Page 2 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 7:00 am

Trueno wrote:
That's the post of the week for me.

Do you have to make much of an ajustment between shooting an ant and shooting a moose? I don't much about shooting stuff myself

Thank you :D

I say curiously because on moose you aim for the lungs, and ants don't really have lungs. But shock and trauma to the nervous system would seem like the fastest and least-painful way to kill it, and the cleanest shot to that spot seems to be the same place as on a moose (middle of the center third of the animal, and about halfway from the center of that third towards the head). Also, since ants have their skeletons on the outside you'd probabably have to use hard-tipped ammunition rather than the hollow-points used for moose.

So, should you by happenstance encounter a walking violation of the square-cube law and have a rifle handy, you now have some idea about how to go about hunting it ethically....

:lol:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 7:02 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Trueno wrote:
You shoot ants with a gun? Do you aim for the body or the head?

Pedantry alert: I am aware that with an ant the choice would be head, thorax or abdomen.

Nah, the ethical kill of an ant would be the thorax, preferrably straight from the side (curiously analog to the proper shot placement on a moose). Brain is too small and high in the head to reliably hit from the front, and obscured by the thorax from the back and side (plus, the head is mobile), and the main nerve connection in the abdomen is low, obscured by the hind legs and close to the main stomach. You don't want to hit the stomach; it's a painful and slow way to die, and stomach contents spoils the meat.

Like so:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I ever choose to kill an ant with a magnifying glass and a straight pin, lol.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 8:17 am

Buffy Sainte-Marie is a child from ancestors who survived the biggest genocide in human hystory.
She did write "the universal soldier" A peace song who is covered by many artist.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 2:55 pm

I don't have much time for pacifists. It's an inherently ridiculous philosophy that can only really thrive inside a tolerant human bubble that rejects their ideas, a bit like freeganism or polygamous Mormonism.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 10:26 am

I for one welcome our AI overlords.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 9:46 am

For many years i love the music from Paul Simon. It started whit his album Graceland, and later i did get in touch with his older works with Art Garfunkel. A universal anti-war song is "The side of a hill"
Paul Simons voice is soft, but that soft voice create power in my mind.
I believe that music can ben a very good weapon, a weapon that really create peace and unity.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 10:08 am

Peace through strength.

Since the war of 1812, no foreign country has launched an attack on the U.S. mainland. More Americans died in the Civil War than in World War 2 and World War 1 combined.

The U.S. and the U.S.S.R. never went to war because of MAD. The U.S.S.R. never invaded China because while they have the nuclear stockpile of 10,000 nukes to obliterate China 10 times over, China's 30 nukes were deemed by Soviet Leaders to be able to cause "an unacceptable amount of damage."

Some of the most violent countries in the world have the least advanced weaponry. I'm struggling to find the statistics right now (either supporting or against) but I believe on a world wide basis most violent deaths are caused by knives/machetes.

My belief on pacifism is something akin to "Speak Softly and Carry A Big Stick."

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2019, 2:14 pm

Weapons Pacifism Capitalism

tres amigos.. mano a mano ..

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2019, 7:58 pm

eilishbillie987 wrote:
Weapons Pacifism Capitalism

tres amigos.. mano a mano ..

por siempre ..

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 10:16 am

Quote:
"They gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one"

Maybe i am strange, but the world i am living in is also strange when i think of the qoute. The qoute is from Leonard Matlovich. The last part of the qoute is very wrong and evil, but the first part is that also to accept a medal for killing other humans.

Also a deep shame that Bradley Manning did get punisched to show war-crimes to the world.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 2:46 pm

Because i dont follow the USA media i have a question. Is there any critical word in the commercial-media about Joe Biden because he did support the war-criminal Ariel Sharon at his funeral :?:

In my next post something about Bruce Springsteen, but now something about brave artist who support the more brave bradley Manning. At the fake-news-media as CNN these songs shall not be showed.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c

Two Ways of Life; Real Man Syndrome; And Little Man Syndrome.

'Real Men' are Strong Enough; And Yes Confident Enough where
they Carry Themselves With A Grace of Fearless that is a bit beyond
Reproach as far as the Statistics of an Offender coming into 3 Feet of Space.
Real Men are Naturally Pacifists as other Men Stay out of their way 'in the Wild'.

'Little Men' Always Have something to prove; Namely their 'Manhood'; and this is not
just a Culturally induced Human Circumstance; it is deep in the Biology of Pain Closely
Associated With Pleasure; and Aggression closely Associated With Sexual Activity in our Brains too.

According to Social Science the Number one Factor that Women are Attracted to as far as 'Manly' Attributes
Goes is Fearless Confidence as the Number one Factor at 60 Percent; the Size of a 'Fat Wallet' is in the single
Digits; nah; this doesn't necessarily mean the Woman Will Marry the Confident Fearless 'Poor Man'; just who she would
most love to 'Bed', if she could have all her Desires Fulfilled up now; Yes, there are cultural factors that play big too.

Anyway; a Fearless Confident Man who carries himself with Grace gets the Most Looks of a Woman's Wandering Eye;
Biology 101, Happier for many more moments of their life; Yes, Fulfilled and Satisfied as they make the Rank of
Evolutionary Biology Success of Self Esteem in Being Wanted so much more by the 'Fairer Gender' than their
'Little Men' Counter 'parts'.

When 'You' 'Make' a Man like that and match that up with a Great Foundation of Grace and Love For all that Fearless
Will and Strength; what you may get is much more than a 'Psychopath'; what a Woman may get now is her
Dream a 'Super Hero' too; hehe.

When that Happens Women much younger than 'you'; that you may meet at a Dance Hall may tell you Straight to
Your Face they would Love to Marry you; even 3 to 4 Decades younger; all legal and tender over 18 too.

Seriously; who wants
to get in a fight
with a Life
like this.

I'll stick with Pacifist as long as no one dares cross my path, in real life of course as there is no risk to do that
carrying a Faceless Avatar online. I've never seen a 'Real Man' without a 'Face', 'Scars' tend to be fewer too as that
goes too.

It's kinda 'funny' when i start out with a Free Style Ballet Routine at a Military Gym; which is really Just Free Style
Tai Chi as a Martial Art to get complete control of my Body; Integrating Senses and Regulating Emotions; staying
totally calm and fearless next while i Leg Press 1340 American Pounds 18 Reps; 20 Reps last night as i got a bit
more rest than Usual before that. Anyway; a Mix of Both means unpredictability (chaos) in what may come next.
When i do fight there are no rules; i don't 'need' to fight that is my rule.

A Greatest Martial Artist Never gets in a Fight; Whether or not they Train to Physically Fight or not.

As Far as Country and World go, i don't try to change what i cannot. Nature Consumes Nature; it's
not always Pretty and Blood Will continue to Flow as long as there is a way to make it leak. But not unlike
Muhammad Ali; ain't got no scars on my Face; Float Like a Butterfly Never even need to Sting; but dam sure will;
if
need be.
i don't need to carry a Gun;
i don't care to carry a Gun;
So i do not carry a Gun;
Folks confuse me for Law
Enforcement everywhere i go;
And even 'the Terminator'; hehe, occasionally too; (trivia note: Arnold/Muhammad Ali Did Ballet too)
Everywhere i go folks assume i carry a Gun; Some Days 'A Look' is more Powerful than a Weapon that is so true too.
And there are even other Days where Poetry is more effective than any Man Part 'Sizes' hehe as far as 'Weapons' go, too.

Both "Superman" and "Batman" Wear Briefs and Nylon Stockings as Part of their Super Hero Attire; ever notice how
no one makes fun of them, this way; Secrets in Plain Sight; the Message is Clear, the Foundation of Real Will and
Strength As 'Divine Masculine' Is A Divine Feminine of Grace in Balance of Love; the Greatest Force that any Real Leader
has still is Empathy and Mercy for those who are obviously Weaker than the Stronger ones among Us;
A Real Alpha Male who is seen as Leader among the Majority of Well Emotionally Regulating and Sensory
Integrating Other Monkeys is A Head Alpha Monkey With Will and Strength and Grace and Love For All.

The Idea that an Alpha Male is anything alike a 'Trump' is a myth at "Least", according to Frans de Waal,
who Actually Studied Alpha Male Apes out in the Wild; Empathy and Love comes First still from 'Bottom Up'.

The Video Below is Fascinating; Well Worth a See for anyone wondering what it means to be a 'Real Alpha Male Ape'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsSKKL8N0s

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2019, 5:05 am

Thank you Bernie Sanders. :cry:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 8:43 am

At every 100 people in the Netherlands there are 128 bikes.
At every 100 people in the USA there are 121 weapons.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm

A antiwar song with english subtitles in the video.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2019, 12:34 pm

Some weeks ago i have visit Berlin. Almost every street have a connection with war.