Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 12:16 pm

Bruce Springsteen, the working class hero.
Very brave person when it comes to human rights.
Springsteen did boycott concerts to support LBGT right, and refuse to play in a apartheids-regime in the middle east.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 6:32 am

Today 30 years ago the Berlin wall fell. The people in the video below were not allowed to experience it. They had to pay for their desire for freedom with their lives. The wall who did follow after ww2. This war did cost 72 million humans live.

There is still 1 kilometer piece of Berlin wall between Warschauer Straße and Ostbahnhof. Because of my slow pace, it still takes more than 27 minutes. This wall is a kind of open-air museum with its paintings and peace quotes.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 6:37 am

Jimi Hendrix playing a national anthem.

He actually made the sound of planes coming, bombs being dropped, explosion and people crying and machine guns with his guitar. Very clever as a anti war message. Listen to it closely.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 6:33 am

The weaponless ( pacifism ) war against ( Global ) Capitalism and other forms of injustice.

The artist Bansky i like. The way he open the minds of victems of capitalism is pure and honest.
Only paper and paint, he dont need more to create awereness. PiS in Poland, Orban in Hungary and Maduro in Venuzuela do it there way. I like it the creative way from Bansky

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 10:11 am

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:43 pm

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

On television and in books I had once see that mountain with the lion in Waterloo through my eyes. I had never been there physically until a few weeks ago. The madness of smashing each other's skulls for religious, nationalist or ideological reasons also existed more than 200 years ago. In that prospect, there was nothing new under the sun with the world today, history will teach us nothing, according to Sting. Charles Darwin was in his childhood when this massacre took place. Even at that time they already had an ambulance to transport the wounded fighters, down near that mountain was a kind of handcart that functioned as an ambulance at the time, quite sinister.
When I was on top of the mountain I saw chews / crows flying back and forth, this scene reminded me of a piece of lyrics by Harrie Jekkers.

"And the birds fly from East to West Berlin, are not whistled back, not even shot, because sometimes they want to be in the east and sometimes also in the west, because there is bread at the Memorial Church and sometimes at Alexander Square"

Downstairs in a round room you can see a panoramic painting of the battlefield, killing people, dead horses, and the sounds of dying people. In the underground museum I missed the atrocities of war. I understand that the bloodshed was a long time ago, it is not a recent war. But in the shop you can buy all kinds of souvenirs that glorify warlord Napoleon Bonaparte :? . Well, I think that's a kind of falsification of history. As for that lion, a lion looking sternly towards the 'enemy' I would place a hand, an outstretched hand reaching in all directions.

Phonetically, the place name Waterloo is quite Ecumenical. Water is water in Dutch and English, and Loo (pronounced L'eau) is water in French.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2020, 1:58 pm

No matter how much of a pacifist you are it doesn't matter to the bad guy with a gun who is trying to kill you.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2020, 2:03 am

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2020, 6:23 am

Chummy wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
There are some weapons topics deleted. So it time for a new one.

I start with a sad picture, actuataly are there happy pictures of weapons. :?:
Soldiers ( in my view it are terrorist and not soldiers ) who allowed and teach little children to hater other humans by writing on bombs :(

Next picture is more positive.

The kids writing on those missiles are not writing "love messages for lebanese kids". When your opinion is based on fallacies it's easy to promote hate speech, as is done in that demonstration. While I don't support this whole kids near bombs thing, The messages written on the missiles according to the actual photos (there were several total in that photoshoot) are solely directed towards Hassan Nasrallah and not "innocent Lebanese kids" (you can partially see "(for)...Nasrallah with love from Israel"), leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist organization who ordered to fire rockets on northern Israeli towns/ killing innocent civilians among them people from the towns which these kids are from. These pics were taken at the time of the 2006 Hezbollah - Israeli war which triggered an Israeli invasion after a long period of barrages of rockets fired by Hezbollah from Lebanon on Israeli towns.

These kids were obviously a subject of a carefully planned photoshoot as seen from the photographer with the blue hat sitting behind them (while the other one taking the actual picture at the same time both from close range), so it's obviously intended to be used as a mean to an end, which is to make Israel appear bad as if this was a "state planned activity" which in reality this was not the case, as I haven't found any evidence for it. it's either completely staged from the ground up or was taken out of proportions, a couple of stray kids writing love messages to a Hezbollah leader on bombs... to demonize an entire country. Anywhoo I would question everything any media would tell me on pretty much anything, whether it's CNN BBC FOX news or whatever. That's one of the reasons I don't even have a TV. I do my own academic research if I want to base my opinion of facts, and TV news are not academic - they are entertainment for the masses.

To your question weapons/wars are always bad. But not only rifles are weapons, words like these ones are far worse weapons, as they incite to cause violence - as I just demonstrated.

Those missiles didn't hit Nasrallah nor any Hezbollah leader (I don't mind if they do, I wish death for those Iran's puppets / occupation force too), but it hit kids and infrastructure.

It's funny how Israel destroyed everything in Lebanon 2006 .... except Hezbollah.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2020, 2:40 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Trueno wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
Weapons are the tools of violence;
all decent men detest them.

Tao Te Ching 31:1

Well that's a nice completely untrue slogan. I'm an extremely nice & decent person who feels bad for killing ants, I have a gun. Guns can be used to protect yourself or others from bad people.

You shoot ants with a gun? Do you aim for the body or the head?

Pedantry alert: I am aware that with an ant the choice would be head, thorax or abdomen.[/quote

I have a 9mm, where I peg him doesn't matter as the bullet is probably 20 times bigger than the ant, at the least. Lol, gotta defend my turf. Though I was referring to chemical warfare, ant spray. If I actually shot an ant I would imagine people would mostly be concerned with my sanity. :D

Talk about 'over kill'. Try using this sort of "a salt rifle". :lol:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 3:13 am

A soldier went to his General. There is sand in my food General

The General to the soldier Stop complaining, you are here to protect the country

Soldier to the General Your right General, but i am not here to eat my country

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 10:23 am

Erewhon wrote:
A soldier went to his General. There is sand in my food General

The General to the soldier Stop complaining, you are here to protect the country

Soldier to the General Your right General, but i am not here to eat my country

What am I missing?

I dont get it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 10:47 am

Erewhon wrote:
Today 30 years ago the Berlin wall fell. The people in the video below were not allowed to experience it. They had to pay for their desire for freedom with their lives. The wall who did follow after ww2. This war did cost 72 million humans live.

There is still 1 kilometer piece of Berlin wall between Warschauer Straße and Ostbahnhof. Because of my slow pace, it still takes more than 27 minutes. This wall is a kind of open-air museum with its paintings and peace quotes.

What does this stuff about the Berlin Wall have to do with pacifism?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 6:40 am

Weapons and war have unfortunely very much to do with the Berlin Wall.

Below you see the weapon where John Lennon was killed, 40 years ago. My confidence in Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Erdogan, Poetin is very low when it comes to weapons.

Below som good art-work, but when this art dont leads to lesser weapons its a empty art-work.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2020, 12:31 am

Son of Sam also had a Charter Arms revolver. I wonder if he meat Chapman in Attica.