Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 2:11 am

The most difficult part is not using social media, because I just don't want to put my information online. I don't want to find friends that are toxic/manipulative and I have unusual hobbies. Best situation would be I find people who are either similar or accepting of my shortcomings. Lots of us on here would probably end up being friends but geography is a major obstacle.

How would you go about finding a specific group of friends?

HowlinMad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2019, 3:49 am

Hey buddy. I've found it easier to start with your interests and go from there. Found plenty of mates at jiu jitsu, been training with them for three years now. Also consoles like xbox are a great start with whole clubs on there devoted to single games that people enjoy. hope my two cents helped? :D

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 3:53 am

HowlinMad wrote:
Hey buddy. I've found it easier to start with your interests and go from there. Found plenty of mates at jiu jitsu, been training with them for three years now. Also consoles like xbox are a great start with whole clubs on there devoted to single games that people enjoy. hope my two cents helped? :D

Thanks! I am currently trying to figure out some means of narrowing down the interests. I suppose I could try and find the most prominent interest and sort of vet people until I find the right people. From there it would just be some effort to maintain the relationships. I haven't had any real friendships in 9 years so I'll have to figure some things out.

I suppose this leaves me with another question. Is it possible to find friends who just want to spend time with each other without having to give or get something?

HowlinMad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2019, 4:18 am

Don't all friendships and relationships rely on some groundwork of give and take though?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 5:36 am

SWET which is Spiritual Welfare Effectiveness Training. SWET has groups. Check www.swet.org
P.S. You have to be careful everywhere but I heard this is a good group. But still be careful out there. :heart: :)