Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2019, 5:23 am

Anning is an Australian embarrassment...
Need I say more?

Egg boy:
Plain and simple: The support of egg boy's action will absolutely encourage others to seek fame through anti-social common assault activities...<shake head>

If you agree with this sort of violent activism...
In the words of auntie Jack: "I will rip ya bloody arms orf" and beat you to a pulp with them for supporting violence...
What? 8O

https://youtu.be/Al2nNixyFFg

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:49 pm

I had a loud-mouth at work, who boldly declares that Brexit should be repealed because the people were stupid, also suggested that this guy had no business slapping the guy who hit whapped him with an egg - he's boldly left-wing anti-democratic so none of it surprises me.

I don't know how the laws work over there but over here in the US spitting on someone is assault. I have to hope something similar can be said about smacking someone in the head with food products. In both situations there really isn't room not to escalate.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I had a loud-mouth at work, who boldly declares that Brexit should be repealed because the people were stupid, also suggested that this guy had no business slapping the guy who hit whapped him with an egg - he's boldly left-wing anti-democratic so none of it surprises me.

I don't know how the laws work over there but over here in the US spitting on someone is assault. I have to hope something similar can be said about smacking someone in the head with food products. In both situations there really isn't room not to escalate.

Quick question, as I have watched many of the violent antifa protester videos, one thing keeps striking my mind. If someone gets directly in your face screaming, why are you not allowed to hit them? I though 'provoking' people was supposed to allow someone to react. Also, it is common for them to spit on people, is that also a form of provoking?

I watched one case in the past where a guy beat another guy down with a shovel on camera, the guy with the shovel got off free of charge because the other guy was provoking him. Now we have people putting horns up to people's ears, which can cause physical damage to one's eardrum, and people are acting as if you cannot strike them, you have to stand there and take it or out run them to get away? Why is this??

Pepe, what a mighty strange guy in that video!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:15 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Quick question, as I have watched many of the violent antifa protester videos, one thing keeps striking my mind. If someone gets directly in your face screaming, why are you not allowed to hit them? I though 'provoking' people was supposed to allow someone to react. Also, it is common for them to spit on people, is that also a form of provoking?

I watched one case in the past where a guy beat another guy down with a shovel on camera, the guy with the shovel got off free of charge because the other guy was provoking him. Now we have people putting horns up to people's ears, which can cause physical damage to one's eardrum, and people are acting as if you cannot strike them, you have to stand there and take it or out run them to get away? Why is this??

I can't imagine someone being able to blast an airhorn in someone's ear and the person getting in too much trouble for grabbing it, twisting, and breaking their fingers. Physical damage, risk of disease, etc. have to be the minimum line.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:27 pm

It was an egg...what is with people calling things that wont leave a bruise or a wound 'violence'? unkind, not necessary, rude, harassment those all seem they could describe cracking an egg over a person well enough...but violence. I'd say the recent mosque shooting was 1,000 times more violent than throwing an egg at someone or cracking one on someone could ever be.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
It was an egg...what is with people calling things that wont leave a bruise or a wound 'violence'? unkind, not necessary, rude, harassment those all seem they could describe cracking an egg over a person well enough...but violence. I'd say the recent mosque shooting was 1,000 times more violent than throwing an egg at someone or cracking one on someone could ever be.

Kinda like smacking someone in the back of the head with peanut butter would just be peanut butter?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Kinda like smacking someone in the back of the head with peanut butter would just be peanut butter?

Are we talking like getting some peanut butter on someones head or throwing the solid jar at the back of their head? In the second example that would be throwing a projectile that can harm someone, which would be worse than an egg. But if its the first one then yes...it would just be peanut butter.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:36 pm

I don't know...it's hard for me to get overly upset at people throwing food products at politicians.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:41 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Are we talking like getting some peanut butter on someones head or throwing the solid jar at the back of their head?

I'm talking about getting some in your palm and then shovel-handing someone across the cerebellum.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:42 pm

Since we're having too many theorhetical discussions about what the situation 'could have been':

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Are we talking like getting some peanut butter on someones head or throwing the solid jar at the back of their head?

I'm talking about getting some in your palm and then shovel-handing someone across the cerebellum.

You would have to reach inside them to reach the cerebellum so I assume you still just mean the back of the head. And yes in that case just peanut butter and well the individual this happens to may have some trouble getting it out of their hair...cause peanut butter is sticky.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:46 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I don't know...it's hard for me to get overly upset at people throwing food products at politicians.

That is also kind of how I feel about it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:47 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
You would have to reach inside them to reach the cerebellum so I assume you still just mean the back of the head. And yes in that case just peanut butter and well the individual this happens to may have some trouble getting it out of their hair...cause peanut butter is sticky.

Awesome, so I want to smack someone across the back of the head and I want to make it legal I can just put some food in my palm.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:48 pm

I think the only mitigating factor in this is that it's a kid. I have some sympathy with the notion that the guy overreacted, he was also surprised and you won't generally be on your best reactions in that kind of situation.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:49 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Awesome, so I want to smack someone across the back of the head and I want to make it legal I can just put some food in my palm.

I kind of pictured just smearing a large amount of peanut butter on the back of someones head, when you said shovel hand. I mean what is your angle here?...I just don't see any reason to lose sleep over some kid smashing an egg on a politicians head because he thought said politician was an as*hole.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I kind of pictured just smearing a large amount of peanut butter on the back of someones head, when you said shovel hand. I mean what is your angle here?...I just don't see any reason to lose sleep over some kid smashing an egg on a politicians head because he thought said politician was an as*hole.

It's the stupidity of the reactions that bothers me.

Hitting someone is assault. People seem to forget that when the antagonist/protagonist relationship is in line with their own politics.