Page 3 of 5 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,049
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Mar 2019, 2:50 am

EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,532
Location: Houston, Texas

16 Mar 2019, 4:13 am

Maybe we should consider a total ban on guns, not just stricter regulations.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,046
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 4:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


As have communists and the US.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,515
Location: USA

16 Mar 2019, 5:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


True. But I disagree that "These days, it also describes conservatives as a whole" as someone else said in this thread.

It would be a shame if progressives exploit a tragedy like this to use as propaganda.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,532
Location: Long Island, New York

16 Mar 2019, 5:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This murderer acted on his own.

It will be revealed over the next couple of days that his accomplices are most likely members which will now make this the first white nationalist group become a terrorist organisation,

Ku Klux Klan, Atomwaffen Division

Unless I missed it nobody has been charged as an accomplice. So for now there is no reason for me not to go on the assumption this was a “lone wolf” attack.

Innocents are often questioned and even arrested in the early stages of a mass attack investigation in part because of fear that potential accomplices might stage further attacks and just because such a high profile investigation is going to be hyper thorough.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum" - The Specials


Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 16 Mar 2019, 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,515
Location: USA

16 Mar 2019, 6:14 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This murderer acted on his own.

It will be revealed over the next couple of days that his accomplices are most likely members which will now make this the first white nationalist group become a terrorist organisation,

Ku Klux Klan, Atomwaffen Division


Who wrote the manifesto?



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,532
Location: Long Island, New York

16 Mar 2019, 8:12 am

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This murderer acted on his own.

It will be revealed over the next couple of days that his accomplices are most likely members which will now make this the first white nationalist group become a terrorist organisation,

Ku Klux Klan, Atomwaffen Division


Who wrote the manifesto?

The “alleged shooter”


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum" - The Specials


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,515
Location: USA

16 Mar 2019, 8:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This murderer acted on his own.

It will be revealed over the next couple of days that his accomplices are most likely members which will now make this the first white nationalist group become a terrorist organisation,

Ku Klux Klan, Atomwaffen Division


Who wrote the manifesto?

The “alleged shooter”


Exactly.



Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,394

16 Mar 2019, 10:19 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Profile of terrorist
Quote:
Candace Owens Ripped for ‘LOL’ Reaction After New Zealand Massacre Suspect Named Her Biggest Influence
Quote:
Candace Owens, right-wing commentator and Kanye West influencer, was on the defensive Thursday evening after the suspect in the mass killing of 49 people at two New Zealand mosques publicly named her as his biggest influence in a lengthy manifesto.

In several tweets — issued as bodies were still being counted — Owens jeered at critics whom she said were attempting to pin responsibility for the massacre on her.

“LOL! ???? FACT: I’ve never created any content espousing my views on the 2nd Amendment or Islam,” Owens said in response to one now deleted tweet. “The Left pretending I inspired a mosque massacre in…New Zealand because I believe black America can do it without government hand outs is the reachiest reach of all reaches!! LOL!”

HAHA OMG you racist Leftists are taking your racism and crazy to a whole new level hahah. Black people don’t have to be Democrats” now means…mosque shootings in New Zealand?” she continued. “This clearly won’t stick but damn if I won’t grow #BLEXIT highlighting your sheer desperation. ????????”

In an online manifesto, Tarrant wrote, “The person who has influenced me above all was Candace Owens” — but Gawker co-founder Elizabeth Spiers noted many “sarcastic” passages in the document and suggested that Owens’ mention may have been “trolling.”

Others took exception to her tweeted assertion that she had “never created any content espousing my views on the 2nd Amendment or Islam” and resurfaced past comments that suggested otherwise.

“Please remind [London mayor] @SadiqKhan that according to the birth rate, Europe will fall and become a Muslim majority continent by 2050,” Owens said in one tweet. “There has never been a muslim majority country where sharia law was not implemented. When we’re forced to save you guys (again) we’ll forgive the balloon.

Owens has had a meteoric career after being singled out for praise by singer Kanye West.

In regular speaking engagements and rallies she has championed the “Blexit” movement aimed at winning over black voters to the Republican Party. She received a rapturous reception at the 2019 Conservative Political Action Committee and was praised by President Trump himself.

Having now read the entire manifesto, I believe Owens is correct to laugh loudly at those accusing her.

I think the vast majority of the manifesto is him being dead serious and truthful, but there is a small dose of trolling, and this is one part, as follows:

Quote:
Is there a particular person that radicalized you the most? Yes, the person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens. Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness. Though I will have to disavow some of her beliefs, the extreme actions she calls for are too much, even for my tastes.


He details his real reasons for radicalisation elsewhere. In fact, following his logic, I think Owens might well be a pretty high value target for elimination, since he wants ALL non-whites eliminated unless they are within his designated zone, outside of white countries, and she is trying to help black Americans, the last thing he wants is the black family unit being strengthened and more black children being produced.



Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,394

16 Mar 2019, 10:27 am

Captcha is stopping me from fixing that mess above, so I'll just go with this:

Having now read the entire manifesto, I believe Owens is correct to laugh loudly at those accusing her.

I think the vast majority of the manifesto is him being dead serious and truthful, but there is a small dose of trolling, and this is one part, as follows:

Quote:
Is there a particular person that radicalized you the most? Yes, the person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens. Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness. Though I will have to disavow some of her beliefs, the extreme actions she calls for are too much, even for my tastes.


He details his real reasons for radicalisation elsewhere. In fact, following his logic, I think Owens might well be a pretty high value target for elimination, since he wants ALL non-whites eliminated unless they are within his designated zone, outside of white countries, and she is trying to help black Americans, the last thing he wants is the black family unit being strengthened and more black children being produced.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,049
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Mar 2019, 4:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


True. But I disagree that "These days, it also describes conservatives as a whole" as someone else said in this thread.

It would be a shame if progressives exploit a tragedy like this to use as propaganda.


Obviously, most conservatives are not racists.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,049
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Mar 2019, 4:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


As have communists and the US.


We're not talking about my country, but about a racist lunatic who gunned down a bunch of people because of their religion and the color of their skin.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,108

16 Mar 2019, 6:20 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This murderer acted on his own.

It will be revealed over the next couple of days that his accomplices are most likely members which will now make this the first white nationalist group become a terrorist organisation,

Ku Klux Klan, Atomwaffen Division

Unless I missed it nobody has been charged as an accomplice. So for now there is no reason for me not to go on the assumption this was a “lone wolf” attack.


Interesting this group and others are "active on university campuses across America"

A lot of terrorism being swept under the carpet
https://www.chronicle.com/article/Hate- ... Are/245093



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,046
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2019, 6:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have said that white supremacists / neo-nazis are a fringe element, rather than the majority of conservatives, as it seems to be implied at times. That there are not mass swarms of neo-nazis everywhere. This murderer acted on his own. He was not under the direction of some large neo-nazi organization. It is wrong to blame Muslims for terrorists acts committed in the name of Islam, because they are committed by a fringe minority. Yet it seems acceptable to blame conservatives and the President because of a fringe minority or because of someone acting on their own.


Even if Nazis aren't numerous, they still have proven they can cause huge death rates.


As have communists and the US.


We're not talking about my country, but about a racist lunatic who gunned down a bunch of people because of their religion and the color of their skin.


The US has killed more Muslims than anyone or anything over the last 30 years. It's the liberal media that need to be stopped.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,108

16 Mar 2019, 6:38 pm

It's sad that some muslims don't help their own cause
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 815e0f1cf9

A war on many fronts I'm afraid