Why would anyone vomit pure hatred about fictional people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Planetarium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2019, 2:17 am

I seriously don't understand it... like, I can't even bring myself to even dislike the obviously worst kind of personalities... but nobody knows irony apparently, today I found someone with a list of whoever they wanted to punch... guess who they have in a separate 'hate list'? Super-sadist Ishihara from Rainbow... oh, like, he isn't their role model? These testosterone-infused freaks don't even know consistency. Ishihara would be easy to 'dislike' (or at least ever like, maybe understand in the latter episodes), but 'dislike' (or 'hate' in their aggressive minds) only if you're a pacifist and hate violence... or maybe that is too logical for these thugs masquerading as anime watchers. I suppose it's always better than going in the real world and stabbing others, but... still, all this online hate, even if only for fictional characters (although I'm sure they spill bile directed at who knows how many real people too)... could surely translate into repercussions in the outside world? I guess they can be the misogynistic f***s all they want with 2D representations of drawings that happen to appear 'female' (as if art is gendered)... but if they end up murdering a real person they will go to jail for life... at best... as even in some 'modern' countries (ha, more like 'efficient mass-shooting countries' modern) they'll end up dead themselves, which I suppose some will think is deserving (although not the same f***s who are merely a step away from murder themselves and solely, for now, worship such people)... although, in the end, enacting the same action won't solve the prior one...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 2:33 am

Well why don't you read the Game of Thrones books aka 'A song of Ice and Fire'...and/or watch the show. I mean do both the books are amazing and the show is great.

If you don't come to hate any characters in the show/books, than you are truly insane though, because there are some horrible piece of sh*t characters. Seriously though I think you might enjoy it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 2:43 am

by efficient mass shooting countries do you mean the U.S.A, because, well there have been a lot of mass shootings, and/or school shootings in this country.

Planetarium
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2019, 3:37 am

Where else... the only country that thinks more guns than people works with nowhere else coming even remotely close in stats. I've been unlucky in life, but at least not enough unlucky to be born where being a soldier is safer than a student...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 4:01 am

Planetarium wrote:
Where else... the only country that thinks more guns than people works with nowhere else coming even remotely close in stats. I've been unlucky in life, but at least not enough unlucky to be born where being a soldier is safer than a student...

Another fun fact, we have one of the highest incarceration rates in the world...seriously, not even joking.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 12:12 pm

I came to hate the character of Colonel Miles Quaritch in Avatar, even though I like the actor who portrayed him (Stephen Lang). He was only concerned with total victory, and not for anyone whom he considered 'weak'.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 9:08 am

because people get really involved in the movie/series/book/manga etc

and sometimes because the fictional character reminds them of unpleasant real people they have encountered

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 9:19 am

Sometimes the fictional characters are just so damned nasty that you can't help but hate them.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 10:31 pm

I think you get so caught up in the story you tend to take a dislike to the character.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 9:25 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
I think you get so caught up in the story you tend to take a dislike to the character.
... which is a sign of good writing, casting, directing and acting.

Many actors love to play villains because the role allows them to extend their range of expression. Some actors are so good at playing the villain that you gotta wonder how they are in real life (turns out that most of the ones I've met are really nice).

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 12:34 am

Fnord wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
... which is a sign of good writing, casting, directing and acting.

Many actors love to play villains because the role allows them to extend their range of expression. Some actors are so good at playing the villain that you gotta wonder how they are in real life (turns out that most of the ones I've met are really nice).

Yes actors that play villains are usually the opposite in real life, there are a few who played villains in some of our shows here that are the nicest people in real life.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 11:34 pm

When I was a kid, one summer my mom was watching the All My Children soap opera, when a particularly nasty character was laughing sadistically at another character who he had humiliated, when my mom suddenly leaped out of her chair and started yelling at the evil TV character! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:18 pm

One of the hallmarks of good writing is to be able to induce emotions in the reader/viewer. You're supposed to write characters in a way so as to engender emotions and when it comes to villains it's usually either pity for a tragic villain or disgust/hatred for an unrepentant monster. Apathy towards characters and situations in a story isperfect indicator that the writer screwed up.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin