Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 5:37 pm

Executive functioning, specifically organizing, prioritizing and planning. My skills in these areas are so weak that I have yet to successfully hold a job for more than a year or two before getting burned out or fired. Work tasks make me so confused, and I can't figure out how everyone else seems to just "know" what they're supposed to be doing.

Sensory issues are a massive barrier for me as well; I spend most of my time alone in my room, only going out for my appointments, because the world is too painful to deal with.

KanyeWestFan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2019, 1:45 am

At the moment, its dating

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:52 am

Being independent. Processing. Communicating. It's hard to settle on just one. It's all like a lump package.

Nonsense
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2019, 7:42 am

Executive function, foggy mind, getting tired easily.

Alterity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2019, 6:10 pm

At this stage of life I would say anxiety and depression or some branch off for those things.

Growing up it's hard to pin point just one thing. Other's ignorance and inability to help they way I needed was big as that has led to hampering me NOW also.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 8:20 pm

Executive functioning.

Gregory Alan Isakov

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 8:29 pm

One obstacle that still haunts me today is friendship.

I am bad at knowing when I am (or am not) annoying someone. Sometimes I think I am friends with someone, but then I come to realize that the feeling wasn't mutual. Other times I get fearful that people I know or work with don't like me or are just tolerating me, so I don't ask them to hang out even though I want to.

I would like to get better at both perceiving friendship and trusting my perception.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:57 am

I would guess social awkwardness. I struggled majorly to get a romantic realtionship when i was single partly cuz of that & it's also interfered with my ability to find work. If I wasn't as awkward I would of had more friends which might of helped me with finding a girlfriend or networking to find employment. I also would of done better in job interviews. I do have other disabilities that really limit me with employment including a couple physical 1s but there are jobs I CAN do & I believe I would of had a much better shot at getting those jobs if I wasn't as awkward. Being employed more could of helped me get a girlfriend cuz I might of met one through work or just having the job would of made me seem more appealing instead of me coming off as a loser for staying home collecting disability money for doing nutin. I also would of made better impressions with women if I wasn't as awkward.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

hmk66
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2019, 10:17 am

Actually understimulation. I want to be stimulated a lot, challenged to do complex things. It leads to travelling a lot, and to hunger for information.

And autism stigma. For the rest I feel that I am very mildly autistic, in a way that I don't experience disadvantige from it.

Glflegolas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2019, 8:57 am

Weak visual spatial skills (tested to be in the 10th percentile). Having very little idea of my own strength.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 8:53 pm

Sound sensitivity

CherryRCee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Mar 2019, 8:26 pm

tolerating changes and anxiety

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 9:18 pm

...Is being crippled or homeless :cry: ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 11:35 pm

The fact that I don't have a filter and I can be very honest with people.