Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 8:35 pm

Why singers can have different music than before?

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:03 am

Because all things change with the passage of time?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:19 am

Well some artists start with one thing and venture into another.

I mean a lot of musicians tend to get more progressive as they go. like maybe they started with a more specific style but have ventured beyond that.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 8:20 am

Musical growth? If artists keep releasing the same album every couple of years people will tire of them and stop listening to their records. At the same time, there is also the risk of going too far away from their usual material and upsetting their existing fanbase. It can be a very difficult balance to get right.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 9:19 pm

I'd think age has a lot to do with it, ie. when they started and when they stopped. A lot of people go through major development through their 20's and that can leave em worlds different at the back end of their 20's than the front.

A great example of that last thought would be tracking Faith No More and Mike Patton from 1989 to 1997, I had friends asking me when watching later videos what they did with the guy who sang Epic - lol, I'd say 'gave him more strings'. I think Mike Patton was 21 back in 1989? Holding up The Real Thing against King For a Day Fool For A Lifetime or Album of the Year - you can see a progression but it's clearly not the progression that would have occurred to you when The Real Thing first came out, or even Angel Dust for that matter.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 10:26 pm

What are you even asking?

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 4:24 pm

many reasons.

Artistic exploration mostly, sometimes wanting to reach a wider audience, sometimes it's a question of $$ and what will sell well.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:42 pm

thewrll wrote:
What are you even asking?

this