

The kids writing on those missiles are not writing "love messages for lebanese kids". When your opinion is based on fallacies it's easy to promote hate speech, as is done in that demonstration. While I don't support this whole kids near bombs thing, The messages written on the missiles according to the actual photos (there were several total in that photoshoot) are solely directed towards Hassan Nasrallah and not "innocent Lebanese kids" (you can partially see "(for)...Nasrallah with love from Israel"), leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist organization who ordered to fire rockets on northern Israeli towns/ killing innocent civilians among them people from the towns which these kids are from. These pics were taken at the time of the 2006 Hezbollah - Israeli war which triggered an Israeli invasion after a long period of barrages of rockets fired by Hezbollah from Lebanon on Israeli towns.

These kids were obviously a subject of a carefully planned photoshoot as seen from the photographer with the blue hat sitting behind them (while the other one taking the actual picture at the same time both from close range), so it's obviously intended to be used as a mean to an end, which is to make Israel appear bad as if this was a "state planned activity" which in reality this was not the case, as I haven't found any evidence for it. it's either completely staged from the ground up or was taken out of proportions, a couple of stray kids writing love messages to a Hezbollah leader on bombs... to demonize an entire country. Anywhoo I would question everything any media would tell me on pretty much anything, whether it's CNN BBC FOX news or whatever. That's one of the reasons I don't even have a TV. I do my own academic research if I want to base my opinion of facts, and TV news are not academic - they are entertainment for the masses.

To your question weapons/wars are always bad. But not only rifles are weapons, words like these ones are far worse weapons, as they incite to cause violence - as I just demonstrated.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 1:51 am

Pacifism is stupid. But people can have their beleifs.
I’m anti violence, I don’t kill things. I’ve never hunted, never will unless I have to to survive. I own firearms,swords and knives. I’ll use them to defend life. I’ve never been in a fight. I enjoy shooting targets and cleaning my firearms. I enjoy their different mechanisms. I enjoy their history. Humans are a violent species. I need to defend myself from violent people. Pacifist won’t defend themselves or others, they’d stand by as violence is committed I wouldn’t. I wish more people were anti violence.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 6:38 am

Weapons are the tools of violence;
all decent men detest them.

Tao Te Ching 31:1

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 7:16 am

Piobaire wrote:

"Excellent warriors are not violent.

Excellent soldiers are not furious.

Excellent conquerors do not engage.

Excellent leaders of people lower themselves.

This is called the virtue of no strife.

This is called the use of people's capacity.

This is called the union with Heaven.

It is the perfection of the ancients."

TTC, chapter 68.

Lao Tzu was not a pacifist.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 8:28 pm

Pacifists WILL defend themselves if they need to.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 8:57 pm

Piobaire wrote:

Well that's a nice completely untrue slogan. I'm an extremely nice & decent person who feels bad for killing ants, I have a gun. Guns can be used to protect yourself or others from bad people.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 9:06 pm

Chummy wrote:
Erewhon wrote:

The kids writing on those missiles are not writing "love messages for lebanese kids". When your opinion is based on fallacies it's easy to promote hate speech, as is done in that demonstration. While I don't support this whole kids near bombs thing, The messages written on the missiles according to the actual photos (there were several total in that photoshoot) are solely directed towards Hassan Nasrallah and not "innocent Lebanese kids" (you can partially see "(for)...Nasrallah with love from Israel"), leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist organization who ordered to fire rockets on northern Israeli towns/ killing innocent civilians among them people from the towns which these kids are from. These pics were taken at the time of the 2006 Hezbollah - Israeli war which triggered an Israeli invasion after a long period of barrages of rockets fired by Hezbollah from Lebanon on Israeli towns.

These kids were obviously a subject of a carefully planned photoshoot as seen from the photographer with the blue hat sitting behind them (while the other one taking the actual picture at the same time both from close range), so it's obviously intended to be used as a mean to an end, which is to make Israel appear bad as if this was a "state planned activity" which in reality this was not the case, as I haven't found any evidence for it. it's either completely staged from the ground up or was taken out of proportions, a couple of stray kids writing love messages to a Hezbollah leader on bombs... to demonize an entire country. Anywhoo I would question everything any media would tell me on pretty much anything, whether it's CNN BBC FOX news or whatever. That's one of the reasons I don't even have a TV. I do my own academic research if I want to base my opinion of facts, and TV news are not academic - they are entertainment for the masses.

To your question weapons/wars are always bad. But not only rifles are weapons, words like these ones are far worse weapons, as they incite to cause violence - as I just demonstrated.

Um. The facts you get from the IDF website really aren't facts. Israel's illegal occupation of parts of Lebanon Is what caused the attack. Israel got a beating so went home crying. They prefer to fight children throwing stones.

Israel's destruction of Lebanon in 1982 where they killed around 20,000 people in a matter of months is what created Hezbollah. Israel are the problem. We saw last year Israeli soldiers picking out a child target and shooting them in the face, then celebrating. The regime is out of control.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 4:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Pacifists WILL defend themselves if they need to.

This is not universally true. Practitioners of absolute pacifism will do no violence, neither in self-defence nor in defence of others.

And people who abjure and detest violence here should maybe try doing so somewhere where others aren't already standing ready to do violence on their behalf.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 5:34 am

Crimadella wrote:
Piobaire wrote:

Well that's a nice completely untrue slogan. I'm an extremely nice & decent person who feels bad for killing ants, I have a gun. Guns can be used to protect yourself or others from bad people.

You shoot ants with a gun? Do you aim for the body or the head?

Pedantry alert: I am aware that with an ant the choice would be head, thorax or abdomen.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 5:49 am

The names who are giving to weapons are in a certain way also 'writing on boms-weapons'
This way of writing i accept, but not when the name of the weapon is named against victems of genocide.
The mind of Noam Chomsky i like very much, he is honest, he is extreme clever, he is peacefull. And he have a eye for everybody. In several ways i see him as Albert Einstein.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 6:03 am

Trueno wrote:

Pedantry alert: I am aware that with an ant the choice would be head, thorax or abdomen.

Nah, the ethical kill of an ant would be the thorax, preferrably straight from the side (curiously analog to the proper shot placement on a moose). Brain is too small and high in the head to reliably hit from the front, and obscured by the thorax from the back and side (plus, the head is mobile), and the main nerve connection in the abdomen is low, obscured by the hind legs and close to the main stomach. You don't want to hit the stomach; it's a painful and slow way to die, and stomach contents spoils the meat.

Like so:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 6:40 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Trueno wrote:

Nah, the ethical kill of an ant would be the thorax, preferrably straight from the side (curiously analog to the proper shot placement on a moose). Brain is too small and high in the head to reliably hit from the front, and obscured by the thorax from the back and side (plus, the head is mobile), and the main nerve connection in the abdomen is low, obscured by the hind legs and close to the main stomach. You don't want to hit the stomach; it's a painful and slow way to die, and stomach contents spoils the meat.

Like so:

That's the post of the week for me.

Do you have to make much of an ajustment between shooting an ant and shooting a moose? I don't much about shooting stuff myself

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 6:59 am

Trueno wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Piobaire wrote:

I have a 9mm, where I peg him doesn't matter as the bullet is probably 20 times bigger than the ant, at the least. Lol, gotta defend my turf. Though I was referring to chemical warfare, ant spray. If I actually shot an ant I would imagine people would mostly be concerned with my sanity. :D