17 Mar 2019, 3:27 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Antrax wrote:
bitter minorities

angry minorities

:|

How would you characterize a collection of individuals who frequently go on rants about the evils of "white people?" I'm curious.

I never said they didn't have reason to be angry, Trump makes me angry. It's just their anger is directed at me, and that also makes me angry.

I'm definitely not going to talk about racism with you. People that say things like you have here make me really uncomfortable.

Fair enough, no one forces you to engage with anyone. I've often found it useful to engage with people with differing views than mine. It helps me refine my views and perspective. I think more people should be able to have a dialogue on difficult topics and actually listen to the other person.

If you change your mind and are willing to have a dialogue I'll respond. If you want to leave it as is, have a nice day.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:40 pm

Crimadella wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Why do people only condemn white supremacy, seems black supremacy is just as evil.

Makes sense, "black" people are much more hurt by "white" supremacy than "whites" are by "black" supremacy.

One of the social groups holds more power, and has the ability to wreck much more havoc.

In other words, only white supremacy is bad, supremacists of other races are irrelevant, how very absurd of a thought process.

When was the last black supremacist mass shooter or bomber? When that starts to happen, then I will be worried about black supremacy. Until then, I'm not worried because if they exist they don't make themselves known to the public through violent acts like white supremacist terrorists do.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:40 pm

Every Racist Thing Said to the MAGA Teens and Native Americans by the Black Israelites Supercut

Black Supremacists Harass Covington Catholic Students at March for Life. PROFANITY.

Part 6. Hebrew Israelites: White People Going Into Slavery Will Be Justice For So Called Blacks

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:43 pm

Antrax wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Antrax wrote:
bitter minorities

angry minorities

How would you characterize a collection of individuals who frequently go on rants about the evils of "white people?" I'm curious.

I never said they didn't have reason to be angry, Trump makes me angry. It's just their anger is directed at me, and that also makes me angry.

I'm definitely not going to talk about racism with you. People that say things like you have here make me really uncomfortable.

Fair enough, no one forces you to engage with anyone. I've often found it useful to engage with people with differing views than mine. It helps me refine my views and perspective. I think more people should be able to have a dialogue on difficult topics and actually listen to the other person.

If you change your mind and are willing to have a dialogue I'll respond. If you want to leave it as is, have a nice day.

My experience has been that it's not possible to have a reasonable conversation with people who admit to being angry about issues like race, it inevitably goes to a place that is really negative and scary for me and I just don't want to talk to other white people about how angry they are at people who aren't white. It's just a gross conversation that I don't want to have, it never goes well and usually ends with the other person calling me something like a traitor to my race or just an idiot or other pejoratives, so I've stopped trying to have conversations on this particular topic with angry white people.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:47 pm

I've hated the human race for years but now I hate it more than ever. And seeing autistic people on WP act worse than NTs do doesn't help.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:50 pm

MaxE wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
MaxE wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Why do people only condemn white supremacy, seems black supremacy is just as evil.

Makes sense, "black" people are much more hurt by "white" supremacy than "whites" are by "black" supremacy.

One of the social groups holds more power, and has the ability to wreck much more havoc.
I really don't think Black Supremacy is a thing. There is radical Black Nationalism, and even Black Separatism (although this sort of thing was way more prevalent 50 years ago than nowadays). Black Supremacy, that's a new one for me.

Really? Then what do you call a group of black people holding up signs with a white man on his knees and a chain around his neck, then the chain extends out to a black man, like he is holding the white man on a leash with words over it, "Now it's time for the white man to be the slave"? Friends??

Yea, it's no surprise it's new to you, because no body reports on it. In a story that spread viral, The MAGA hat teens and the native man that was actually harassing them rather than the other way around, the same group of people who believe that white people should be slaves, black Israelite's were there yelling racial slurs at white people. Now why has that 'fact' been intentionally suppressed??
This sign you describe was being carried by Black Israelites? To me they are a splinter group of little consequence. The same thing could be rightly said of the small group of people who actually showed up for the Unite the Right event in 2017, however White Supremacy is a widespread idea that actually dominated politics in the South (especially but not exclusively) until quite recently, and is still around. So I would see that as a legitimate threat, whereas a splinter group of black extremists don't pose any threat to me that I can perceive, and anyway very few black people of any consequence associate with such people.

Referring to the original subject line though, I would say that the idea of White Supremacy has definitely re-emerged as a potential threat to our society in that last couple of years, for what ever reason you choose to accept.

White supremacy is not far spreed, that is the lie that radicals on the left keep telling. Once again, an estimated 150,000 white supremacists versus 42 million people who believe white people shouldn't be able to speak and are racist simply because they are white. People keep trying to act like that isn't a huge problem and it's pretty stressful, one idea is a conspiracy theory(white supremacy is wide spread in the US), the other is more of a factual(statistical) thing 12%-18% people in the US believe that white people are racist because they are white and shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion on particular subjects.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:52 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've hated the human race for years but now I hate it more than ever. And seeing autistic people on WP act worse than NTs do doesn't help.

I hate racism and don't like the fact that some people have the stupid idea that on group of racist people are not as bad as another group of racist people, I think all racist people suck!

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:55 pm

Why post so many deliberately inflammatory statements that are logically indefensible?

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:57 pm

Antrax wrote:
Antrax wrote:
Antrax wrote:
bitter minorities

angry minorities

My experience has been that it's not possible to have a reasonable conversation with people who admit to being angry about issues like race, it inevitably goes to a place that is really negative and scary for me and I just don't want to talk to other white people about how angry they are at people who aren't white. It's just a gross conversation that I don't want to have, it never goes well and usually ends with the other person calling me something like a traitor to my race or just an idiot or other pejoratives, so I've stopped trying to have conversations on this particular topic with angry white people.

I might surprise you. I'll never call you an idiot or traitor to your race. In fact I reject the concept that one should have loyalty to their race. That's an inherently destructive mentality. Everyone comes from a different walk of life and carries different perspectives from them. I like discussing with others with different perspectives because it helps me reflect on my own. I've been wrong about many things in my life (or was I right the whole time, and am wrong now?).

I don't like that I've become more angry regarding race relations. I wish everyone would just treat others like people regardless of their skin color. However, I see no value in pretending that the hateful comments I routinely hear about white people haven't made me angry. They have, and I'd be lying if I said they hadn't.

You've had bad experiences in the past, so if you don't want to discuss with me I'll accept that. However, I would encourage you to give the discussion a chance.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:58 pm

DanielW wrote:
Why post so many deliberately inflammatory statements that are logically indefensible?

Who, me?

They are only inflammatory statements if people choose to act like racism towards white people on a massive scale is acceptable, which people are choosing to do. I choose to recognize that all forms of racism are bad, it's a very simple concept that the majority of the US population agrees with, even white supremacists are bad people(just encase people have trouble making that connection).

Given it more thought, I don't see how recognizing racism exists is inflammatory.

Last edited by Crimadella on 17 Mar 2019, 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

My experience on WP so far is that it has been a lot like the rest of the internet. I've actually found the discussion here more civil and productive than other forums I've seen.

I do think "arguments on the PPR, stay on the PPR" is a good rule to have.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:07 pm

Crimadella wrote:
DanielW wrote:

Who, me?

They are only inflammatory statements if people choose to act like racism towards white people on a massive scale is acceptable, which people are choosing to do. I choose to recognize that all forms of racism are bad, it's a very simple concept that the majority of the US population agrees with, even white supremacists are bad people(just encase people have trouble making that connection).

Crimadella, NO . my response was to the first post in this thread, (the OP) - sorry if you thought I was replying to you specifically

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:44 pm

Crimadella wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

In other words, only white supremacy is bad,

No
Crimadella wrote:
supremacists of other races are irrelevant,

In the western world we currently live in, yes.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:01 pm

DanielW wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
DanielW wrote:

Who, me?

Crimadella, NO . my response was to the first post in this thread, (the OP) - sorry if you thought I was replying to you specifically

No worries, thanks for clarifying.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:06 pm

Antrax wrote:
The problem with this argument is no ideological consistency.

Who's ideology are you talking about?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 5:09 pm

RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

In other words, only white supremacy is bad,

No
Crimadella wrote:
supremacists of other races are irrelevant,

In the western world we currently live in, yes.

There is no point in continuing loops. You keep ignoring the fact that people racist towards white people(including white people) are heavily outweighing white supremacists by massive numbers in strength. No racism should be acceptable, you are ignoring major group with racist beliefs to focus on a minority group(white supremacists). White supremacists in the US basically have no power, you are trying the tactic of insisting all white people are racist and so them being the majority race in the US means that they have all the power, which is so far from the truth that it really does hurt.