Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 5:44 pm

I'm wondering who uses CBD oil here? What do you use it for? How much and how often do you take it?

I'm looking into it as a natural depression treatment. I've read that it can also treat anxiety, inflammation, chronic pain conditions and migraines. I've seen a few people on here say they use it for their anxiety.

My friend told me she uses it for her migraines. I have migraines but not as bad as her. But if I spend $70+ on this oil, I'm using it for everything.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 6:04 pm

I think its really a YMMV (your milage may vary) thing. I know people who swear by it for several things, and others (like myself) it didn't do anything I could detect. But I'm like that with lots of things. Melatonin does nothing for me, others like it.

Perhaps you need to try it for yourself?

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2019, 6:28 pm

I have been investigating CBD for anxiety and it seems there is a lot of hype and money changing hands. I tend to believe drugs are not the answer although I am curious nonetheless.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 8:50 am

DanielW wrote:
I think its really a YMMV (your milage may vary) thing. I know people who swear by it for several things, and others (like myself) it didn't do anything I could detect. But I'm like that with lots of things. Melatonin does nothing for me, others like it.

Agreed. Melatonin gives me horrible nightmares. I just wanted to hear from others who had personally used it instead of just reading articles about it online.

grahambaster wrote:
I have been investigating CBD for anxiety and it seems there is a lot of hype and money changing hands. I tend to believe drugs are not the answer although I am curious nonetheless.

In my research I've found that CBD oil is derived from hemp, contains 0.3% of the substance or less. It is not psychoactive, addictive, and does not cause hallucinations. So it's not a drug. This is why I'm considering it.

If it contains more than 0.3% it's considered to be derived from the marijuana plant. But I'm referring to the hemp version, which is legal in all 50 states (the other is not).

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 1:31 pm

BrokenPieces wrote:
DanielW wrote:

Agreed. Melatonin gives me horrible nightmares. I just wanted to hear from others who had personally used it instead of just reading articles about it online.

grahambaster wrote:

In my research I've found that CBD oil is derived from hemp, contains 0.3% of the substance or less. It is not psychoactive, addictive, and does not cause hallucinations. So it's not a drug. This is why I'm considering it.

If it contains more than 0.3% it's considered to be derived from the marijuana plant. But I'm referring to the hemp version, which is legal in all 50 states (the other is not).

It isn't legal in Ohio without a prescription. I've never tried hemp oil, just high CBD cannabis oil.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2019, 7:38 pm

BrokenPieces wrote:
It is not psychoactive, addictive, and does not cause hallucinations. So it's not a drug.

a drug is a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body, used as a medication, intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.

Possible harmful effects of CBD:

"Safety studies of cannabidiol showed it is well-tolerated, but may cause tiredness, diarrhea, or changes in appetite as common adverse effects. Epidiolex documentation lists sleepiness, insomnia and poor quality sleep, decreased appetite, diarrhea, and fatigue."

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 11:04 pm

I don't take CBD but I know someone that does (for nerve damage/pain, anxiety, stress) and I've been looking into it for my horse (arthritis).

I was surprised a bit with just how much there is to know about it. Some CBD makers will have recommended dosing - others, such as your more backyard CBD makers won't. But it's generally recommended to start small, create a base of that and then increase as needed in the same manner. The frequency I've seen most is twice a day or after 4 to 8 hours. But if you're taking it for anxiety and you don't have anxiety all the time then it may make more sense to only use before you may be headed to a anxiety provoking situation.

There are typically two types of CBD; one is targeted (for a specific issue) and Full spectrum. If you want it for everything that's the one you want to have.

Another thing to consider is different makers will use a different base for the CBD. Coconut oil, alcohol, hemp seed oil (not the same thing as CBD hemp oil) etc. So if you're allergic to..say Almonds, you'll want to make sure almond oil Isn't in the CBD you get.

Quote:
I've never tried hemp oil, just high CBD cannabis oil.

Hemp oil, CBD hemp oil, and get you high(THC) cannabis oil are all different things. CBD does not have THC (.3% or less) in it, which is why it doesn't make you high. If you're getting stoned on CBD, it's not CBD.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 5:25 am

Overpriced snake oil. Nothing more than the latest trendy placebo.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 6:27 am

Piobaire wrote:

Ah, but there is something to be said for the placebo effect.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 7:08 am

I noticed that in my neighborhood, stores that sell this oil seem to be questionable. Do you get my drift? Lot of money for a little, legal-limit buzz. Another way evil, greedy people fleece the masses. Oh yeah, "Product of Colorado".

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:25 am

Piobaire wrote:

So CBD has no medical value, interesting that Epidiolex which is essentially CBD isolate was approved by the FDA. Sorry but you are wrong, CBD isn't snake oil.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 4:12 am

BrokenPieces wrote:
DanielW wrote:

grahambaster wrote:

Well it is a drug, but its not a psychoactive drug for the most part, but if it does help anxiety it must do something mentally but it doesn't get you high like THC. Also CBD from a marijuana plant would not be different from CBD from a hemp plant...except there would probably have to be more extraction processes to extract the CBD specifically from marijuana as they would have to somehow separate it from the THC and other cannabinoids. Its just easier with hemp because hemp has much lower levels of THC than marijuana to begin with.

That said I have taken CBD oil and I feel it helped a little bit...but I also smoke cannabis which helps my anxiety and depression and though the CBD seemed a bit helpful kinda feels like maybe for me that is not the specific cannabinoid in marijuana that helps me the most...as doing just that part by itself did not seem as effective.

I mean I would kind of like to find what specific cannabinoid or terpenes in it help my depression and anxiety so I could like just take some of that specific bit and not necessarily get high. As that would help at work and in other situations where getting high isn't appropriate. I mean to be honest I am kind of waiting till people pick up on CBN, because apparently that has seditive/relaxing effects so I kind of wonder if maybe that would be more helpful than the CBD. But apparently THC can turn into CBN being exposed to air and sunlight over time can change the THC into CBN so realistically if I just leave my weed out in the sun than some of the THC will become CBN insead. And if leaving it out like that dries it out to where it's unplesant to smoke I could always just put it in a jar with some vodka or everclear and make a tincture though that would take time as it would have to sit for about a week.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Dec 2019, 11:19 pm

I tried some CBD gummies that tasted really good but I felt kinda weird like I was slightly on edge. I'm interested in trying them again thou but taking a higher dose of CBD to see how they'll affect me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 11:06 am

I've never used CBD oil. I use conventional prescription drugs instead.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Dec 2019, 5:57 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
I've never used CBD oil. I use conventional prescription drugs instead.
Same here except I have tried CBD gummies 1ce & am interested in trying them again even thou I noticed no positive effects. I've had some good luck with meds but I've had some bad luck too. What helped me was doing my own research & knowing my own body so I was able to turn the experience of meds not working for me(cuz they didn't help &/or had bad side-effects) into getting meds that help me with side-effects that I can deal with.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Krogoth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2020, 7:37 am

TBH, I don't use CBD oil itself. I tried to swallow it once - it's bitter as hell. I vaped it for a while, but then I've found out that it can cause lungs damage. Then there was a long search for proper CBD product. One day my friend Mark told me that he've found a good option - [url= /url]. They contain CBD, but they also taste good, he said. I tried it and I really liked it. Now I use it often. It helps me to sleep better. That's what I can tell you about CBD oil and how to use it.

Last edited by B19 on 28 May 2020, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spam