Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 9:17 pm

The staples are a recommendation, that would be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Super Mario Oddyssey

Maybe also check out games you had missed, like perhaps Bayonetta, the 2nd game comes with the first on the Switch. Maybe seem odd that I give a recommendation of Bayonetta to a female gamer, some people get the idea that she and her games is just meant to be titillation along the lines of looking at a stripper on screen or something, but she is actually a really cool character who I like to think of as empowered by being a woman and such. She is cheesy, but kind of in the same way as Dante of Devil May Cry is as a man. I also think that a love of fighting games might translate well into the game, and just play on an easier difficulty.

A game I really liked that got ported over to the Switch as a definitive edition, is Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition. Although, I probably think you would get the most out of it if you are already a Zelda fan, and meant to be a game that is chipped away at. It has fun combos you would find in a fighting game, with mostly done on large groups of enemies.

You can't really go wrong with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, whether casual or competitive.

I would love to recommend Splatoon 2, it does have a single player mode that doesn't require multiplayer, which does need a subscription. Whether it is worth the full amount just for the single player could be debatable, although it is pretty much all I play with it. The DLC though is really good of a single player experience, that would certainly be worth checking out, but it is also kind of pretty hard, especially if you want to beat it all without skipping, which it does allow if something is too difficult. I would say that it can come down to how interested you might be in its style.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 11:01 pm

Final fantasy x. Great story, strategic game play (when it comes out on switch)

elarue
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2019, 11:58 pm

Hard to recommend without knowing what kind of games you're into. But I personally got the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2, and I've enjoyed playing through all ten Mega Man games again. I'm going to try to talk my wife into getting me the Mega Man X Legacy Collection (which I haven't played any of) or Mega Man 11 for my birthday. :-D

elarue
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2019, 11:58 pm

enz wrote:
Final fantasy x. Great story, strategic game play (when it comes out on switch)

Oh yes! I want to get FF7 - if my wife will let me. :-)

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 12:09 pm

I have Final Fantasy XII on PS4 but I'll probably get X/X-2 and Tales of Vesperia on the Switch because I can take the console with me. My current Switch library consists of Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Super Mario Party, I also want to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.