How do I know when I'm ready to start dating?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Toaster_fire
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2019, 8:36 pm

Hi, possibly garbage question but couldn't find answer so here it is.
So to start, I know that I am currently not ready yet. I still have a lot to work on with myself before I'm ready to make step. Currently I have a lot of confidence issues, I'm not always emotionally available, I'm a bit too pessimistic, I'm not very affectionate, I am awkward in communication etc.

I know that if I wait until I'm perfect to try to date, then I'll never start because I will never be perfect. So where I'm getting at is, when in this list do I say "now I have accomplished enough to start looking into being romantically involved"?

Furthermore, when I reach said point, what's next? How do I even go about such a complicated task.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

I didn't think I was ready for a realtionship & I didn't even want a realtionship until I stumbled into my 1st one at 20. We were really good online friends who had a lot of things in common. I realized I liked her 1ce she told me she liked me. I've had a strong desire for another realtionship after my 1st realtionship fell apart. I knew I had my issues but I believed I could work on them within a realtionship & maybe even better than I could single thou I was still trying to work on myself while I was single too thou. My point is that you may be ready for a realtionship when you meet the rite person. Don't make looking for someone a priority over working on yourself but you could be open to meeting & getting to know people while working on yourself.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition