14 Mar 2019, 8:45 pm

Lee Camp is the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44SNEDnlWY

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:15 pm

Climate change hysteria will take its place.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Climate change hysteria will take its place.

Well, I wouldn't mind that. We obviously aren't on the same page on this issue.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:23 am

When is hysteria a good thing?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 9:56 am

"Serious concern," then.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:44 pm

The only one expressing hysteria is Trump as the release of the Mueller report gets closer.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 4:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The only one expressing hysteria is Trump as the release of the Mueller report gets closer.

Even if the Mueller report shows evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, the far greater issue is the system that put Trump in a position to become the POTUS. If we continue to ignore that, then we're finished.

It's time to kick McCarthy back in the ground where he belongs.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 4:26 pm

^^^Hear, hear. Those who are willing to tell lies, even to oppose a man who admittedly is rotten, are themselves a threat to democracy comparable to that posed by Trump. Given that the rational, honest case against Trump is so strong, why resort to fabricating Russophobic, neo-McCarthyist nonsense?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 5:53 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
^^^Hear, hear. Those who are willing to tell lies, even to oppose a man who admittedly is rotten, are themselves a threat to democracy comparable to that posed by Trump. Given that the rational, honest case against Trump is so strong, why resort to fabricating Russophobic, neo-McCarthyist nonsense?

Sometimes, reality is beyond the reach of extreme partisans. If propaganda suits their agenda, then they grab onto it with both hands and never let go.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

There is a wealth of evidence of involvement with the Russians, going back even before Trump's people had met with Putin's agents for dirt on Clinton. The kind of person Trump is makes it all the more likely that he'd collude with Putin, then allow himself to become the Russian strongman's b*tch by becoming compromised.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 7:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Even if the Mueller report shows evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, the far greater issue is the system that put Trump in a position to become the POTUS. If we continue to ignore that, then we're finished.

The system that put Trump in a position to become POTUS? You mean democracy?
The problem here isn't democracy itself, but how voters are so lazy and dumb that they allow themselves to be herded by charlatans like Trump, rather than making the effort to educate themselves as participants in American government.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 7:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

There is a wealth of evidence of involvement with the Russians, going back even before Trump's people had met with Putin's agents for dirt on Clinton. The kind of person Trump is makes it all the more likely that he'd collude with Putin, then allow himself to become the Russian strongman's b*tch by becoming compromised.

If there's evidence, and I'm not disputing that there may be, I'd like to see it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 7:28 pm

It seems most people are swayed by propaganda and sensationalism.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 8:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The system that put Trump in a position to become POTUS? You mean democracy? , there.
The problem here isn't democracy itself, but how voters are so lazy and dumb that they allow themselves to be herded by charlatans like Trump, rather than making the effort to educate themselves as participants in American government.

No, I'm not talking about democracy. I'm talking about a system that was bought and payed for by the billionaire class decades ago. I'm also talking about the Democrats rigging their primaries in 2016.

Trump voters are "lazy and dumb?" You might want to be careful. You're basically insulting all the members that belong to this site who have openly stated they are Trump supporters. That';s alright with me, to be honest. You have the right to state your opinions. But it leans toward violating the TOS, yes?

I'll take your statement a little further, and join you in that danger zone. Anybody who votes for any candidates from the two criminal gangs that run our country are...well, maybe I won't say "lazy and dumb"...I'll just say they have been forced into believing they have no choice but to choose between two terrible choices that are owned by the same corporate interests.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The system that put Trump in a position to become POTUS? You mean democracy? , there.

No, I'm not talking about democracy. I'm talking about a system that was bought and payed for by the billionaire class decades ago. I'm also talking about the Democrats rigging their primaries in 2016.

Trump voters are "lazy and dumb?" You might want to be careful. You're basically insulting all the members that belong to this site who have openly stated they are Trump supporters. That';s alright with me, to be honest. You have the right to state your opinions. But it leans toward violating the TOS, yes?

I'll take your statement a little further, and join you in that danger zone. Anybody who votes for any candidates from the two criminal gangs that run our country are...well, maybe I won't say "lazy and dumb"...I'll just say they have been forced into believing they have no choice but to choose between two terrible choices that are owned by the same corporate interests.

Alright, I agree with you since you said you were talking about the meddling of billionaires into the political process. You need to say that outright, as I'm an Aspie and am likely not to catch it.
As for Trump supporters taking offense of me calling them dumb and lazy - - they know how I feel (Heh, heh... just kidding... or am I?).