Chelsea Clinton attacked at Christchurch memorial

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 10:48 pm

At a memori vigil in NYC observing the Christchurch murders, attendant a Chelsea Clinton was verbally attacked (I Can't Link. Some of?? you know mi circmstances :( . Also. I won't guarantee I'm quoted the exact language used, whoever links can lead you to that :| ) :by NYU students who said that "words the put out " helped set the tragedy up. It was captured on video and went viral.
The NYU students were criticizing Clinton for her earlier wrsending a tweet condemning that House member Omar'd " loyalty "/Israel comments.
My comment is: WTF 8O ? HOE did Chelsea's comments inspire - Or, since I suppose they didn't say " inspire ", set up an atmosphere for - this awful nutcase carrying out his massacre? Can someone please explain the logic here? So he would have joined his local Christchurch Muslims/Non-Muslims Friendship League if not for ol' Chels? Come ON! :o

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 10:52 pm

[quote="ASS-P"]At a memori vigil in NYC observing the Christchurch murders, attendant a Chelsea Clinton was verbally attacked (I Can't Link. Some of?? you know mi circmstances :( . Also. I won't guarantee I'm quoted the exact language used, whoever links can lead you to that :| ) :by NYU students who said that "words the put out " helped set the tragedy up. It was captured on video and went viral.
The NYU students were criticizing Clinton for her earlier wrsending a tweet condemning that House member Omar'd " loyalty "/Israel comments.
My comment is: WTF 8O ? HOW did Chelsea's comments inspire - Or, since I suppose they didn't say " inspire ", set up an atmosphere for - this awful nutcase carrying out his massacre? Can someone please explain the logic here? So he would have joined his local Christchurch Muslims/Non-Muslims Friendship League if not for ol' Chels? Come ON!
I suppose there must be someone here who agrees with the NYU students :roll: . Could you please post here and explain this to me?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:49 am

Opinion: We Confronted Chelsea Clinton At The Christchurch Vigil. Here's Why

Quote:
Yesterday we posted a video of Leen confronting Chelsea Clinton at a vigil for the victims of the white supremacist New Zealand mosque massacre. Today, we woke up to over 100,000 people talking about it on Twitter. Needless to say, this is not what we expected.

We went to the vigil for one reason: to grieve the loss of innocent lives that were stolen from this world by vile hatred. We wanted to join our friends and colleagues in a time of heartbreak and agony, to remember the 49 Muslims who were murdered for being Muslim. As a Jewish American-Israeli and a Palestinian Muslim, we understand far too well the consequences of anti-Semitism, anti-Muslim bigotry, and white supremacy. And as activists who are unafraid to speak the truth, we know we have a duty to call out any bigotry wherever it exists.

We did a double take when we first noticed Chelsea Clinton was at the vigil. Just weeks before this tragedy, we bore witness to a bigoted, anti-Muslim mob coming after Rep. Ilhan Omar for speaking the truth about the massive influence of the Israel lobby in this country. As people in unwavering solidarity with Palestinians in their struggle for freedom and human rights, we were profoundly disappointed when Chelsea Clinton used her platform to fan those flames. We believe that Ilhan Omar did nothing wrong except challenge the status quo, but the way many people chose to criticize Omar made her vulnerable to anti-Muslim hatred and death threats.

We were shocked when Clinton arrived at the vigil, given that she had not yet apologized to Rep. Omar for the public vilification against her. We thought it was inappropriate for her to show up to a vigil for a community she had so recently stoked hatred against. We were not alone in feeling uncomfortable — many students were dismayed to see her there.

So when we saw Chelsea, we saw an opportunity to have her ear and confront her on her false charge of anti-Semitism against our only Black, Muslim, Somali, and refugee member of Congress. We took our chance to speak truth to power. Chelsea hurt our fight against white supremacy when she stood by the petty weaponizers of antisemitism, showing no regard for Rep. Omar and the hatred being directed at her.

Rose Asaf is a senior at New York University where she studies Comparative Politics and American Studies. She is an Israeli-American Jewish woman, and she co-founded the Jewish Voice for Peace chapter at NYU.

Leen Dweik is a senior at New York University studying International Relations and Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies. She is a Muslim Palestinian whose main organizing centers on Palestine solidarity efforts.

Donald Trump Jr. comes to Chelsea Clinton’s defense after NYU video
Quote:
Donald Trump Jr. is defending Chelsea Clinton after the former first daughter was blasted by NYU students who blamed her tweet for the New Zealand mosque attacks.

“It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism,” Trump tweeted Saturday. “We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem.”

The political foes became bedfellows after an NYU student confronted Clinton, who is pregnant with her third child, at a Friday night vigil for the massacre victims.

This right here is the result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world,” senior student Leen Dweik told Clinton Friday in a video posted to social media. “The 49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there,” added Dweik — who was wearing a Bernie Sanders 2020 T-shirt.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Mar 2019, 4:00 pm

What a horrible bunch of people all around. Can't believe I'm agreeing with Donald Trump Jr but it's sickening that these people are defending anti-Semitism simply because the anti-Semite in question is a black Muslim Somali, and trying to connect a Nazi's horrific Islamophobic terrorist attack to people standing up to racism.

Has Bernie said anything about these people?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:20 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Can't believe I'm agreeing with Donald Trump Jr

"Politics makes strange bedfellows"

Two people confronted her, they did not "attack" her.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Can't believe I'm agreeing with Donald Trump Jr

"Politics makes strange bedfellows"

Two people confronted her, they did not "attack" her.

...They verbally attacked her. I abbreviated it, to write it in headline :wink: . They accused her of being part of what set up the Christchurch massacre :cry: alone, I call that an " attack " :(.