Not wanting to what reminds me of yesterday:-(

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 11:09 pm

I am in the hospital. I do have Pandora and YouTube on my phone. - I have no working audio music players, itherwiss :(. I'm homeless, remember. I do have a cheap combination CD/turntable/etc. I bought during the 2018 windfall and some CDs & vinyl waiting for me for if I ever have a place.
I was very involved with music in the Twentieth Century. Being homeless cuts your access to music off. I wanted to be involved with " indie music ", but .y n( with me never having gone to uni I member had that areo :) :| :( . I was, feeling, I a
W
was
will unwilling to play a Pandotara
re station that was for, briefly, music that was rather Eighties/Nineties " college/indie rock. stuff. It reminded of the steps I didn't take/didn't have and rather underlined my feeling about never having gone to uni - and perhaps I never will.I did end up playing the station, though. I was never a college radio DJ :( . Perhaps that is no longer a bug deal.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 3:39 am

...There should have been " listen " intm thee headline :-( Not wanting to listen to what reminds me of yesterday.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:18 am

Having YouTube, alone, gives you access to many, many types of music.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 10:03 am

...I'll put this here, since the line's been posted in recently. I recently entered the phrase " college student " in this phone (here in the hospital, where I've inside one room or the other for essentially 100% for well over a week.
When I was doing Santa Cruz, with lots of noticeable " college students " I would occasionally see someone who looked like the type of " college student " I pictured myself. sort of neat follies/ Bahamian. It could get me depressed. :( .
Now, I entered " college student " it - looked at the image that came up, cried m, looking at a picture of someone (Caucasian, male) sort of like me :cry: .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 10:36 am

...Yes, it is true that YT can let me sample many kinds of music that I couldn't before. But it's also true that I'm not " part " of You tube - I
can"t lost. I can't start my own channel. Nobody will show me how to. If somebody just would :cry: . This is an archetypicsl " asking to be taught how to fish " butt no one will two it, for all the nicely- nice things they say. It's not asking for money or material things, but knowledge. But, I have nobody :cry: .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 10:43 am

I've learned SO MUCH from YouTube.

I'm not a "member" of YouTube myself. I've never posted anything. Never saw the need to.

What one has to do is to avoid most things of a political nature on YouTube. Usually, anything political is merely a "rant."

For the first time, I was able to see people driving in Yaoundé, Cameroon. I was able to see old footage of The Who a year before they had their first decent hit, "I Can't Explain."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 11:39 am

...I only have a teeny phone, nothing else. I can hardly make out anything. My eyes are getting older and weaker in general and I don't have prescription glasses ' I haven't' for many years :cry:. With my lack of glasses and wy weakening eyes and my bad back :cry: that makes a comfortable position hard I read " real " things so little. I don't have good stability :cry: , or a place to put aside and use things - looks those books/records in storave :cry: . Where even the storage paid for and and answer back from that NYS lawyer is a non-stop trudge.