Tucker Carlson’s 2000s comments on women, girls

Page 1 of 7 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,288
Location: Long Island, New York

11 Mar 2019, 8:54 am

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize amid uproar over past comments on 'extremely primitive' women

Quote:
Fox News host Tucker Carlson refused to apologize after clips from old radio interviews in which Carlson made controversial remarks about women and child rape were circulated on social media Sunday.

Media Matters, a self-described "progressive media watchdog," published clips and transcripts from appearances Carlson made between 2006 and 2011 on a popular shock-jock radio program called "Bubba the Love Sponge."

In two appearances, Carlson jokingly downplayed the crimes of cult leader – and convicted child sex offender – Warren Jeffs. In other clips, he calls women "extremely primitive," says he feels "sorry for unattractive women," uses the c-word to describe a woman, calls one woman a "pig" and refers to two other women as "whores."

A defiant Carlson addressed the audio clips in a statement Sunday night, just hours after the Media Matters story ran.
“"Media Matters caught me saying something naughty on a radio show more than a decade ago," he said. "Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour. If you want to know what I think, you can watch. Anyone who disagrees with my views is welcome to come on and explain why."

Thanks to Twitter, people who were upset by his views did not have to wait to appear on his show to explain why they were outraged.

Carlson also had many defenders on social media, including President Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., who said "the left" is "going after" Carlson because "he's effective at destroying their agenda."

Actress Alana Stewart said Media Matters "only targets conservative hosts."

On adult women having sex with underage boys:

"Now, 13-year-old boys getting laid, not a bad thing. Thirteen-year-old girls getting laid, bad thing. Particularly if the 13-year-old girl is your daughter, right?" Carlson said in 2006. "Because when a 13-year-old boy is 35, he can barely remember the girls he slept with when he was 13 ... But a 13-year-old girl, when she's 35, she's still thinking about that guy. I mean, it's just a much deeper experience for girls at that age and they're not ready for that."

Carlson said adult women who have sex with boys "are doing a service to all 13-year-old girls by taking the pressure off. They are a pressure relief valve, like the kind you have on your furnace."

Calling for end of rape-shield laws

"If I'm alleging rape, I have the protection of anonymity. I can say whatever I want while hiding behind anonymity, while the person I accused, whether he's guilty or not, has his life destroyed. That's totally unfair," Carlson said in 2006.

Carlson did not agree that the elimination of the rape-shield laws would lead to fewer rapes being reported.

"Women seem to be adults to me. I mean, in other words, if you are grievously injured by another person, it's not your fault. I don't understand why, if you're an adult, you just can't get up and say, 'This is what the person did to me,'" he said.

Called Britney Spears and Paris Hilton 'whores'

In a clip from 2008, Carlson refers to celebrities Paris Hilton and Britney Spears as "two of the biggest white whores in America."

Called Arianna Huffington a 'pig'

"Oh my God, she's a pig," Carlson said 2006 in response to a question about Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington's criticism of his father.

On Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan's looks

"I feel sorry for unattractive women. I mean it’s nothing they did," Carlson said during a 2010 discussion of then-Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. "You know, she didn’t. Nobody deserves that. And men are just mean."

"Physically, the problems with her are fundamental. She’s never going to be an attractive woman."


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity


Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,619
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

11 Mar 2019, 9:33 am

This is that angry panda bear guy, right?

claiming 35 year olds are fine to have intercourse with 13 year olds?? He sounds like a very creepy individual.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

11 Mar 2019, 12:05 pm

Firstly a lot of what he said was tongue in cheek. Secondly this was a long time ago and he has grown as a person since then.

Most importantly this has everything to do with him being anti war, and most recently having Tulsi Gabbard on his show. Pretty much every single TV host has been beating the drums of war time and time again. Cheerleading for Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya. So let's drop the moral outrage.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,669
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Mar 2019, 9:39 pm

Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,759

12 Mar 2019, 1:00 am

Three things you need to know about Tucker Carlson
1. Carlson jokingly downplayed the crimes of cult leader – and convicted child sex offender – Warren Jeffs.

2. He also said "Now, 13-year-old boys getting laid, not a bad thing. "Because when a 13-year-old boy is 35, he can barely remember the girls he slept with when he was 13."

3. Thirteen-year-old girls getting laid, bad thing. Particularly if the 13-year-old girl is your daughter, right?"

Conclusion: Carlson thinks it's generally alright to be a paedophile, but raping little girls isn't so good but based on his point number 1. so long as the victim isn't your own daughter (point 3) then you "jokingly downplay the impact"



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,619
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

12 Mar 2019, 2:57 am

I don't know much about this Carlson guy as I am in the UK but I read yesterday that one of the ironies of this is that he specialises in looking at historical comments that politicians have made and then hammering them for it now. Apparently just last Friday he ran a piece focussing on something Bernie Sanders said decades ago and really slaughtered him for it....then this came out :lol:



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,759

12 Mar 2019, 3:08 am

I actually don't blame these high profile idiots like Carlson or Bannon or Limbaugh or Trump.

They simply preach to the converted. In other words there's millions of Americans who carry these ridiculous (and often vile) beliefs and feel confident to voice their dirty little beliefs on social media or twitter (anonymously of course) when Tucker Carlson makes them public.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

12 Mar 2019, 5:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

12 Mar 2019, 5:07 am

I'll repeat. One he wasn't being serious. Secondly no one said a word about Bill Maher and my thread with him saying bombing the Palestinians is necessary like slapping a women. And him saying Palestinians make themselves suffer. Everyone needs to get off their high horse.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,669
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Mar 2019, 5:56 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.


There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

12 Mar 2019, 8:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.


There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.


Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.
Which is garbage. He's against illegal immigration.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,347
Location: Smackass Gap, NC

12 Mar 2019, 9:52 am

So in addition to being a misogynist with pedophilic tendencies, he's also a religious bigot and racist.
What did you expect? He's a neo-Fascist propagandist for the Faux Newz Network.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

12 Mar 2019, 12:40 pm

Piobaire wrote:
So in addition to being a misogynist with pedophilic tendencies, he's also a religious bigot and racist.
What did you expect? He's a neo-Fascist propagandist for the Faux Newz Network.


:roll:

Political discussion really is dead.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,669
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Mar 2019, 3:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.


There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.


Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.
Which is garbage. He's against illegal immigration.


He called Iraqis illiterate monkeys who don't know how to use toilet paper or silver ware. (You could use the same description for Trump :twisted:.)
He's also chummy with obvious racists he has as guests on his show.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,048
Location: Palestine

12 Mar 2019, 5:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Carlson has gotten the endorsement of white nationalists in recent times for his Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim rhetoric, as well as for his chummy relationships he has with racists he has on his show. This is nothing surprising for me that a man who expresses race and religion hatred also despises women.


Blah blah. He's got 3 daughters and a wife. The panellists you watch and repeat from regularly crow to bomb women and children. No leg to stand on.


There are plenty of married men with daughters who hate women.
I had also mentioned how he dehumanizes non-whites on his show.


Well he doesn't hate women. He's being smeared for having Tulsi Gabbard on and being anti war in Syria especially.
Which is garbage. He's against illegal immigration.


He called Iraqis illiterate monkeys who don't know how to use toilet paper or silver ware. (You could use the same description for Trump :twisted:.)
He's also chummy with obvious racists he has as guests on his show.


I don't really care what he said 11-13 years ago. I care about people not supporting blowing up the world and its people like all of Carlson's enemies do. Anyone who's watches Bill Maher and repeats his talking points shouldn't be criticising others.
Which racists?


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"