Amazon orders remake of Israeli show “On the Spectrum”

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 4:00 am

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/Amazon-orders-remake-of-Israeli-show-On-the-Spectrum-583728

Quote:
Amazon Studios is producing an American version of the acclaimed Israeli TV show On the Spectrum.

Amazon has ordered a pilot of the remake from writer Jason Katims, who created the hit shows Parenthood, Friday Night Lights and more. The original show was created by Dana Idisis for Yes, and follows the lives of three 20-somethings in Tel Aviv who are on the autism spectrum.

Idisis has spoken publicly about her brother with autism who inspired the show, and Katims has a son with autism, an experience which was the inspiration for a character on Parenthood.

According to The Observer, the US versions of the main characters - Jack, Violet and Harrison - will stick closely to the personalities of the original show: Amit, Zohar and Ron.

On the Spectrum, which premiered in Israel last year, has won praise both locally and abroad. In May it won the top prize at the SeriesMania competition in France, a month after it premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 6:47 am

Thank you very much for posting this. I can't wait to see this show.