Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2019, 6:32 pm

I really struggle sometimes to eat in front of people, even if they're eating at the same time.
I panic, and can't swallow for fear of choking.
I just wondered if anyone else experiences anything similar? :(

Thank you

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Mar 2019, 2:06 am

I used to hate eating in front of my parents & would wait till after they left the kitchen to eat because they would criticize the way I ate.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 10:54 am

Different dipshits have had the nerve to tell me:

:heart: "what, they don't have food in your country?"

:mrgreen: "you wiped your mouth with your sleeve!"

:lol: "you bit the sticker off the apple!"

Idiots have nothing better to do, than criticize my eating habits

As if they were perfect

Ha..

Idiots should see me eat a kit Kat

Some b***h saw me eating a yam and she had the nerve to look me up and down and roll her eyes

Maybe she was being rude, not me

Some penis had the nerve to tell me that "that s**t stank". It was just going to take thirty seconds to eat it

(It was daikon. Chinese vegetable). :roll: racism :heart:

f**k those ass holes. They act like they have a moral right to be happy at all times and whenever they are not happy, someone must have violated their stupidass "rights"

:roll:

While I do not want to choke, if I do, it does not matter if anyone sees

What I do not like is "are you ok?", As if they are so "helpful". :wink:

EndlessStorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2019, 2:43 am

I never eat in front of people. I've had an anxiety about it since kindergarten when two kids made fun of the way I ate. When I'm eating with my family, I'm always sitting in a recliner with a pillow propped up to keep me hidden.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2019, 4:23 am

EndlessStorm wrote:
I never eat in front of people. I've had an anxiety about it since kindergarten when two kids made fun of the way I ate. When I'm eating with my family, I'm always sitting in a recliner with a pillow propped up to keep me hidden.

it's awful because it's so socially isolating :( I'd love to enjoy a meal relaxing with people but when I try it nothing could be scarier.

EndlessStorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2019, 2:20 pm

Map84 wrote:
it's awful because it's so socially isolating :( I'd love to enjoy a meal relaxing with people but when I try it nothing could be scarier.

I know what you mean. I've tried it before but I feel so uncomfortable that I have to put the pillow back up or retreat to my room.

bluebutterfly91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2019, 3:29 am

I can eat in front of my very close family members, but I cannot eat in front of coworkers or really anyone I don't feel super close too. When I am forced to in certain situations, I get very anxious and have trouble just cutting food up and getting it to my mouth. Then I overly focus on how I am chewing and have trouble swallowing. I am not the neatest of eaters and strongly prefer to only eat in front of my immediate family.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 5:15 pm

It doesn't bother me as long as I don't have to talk to these people I'm eating in front of.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2019, 12:54 pm

bluebutterfly91 wrote:
I can eat in front of my very close family members, but I cannot eat in front of coworkers or really anyone I don't feel super close too. When I am forced to in certain situations, I get very anxious and have trouble just cutting food up and getting it to my mouth. Then I overly focus on how I am chewing and have trouble swallowing. I am not the neatest of eaters and strongly prefer to only eat in front of my immediate family.

I'm just the same, all of a sudden I can't swallow, however much I chew the stupid food :(

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2019, 7:18 pm

Map84 wrote:
I really struggle sometimes to eat in front of people, even if they're eating at the same time.
I panic, and can't swallow for fear of choking.
I just wondered if anyone else experiences anything similar? :(

Thank you

Sometimes. Other times I have to sit with people to eat. It varies.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm

A couple of idiots had the nerve to ask me if I was vegetarian (no). As if omnivores have to constantly be eating meat

Someone asked if I was anorexic

What you are eating, how you are eating it

Hardly ever think about choking

"Choke" , Chuck palachunuik , book about a failed medical school student that goes to expensive restaurants and purposely chokes.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2019, 6:44 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
A couple of idiots had the nerve to ask me if I was vegetarian (no). As if omnivores have to constantly be eating meat

Someone asked if I was anorexic

What you are eating, how you are eating it

Hardly ever think about choking

"Choke" , Chuck palachunuik , book about a failed medical school student that goes to expensive restaurants and purposely chokes.

It’s so annoying when people comment. People say things when I eat plain vegetables, even though vegetables are good for you. I think they just wish they could bring themselves to eat plain vegetables :wink:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 7:47 am

Idiots act like they are trying to make conversation and they act like I was Curt

Idiots told me something is "healthy" or not :twisted: . It doesn't matter to them if its healthy. Ass holes.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2019, 12:53 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Idiots act like they are trying to make conversation and they act like I was Curt

Idiots told me something is "healthy" or not :twisted: . It doesn't matter to them if its healthy. Ass holes.

OMG people give me such a hard time when I eat healthy. People have asked me if I'm a vegetarian for eating a salad with chicken on it--it had chicken on it! But apparently, eating salad makes you a vegetarian. Eat anything healthy, even if it has meat, or anything vegetarian for just one meal, and people will give you a hard time because you're not a carnivore.

I don't eat a lot of meat, and I could easily be a vegetarian if I weren't concerned about possibly overcompensating and eating like an average meat-devouring American a year later--that can happen! A lot of people just call that "healthy" or "eating light."

Eating vegetables or salad in front of people gets you comments.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 2:23 pm

Do any of you put your hand in front of your mouth when you're eating and you speak? I have a sibling who does that and it's probably only because its a sibling, but it bugs me and only because it's distracting. Hide face, not, hide face, not, hide face, not, etc.